Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/12/16, 10:37 PM   #11
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Default Re: Did Lightspeed have Ranger tech before Zordon?

You guys would be so much better off if you just did what we Sentai fans do. Every season is basically its own series with no real continuity. The team ups almost don't count. Its much easier that way. LR had a completely different origin. The show started to go more sentai , which I liked. But I wish they kept the family angle like the Sentai.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/16, 10:11 PM   #12
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

They clearly had something in the works. Probably didn't become a PR project until after Space.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/16, 07:52 PM   #13
Call Titanus
Comic Relief

There were no Ranger teams on Earth until MMPR.
Call Titanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/16, 07:57 PM   #14
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

The Samurai Rangers exisited for 18 generations and predate MMPR. Its interesting how othher series seemed to never have the ancient worriers actually be Rangers. Like in Wild Force. I guess Udonna is an exception but we don't know when she got her Ranger Powers.
Old 09/17/16, 01:29 PM   #15
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever View Post
You guys would be so much better off if you just did what we Sentai fans do. Every season is basically its own series with no real continuity. The team ups almost don't count. Its much easier that way. LR had a completely different origin. The show started to go more sentai , which I liked. But I wish they kept the family angle like the Sentai.
while it would make things easier continuity-wise I wouldn't say we would be better off for it I'd say that would be one of the worse ideas that anyone could come up with for a Power Rangers series. The angle in Lightspeed Rescue with most of the team not being family was fine since it opened up more possibilities unless of Captain Mitchell just playing favorites and picking his whole family to be Rangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Titanus View Post
There were no Ranger teams on Earth until MMPR.
that's what we had originally thought but both MMPR and Samurai have both proven that to be incorrect.

We had the Wild West Rangers that Kimberly had discovered in Season 2 and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
The Samurai Rangers exisited for 18 generations and predate MMPR. Its interesting how othher series seemed to never have the ancient worriers actually be Rangers. Like in Wild Force. I guess Udonna is an exception but we don't know when she got her Ranger Powers
as this user points out we have the Samurai Rangers as well since it was explicitly stated that Jayden was the 18th Red Ranger (technically Red Samurai Ranger) even though that title really should belong to Lauren.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/16, 04:33 PM   #16
Delta Black
Power Ranger

I hated when Samurai did that. They should have just kept the ancient Rangers as ancient worriers. Just like they did in earlier seasons like Wild Force and Mystic Force.
Delta Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/16, 04:34 PM   #17
Green With Envy
Power Ranger

I actually thought it was odd that the ancient Animarium Worriers weren't Rangers. And felt the same way with the Mystic Worriers.
Green With Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/16, 07:27 PM   #18
Power Sentai
Ranger In Training

Daggeron already had Ranger Powers in the past though. So at least some of the Mystic Worriers had a connection to the grid. I perfer that they didn't though.
Power Sentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/16, 10:25 PM   #19
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Zordon had a lot of black ops operations he worked on secretly through his proxy';s. Just like he had a connection with NASADA and the black box. Lightspeed was one of those connections. The Ranger program no doubt started thanks to him. Mitchell probably knew Zordon personally.

I could see Zordon teleporting Mitchell and Dana to the Command Center after the terrible clash. With Zordon filling Michell in on Dolibolico's background so he could become a key component in getting the Lightspeed Project going. Mitchell than created Lightspeed with his superiors, at least some of which were part of Zordon's network. After Zordon's death Project Lightspeed continued. Mitchell prepared Dana to be a future Ranger from the day they got summoned to the Command Center.
Old 09/19/16, 10:27 PM   #20
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Sentai View Post
Daggeron already had Ranger Powers in the past though. So at least some of the Mystic Worriers had a connection to the grid. I perfer that they didn't though.
Solaris Knight wasn't a Power Ranger and wasn't likely connected to the grid.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply