Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/03/16, 11:15 PM   #11
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

Default Re: Another Space Season?

Space did no such thing. Ratings remained consistent with Turbo which stabilized the series. Lost Galaxy's first had had the best ratings ever.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/16, 11:17 PM   #12
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Space and Galaxy were both awesome! And they had great endings. I really loved all the drama. But at the same time there was still the fun we all associate with PR. The series needed something different at the time. Space and Galaxy didn't nothing to damage PR. PR died off for awhile because of the Sentification and the Saban on his way out of television.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/16, 11:20 PM   #13
PRangerX
Administrator

There seems to be a few people out there who try to say C2D is overrated. A lot of times they are people who saw it after the fact and don't quite grasp what it meant at the time. The episode still holds up well for me.

Space and Lost Galaxy were tremendously fun times for the show. I wouldn't give them up for anything. Space also tied up most of the loose ends of the first six seasons. Galaxy was amazing in its second half. Its a shame ratings went down. But that was more due to lack of promotion and Digimon.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/16, 11:21 PM   #14
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Agreed, these are the two best seasons. Actually calling "Countdown" and "Journey's End" overrated is just crazy. They are some of the best episodes the show has ever produced. The show will never come close with the current crappy writing. I would like another Space Season. But I don't think they'd get it right. Last time it looked like we were finally getting another one we got SPD. Not only was it not a Space Season. It just plain sucked!
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/16, 11:32 PM   #15
No Pink Angel
Putty Patroller

I didn't like the Space Finale because they tried to do a big movie budget for TV and failed. Power Rangers can't be like that. The whole thing just felt forced and had way too much going on.

Killing off Zordon was terrible. He was the life of the show. Its like killing off Optimus Prime without bringing him back. The Astronema/Andros stuff was just so played out. It was unbelievable that Karone could come back to life like that. Plus the whole death scene never should have been part of the show anyway.

The whole notion of Zordon's Wave destroying everything made no sense. I hated seeing all those villains washed away. It came back to bite them with Rita in MF. Which was a show that at least felt like PR. Space didn't.

I don't get why people loved this episode so much. The Zeo Finale was so much better. People just don't like it because of the plot holes in Turbo.
No Pink Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/16, 11:33 PM   #16
Kimmy Repulsa
Ranger In Training

I didn't like the whole Zordon thing either. It was just way too easy. I would rather still have Zordon around too. A lot of Countdown did feel rushed. I didn't totally hate it though. Space was ok, not the be all and end all of PR. I don't think its anything close to the worst season. Far from it. Galaxy was just boring at times. At least it got more interesting in the second half.
Kimmy Repulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/16, 11:36 PM   #17
Space Nerd
Comic Relief

Karone was brought back to life by latent energies of Zordon's Wave interacting with Andros' love. Zordon's had tremendous power so him using it to defeat all the evil made sense. Its not something he would do lightly. Since it could only be done once. It would not only cost him his life but would prevent it from being there for another said invasion.
Space Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/16, 11:26 AM   #18
Time Force Traitor
Ranger In Training

I would love another season with the tone of Space and Galaxy. Kinda like Time Force and most of RPM.
Time Force Traitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply