Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

View Poll Results: Power Rangers Online VBullitin
Sure, Vbullitin Rocks 6 75.00%
No, things are fine they way they are. 1 12.50%
I'd rather go to another type of forum 0 0%
Doesn't matter 0 0%
Not sure 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/23/02, 02:11 AM   #31
Windgrail2
Ranger In Training

ok- let's pick out one tiny part of my post and ignore the actual message. That's becoming typical with you, CML.
Windgrail2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/02, 07:12 AM   #32
Cross My Line
Power Ranger

I'm sorry. I didn't know I had to do a reply, and state answers or my own opinions to each and everyone of your points. :rolleyes
Cross My Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/02, 09:56 PM   #33
MiChaos
Power Ranger

Yeah, but Windgrail, lets look at some US episodes, like Changing of the Zords or maybe Chase into Space - US plotlines at their best. Did you remember the feeling you had inaide you when Lord Zedd said the immortal words "Teleport me to your Command Center and i will tell you in person" - with the good old musical cues in the background you were pleading Zordon not to teleport him in; or the feeling of seeing the ranger series linked together so superbly; or what about in Good as Gold when the Rangers grew and seeing them fight...anyway I digress. I believe, very strongly, that Power Rangers can succeed as well, if not better, without all but the basics of Sentai...not just the product quality is better, but so is the filming, musical and sound quality.

Needless to say, I do not like the new format of PR.
MiChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/02, 08:44 AM   #34
Cross My Line
Power Ranger

Preach on my brother. TESTIFY!!!
Old 03/24/02, 10:02 PM   #35
Windgrail2
Ranger In Training

Oh no- you're forming a UNION!! But I agree with BOTH of ya about American footage providing fantastic memories. But what about the feeling when the evil Green Ranger grew along with Scorpina and Goldar to battle the Megazord at half-solar power, then the Megazord being "destroyed" and falling into the lava pit? The Rangers then looking down helplessly as each Zord sinks into oblivion. What about the Zords themselves? The transformation sequences of the original 3 Zords was superb. When America brought back Titanis for the Ninja and Shogun zords, the ultrazord sequences were craptacular. But hey, that was in the past right? In the beggining, PR needed Sentai. They have great chances of surviving without it today, but it's very risky.
Sentai gives PR a unique edge that no other tv show has, imo.
Windgrail2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/02, 10:14 PM   #36
Cross My Line
Power Ranger

a Union? No. Two people sharing the same opinion? Yes. Stop being so silly:b

And yes, the zord battle you mentioned was indeed good and memorable, but I doubt it would have been, had it not been for the little skits between Tommy, Jason and Goldar in Rita's dark dimension. All of which was American footage.
Old 03/25/02, 07:07 AM   #37
go galactic
Power Ranger

my vote goes to the zipper obssesed villamax standing up to trakeena
go galactic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/25/02, 04:13 PM   #38
Cross My Line
Power Ranger

Villamax could have been so much more........ it was a shame really how they wasted him. They were just trying to do another Ecliptor IMO.
Old 03/25/02, 05:58 PM   #39
go galactic
Power Ranger

an ecliptor made from zippers
go galactic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/25/02, 08:16 PM   #40
MiChaos
Power Ranger

I will admit that Sentai gives PR a feel to it, and as I said earlier, I know PR needs Sentai...just not in the huge amounts of we are getting in PR at the moment. I think Power Rangers worked better in the "Zordon Era" of Power Rangers than the "Sentai Era". I loved the series crossovers, namely Hogday Afternoon ~ A Zeo Beginning and Chase into Space ~ From out of Nowhere - these crossovers gives Power Rangers a feeling that Sentai lacks...such as Elgar surviving into PRIS and Goldar being in Series 3 battles (namely the one against Ninjor in Changing of the Zords. This continuation is what defined PR...now its gone. That is the point I wanted to make to you, Windgrail.
MiChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply