Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/06/12, 03:17 AM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default What villains should have been rightfully destroyed?

Now this is a topic that I recently came across on another board but it doesn't just have to do with the villains among Dark Specter's United Allience of Evil. It can be any of the villains as long as they were shown in an actual Power Rangers episode or in the Turbo movie.

Now the question is, who should rightfully have been destroyed?

I never really got why Rita and Zedd were purified by Zordon's energy wave. There was never any indication as to them even being good before much less them ever being human so I do feel they should have been destroyed.

In the case of Divatox and Astronema/Karone, we can let it slide with Karone because she was born to be good, not bad. However in the case of Divatox? It's tough to tell. All we can gather due to what was implied is that Dimitria and Divatox are twin sisters yet does that mean Divatox was born to be good but drifted off into evil? It's hard to tell because we were never told anything about her history.

Ecliptor? Now for all purposes he was built to be evil so he should have been destroyed for that however... he showed love towards Astronema so it makes me wonder if it was actually right for Zordon's wave to basically murder him.

Frax definitely didn't deserve to die. He was in the middle of turning good and then Ransik has Frax's own robots re-program him into a mindless being so that he would pilot his own robotic creation and therefore perish once the robot got destroyed.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/08/12, 12:53 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Re: What villains should have been rightfully destroyed?

Rita was raised by Master Vile. She was destined to become evil. Rita once complained that she didn't have a regular childhood in a first season episode. Zedd's back story was never told. We don't know if he was always evil. Frax's robotic body may have been destroyed, but we don't know if his brain was saved or not. only a future episode or movie can tell us that.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/08/12, 01:07 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

It's unlikely Frax survived considering he constructed the Frax body in order to save his human self. Frax basically said that he was nearly dying as Ferricks after Ransik had attacked his lab and that he would have been dead if he didn't construct himself in the Frax body.
Old 05/08/12, 01:57 PM   #4
BatZilla98
Putty Patroller

I always hated that Elgar wasn't killed. I liked the moment when he was thrown into the lava pit. Kinda gets ruined when he just pops back up in the show.
BatZilla98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/08/12, 01:59 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Actually Elgar was killed as part of the Zordon-wave.

Also no being was killed when it went into Maligore's volcano except for Divatox's pet lizard apparently. Jason and Kimberly weren't killed at all, they were just turned evil.

Last edited by MattEmily; 05/08/12 at 03:31 PM.
Post New ThreadReply