Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/30/16, 11:33 AM   #11
A Gia To Remember
Power Ranger

Default Re: RPM being in an alternate dimension

Maybe Mack wound up in the RPM world at some point and got captured by Alphabet Soup? I assume he escaped and left his helmet.
A Gia To Remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/16, 11:34 AM   #12
Green With Envy
Power Ranger

I think its an AU. But not the type of AU that has Dopplegangers.
Green With Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/16, 07:47 PM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
That wouldn't be good no. But it seems like Eddie actually thought of RPM as an au himself. So its not like they were trying to discredit it. Also RPM is still in continuinty because the au exists in the show. As we saw in the team up with Samurai. I don't think we will see too many seasons lime RPM as Aus. Unless there premisis contradicts existing canon or has a world destorying event.
yea that is what Eddie had originally envisioned but whatever he had envisioned did not matter once he was fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
RPM is very overrated! Eddie tried to do way too much and got himself in trouble production wise. He was in way over his head. Some of the early episodes were ok but at times didn't feel like Power Rangers. His ideas for the end were just really soul destroying. " Ranger Black" would have tarnished the brand. Judd Lynn had to come in to clean up Eddie's mess. Than at least the show felt like PR again. The damage was already done. RPM was so contrary to the franchise they had to make it an au.
I disagree with RPM being overrated it's a great season but I do admit that he had no clue what he was getting himself into but the whole production thing is overstated since he only had a minor issue with being slow with scripts that was his only issue and he had promised Disney that it would't happen again which originally they were fine with but then they had went back on their word.
A lot of his ideas were awesome regardless of whether it would have fit with previous seasons or not however I for one wouldn't have been a fan of his Ranger Black thing.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/16, 09:44 PM   #14
PRangerX
Administrator

I just think it made sense to have RPM being an AU. The idea of a post-apocalyptic world close to our timeline doesn't jive with a show that starts over with a new team every year . I am fine with doing it once in awhie. RPM being an AU is original. Most less predicatable than saying RPM is in the future.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/16, 09:45 PM   #15
VR Master
Power Ranger

I am fine with it too as a one time thing.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/16, 09:46 PM   #16
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I think every season post MMPR is an AU.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/16, 09:50 PM   #17
Rangerlord
Power Ranger

Its unacceptable for any season to be an AU. Its bad enough the first and new movies are AUs.
Rangerlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/16, 09:56 PM   #18
Power Rangers Forever
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
Fourth of all there's no way someone like Dr. K would be able to create any kind of Ranger technology without knowing someone who had the knowledge of doing so. Most man-made teams in the main universe have the assisted excuse of possibly getting info from a previous Ranger or one of their aides or even reverse engineering something from one of the previous teams yet Dr. K does not have this excuse.
They explained that the Alphabet Soup research group discovered an energy field that was supposed to be the Morphing Grid.
Power Rangers Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/16, 11:36 PM   #19
Tommy Angel
Ranger In Training

I hated RPM being a au. But I thought the series was way too dark and serious anyway. It didn't even feel like Power Rangers. It did improve in the second half. But the best part of RPM was Gem and Gemma.

Last edited by Tommy Angel; 10/24/16 at 10:32 PM.
Tommy Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/16, 02:09 AM   #20
animefan36
Putty Patroller

I had no problem with RPM being in an alternate dimension. If comic books can do alternate dimension stories, why should Power Rangers be excluded from that?

Goldar's Revenge: Eddie was willing to take a risk and not limit himself to the sentai, resulting in a classic series. Tzachor, in terms of Samurai and Megaforce, did the opposite and came up with a knockoff(Samurai) and a total flop (Megaforce).
animefan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply