Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/21/06, 12:18 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Discuss "Broken Spell" (the premiere of Mystic Force) here. I haven't watched it yet. I am going to watch my tape soon and comment on the episode than.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/06, 06:27 PM   #2
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

I saw your review at Funaroboard.

Funny. Especially love the first part that was hi-lar-ious. Didn't bother with the second part which I knew was a confirmation of the joke and an actual review.

So Power Rangers Harry Pothead Force starts off well, same was said about STD. Let's see how it actually turns out. And but let's I mean anyone foolish enough to watch still.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/06, 12:10 AM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheetamus Primal@Feb 21 2006, 11:27 PM
I saw your review at Funaroboard.

Funny. Especially love the first part that was hi-lar-ious. Didn't bother with the second part which I knew was a confirmation of the joke and an actual review.

So Power Rangers Harry Pothead Force starts off well, same was said about STD. Let's see how it actually turns out. And but let's I mean anyone foolish enough to watch still.
Hehehe Well here is the second part.

Everything went so fast its kinda hard to get a feel for the season. But it was enjoyable as preimers usually are. I don't think you can say its the weakest premiere. I mean some preimeres have been one parters compared to this one which is two parts. But not to say that a one parter can't beat a shitty two parter. But I digress. Its too bad everything went so fast. But I guess that is how PR is , especially since PR has taken over. We still have a whole season to explore Mystic Force's storyline. The fighting scenes were hard to get into. But if I watch them again I would probably enjoy them better. The acting isn't as good as SPD. But its only episode one ( and no I don't think the acting in DinoThunder sucked, lol). I don't know the mentor just seems a little off. Personally I would have rather her get captured. Its more fun when a Ranger team doesn't have a mentor. The characters themselves seemed a little generic at first. But I think their are aspects to them that started to make them interesting and give them potential.

For some reason I didn't mind having another reluctant red. Although it would have been cooler to have Xander and Madison be reluctant. Thats what I thought was going to happen when they stayed behind at first.

The villains seemed kind of generic. But I think they have potential. I am interested in seeing this master. Knight Wolf seems very interesting and should be an interesting part of the plot. It was cool having a six ranger in the first episode. Kind of a first for PR. I liked he story in the begining. The Day of the Dumpster feel at the beginning was realy a nice touch. I agree with SirStack, Vida does resemble Amy Debouis quite a bit at first glance. The whole team does lend itself to an MMPR kind of feel. And who says that Bruce Kalish doesn't respect past seasons. ( I even got a NS vibe as well)

Anyway, the whole thing was pretty decent and enough to keep me excited for the next episode ( although the promo for it is lacking). I get the feeling there is going to be less american footage this year. I wouldn't be surprise if the budget is lower this year. If that is the case hopefully they will make up for it next year. But as long as their is a good story Mystic Force will be good regardless.
Old 02/22/06, 09:29 AM   #4
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally posted by PRangerX@Feb 22 2006, 12:10 AM
I get the feeling there is going to be less american footage this year. I wouldn't be surprise if the budget is lower this year.
Lower budget + making stupid magical woodland creatures = idiot leadership at its finest

Less American footage = no reason for me to bother.

Have yet to bothered watching it, I haven't been bored enough to subject myself to it.

But from what I hear, slightly better than the STD premiere, we got another Dustin/Bridge (read stoner with mental retardation) and another Cole (read idealistic twirp with no brains who was born in a jungle). Sounds like real great PR there.

But at least they bothered to give Wolzard a decent name, Koragg is so much better than plain Knight Wolf. The Lamer(s) who came up with Knight Wolf need to be shot in the crotch then have gasoline poured on the wound then set it on fire then just when they are about to beg for mercy shot in the head just so we don't have to listen to their pitiful pleas for mercy.
Old 02/24/06, 09:08 PM   #5
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

I watched it, my reaction for MF's premiere is better than SPD's. My general reaction is bleh.

I like Nick. He reminds of someone. He's the only one I would trust with my life.

I hate the "Boom" Girl.

Udonna reminds me of a female Zordon with a touch of the worse parts of the NS hamster.

The sisters I like Pink best of them, she seem's gothy.
Old 02/26/06, 01:29 AM   #6
Deviot
Putty Patroller

I like it, except the theme song, that is. The rest is good, and it's not too bad overall. I can't wait to actually see the Titan Megazord in action, either. Man, I'm at a loss for words...probably cause this is the first PR premiere that wasn't superbly spectacular.
Deviot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/06, 03:15 AM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Deviot@Feb 26 2006, 06:29 AM
I like it, except the theme song, that is. The rest is good, and it's not too bad overall. I can't wait to actually see the Titan Megazord in action, either. Man, I'm at a loss for words...probably cause this is the first PR premiere that wasn't superbly spectacular.
Hi Deviot, welcome back. Good to see you around again.
Old 02/26/06, 06:24 AM   #8
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally posted by Deviot@Feb 26 2006, 01:29 AM
Man, I'm at a loss for words...probably cause this is the first PR premiere that wasn't superbly spectacular.
Not true, we have had plenty of other seasons without superbly spectacular premieres.
Old 02/28/06, 01:33 PM   #9
Deviot
Putty Patroller

It's the only one that I actually have found complainable.
Deviot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/06, 04:01 PM   #10
Malachi
Putty Patroller

Well I took a season off near the end of Dino Thunder and completely missed SPD. Now I watched Broken Spell. Okay Its Harry Potter Rangers. But once you rip past the part where its just rideing off Harry fame and tring to get Harry fans to watch it,,, Its not that bad.

Now this wasn't the best pilot i've seen but it wasn't that bad. The opening battle could of been shorter and more detailed. How they became the rangers was kinda just like MMPR opening where they were given the morphers and just walked. This time they just left it at the tree. Now haveing the Sixth Ranger right off the bat was a good Idea. Specaly with her loseing. By far the best ranger would have to be Chip. He's funny and reminds me of my friend..... The bad guys are cheap and corny this season. Knight Wolf um yeah wrost name i've ever heard wait no I hated it the frist time i heard it iN mortal Kombat. Koragg is his name right. The character seems to me probibly be an X ranger or something along the lines as a former student turn bad. The others seem to do absoultly nothing so far.

I can't wait to see the Titan Zords and Mega Titan Zord. as well as the eventual Team up with SPD. Alaways a fan of the cross overs. Now the decision to watch the series or not. Probibly not i'll just download it on Bittorrent and watch it when i get time to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Wife's review and a nonpower ranger fan.

I was a huge power rangers fan... when I was like 8... but due to my husbands *coughobsession* with power rangers he has been making me watch the new ones and getting me somewhat caught up on the old ones.

Some of them look pretty stupid by the way.. like Ninja Storm... I don't even want to bother with.

As far as Mystic Force goes... ok its a little predictable.. but what power rangers series isn't? Its cheesey, and somewhat of a rip off, again still standard
when it all comes together I really like it, I like magic related stuff though. Obviously its a Potter rip off,but I like potter so I don't really care. I think its pretty cool all around.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply