Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/22/17, 06:33 PM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default The Adventures of Redbot Episode Discussion

Here's the discussion thread for yesterday's new episode.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/17, 07:32 PM   #2
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Default Re: The Adventures of Redbot Episode Discussion

Great another shitty episode with a shitty side character.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/17, 10:16 PM   #3
Lord Jedite
Putty Patroller

Ninja Steel doesn't offend me, it is kind of just there. Its boring, I don't feel anything good or bad for it
Lord Jedite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/17, 12:46 PM   #4
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321

So... the command center internet is still running off the school's network? Seems like an easy way to track down a blogger.

Posing as Mick's invention is a good idea.

Whoa wait. Did that guy just acknowledge robots as a normal thing? Or has he made deals with robots before and screwed them over? This is some neat world building, sentient robots and hoverboards, this is a world that accepts super science stuff exists enough to be brushed off as barely unusual.

"Famous?" Ok that was funny.

That is a fairly accurate method of book contracts. "I have requests" "Nope one and only offer" "....fine."

I kind of like the victor and monty story here, they aren't obnoxious and have been actually kind of funny about the whole thing. It'd make more sense if they had met or interacted with Redbot before though. Honestly, if they kept doing Victor and Monty stories that involve Redbot, it could be kind of fun.

The Redbot Batman 66 cutaway gag is awesome.

I like that the story is "A million little redbots". Though they weren't making it clear he was selling these as true stories, not a fictional blog. This is a good way to pull the fake ranger story, someone actually trying to profit of the Ranger association not just impress strangers. Redbot's kind of got a selfish streak to him, I like that his stories aren't exactly "robot learns to be human" but "robot just wants things like a human".

I was not expecting Chekov's Dog to be a thing.

Mick having the sense to get some gloves and save the day was a pretty good touch.

I really love the "Haha, meow" for some reason.

Mick leaving victor and monty frozen is pretty awesome.

This is a kind of flimsy plot, but it's a finely put together episode. It's like the editing and direction has improved enough to fix writing issues. The moral isn't as forced or choppy as it seemed like it was going to be, had it been an earlier episode I'm sure it would have been the rangers constantly saying "fibbing is bad" ignoring that its supposed to be a work of fiction. This is a weaker episode than the last few but still a fine episode on its own and 0kind of unintentionally world builds at the same time.

Everyone improved, even the little girl, its like there was some kind of actual concerted effort to improve on the first few episodes in post.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/17, 12:48 PM   #5
MegaBlue
Putty Patroller

Oh, Redbot... I should watch that Tensou episode of SuperM, just to see which is the worse offender of "episode of Rangers with barely any Rangers." People see Redbot walking around, and NOBODY is surprised? Not Victor and Monty? Not Dan Willoughby, the shady book producer? Not 90% of the school's population? I just... I don't know how we can go from the wonderful election episode last weekend to this. I understand a need for filler, but, come on, there are plenty of other ways to do it, Ninja Steel. I wouldn't have minded a clip show - heck, based on the spoiler summaries, I *expected* a clip show - and the whole controversy about the book being released spilling the beans on the Rangers' dealings in and around the high school, so they have to stop it from coming out in order to cover their own behinds. Wouldn't that have made for a better episode?

The whole "train tracks" thing seemed like a veiled way to let us know why they didn't adapt TQG. See, kids? Trains are dangerous! (Sidebar: Was Mary walking in the middle of the road when she crossed the tracks?)

Also, "oh, I left Victor and Monty frozen" is such a dick move, Mick. Was that to make up from Levi stealing your thunder and mentoring more than you got to today?

With three episodes left until the season finale, things should start ramping up soon, right? Please don't let Galvanax decide to throw everything at the Rangers at the last minute. I know we're all about quick resolutions, Ninja Steel, but finale pacing needs to be, well, paced.
MegaBlue is offline Report Post
MegaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/17, 12:49 PM   #6
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBlue View Post
Oh, Redbot... I should watch that Tensou episode of SuperM, just to see which is the worse offender of "episode of Rangers with barely any Rangers." People see Redbot walking around, and NOBODY is surprised? Not Victor and Monty? Not Dan Willoughby, the shady book producer? Not 90% of the school's population? I just... I don't know how we can go from the wonderful election episode last weekend to this. I understand a need for filler, but, come on, there are plenty of other ways to do it, Ninja Steel. I wouldn't have minded a clip show - heck, based on the spoiler summaries, I *expected* a clip show - and the whole controversy about the book being released spilling the beans on the Rangers' dealings in and around the high school, so they have to stop it from coming out in order to cover their own behinds. Wouldn't that have made for a better episode?

The whole "train tracks" thing seemed like a veiled way to let us know why they didn't adapt TQG. See, kids? Trains are dangerous! (Sidebar: Was Mary walking in the middle of the road when she crossed the tracks?)

Also, "oh, I left Victor and Monty frozen" is such a dick move, Mick. Was that to make up from Levi stealing your thunder and mentoring more than you got to today?

With three episodes left until the season finale, things should start ramping up soon, right? Please don't let Galvanax decide to throw everything at the Rangers at the last minute. I know we're all about quick resolutions, Ninja Steel, but finale pacing needs to be, well, paced.
MegaBlue is offline Report Post
Well that's the fun part of world building it actually accomplished with a poor line but a crucial one. Some random kid says "hey Mick has a robot, cool." and that alone creates the frame of reference that this kind of robot isn't that unusual to see if random teenagers think its normal. This is the PRU, robots and hoverboards aren't exactly unusual things apparently. We shouldn't assume something like Redbot would stand out the way it does in our world because this world has had these things before.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/17, 02:13 PM   #7
Inner Senshi
Power Ranger

Its just a kids show. I thought it was a fun filler.
Inner Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/17, 02:15 PM   #8
Diabolico Rising
Ranger In Training

I agree about the moral. It waa pretty tacked on and silly here. Redbot really wasn't doing anything wrong.
Diabolico Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/17, 02:20 PM   #9
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

The episode wasn't the greatest but it waa fine foe what it is. Every episode can't be great. I am just glad we have a series finally worthy of being a spin off to MMPR after all these years. Even if its still not MMPR.I'm going to make thread about this.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/17, 09:37 PM   #10
mbozzo
Power Ranger

This episode is a fair one. It wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either. I can't wait for the next episode.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply