View Single Post
Old 02/27/15, 11:11 PM   #105
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was weird.

I liked the idea behind the ghost biker as well as the twist that he was really a good guy, and the implication that he was a creation of Ryan's father.

I'm just not sure I liked how they executed it since the Metalder footage they used was just footage of one of Metalder's human friends Hakko who happened to be a dirt biker, and not only that but it was all stuff that could have been taken out, and just left the stuff with Renegade.

Not only that but there's a later episode Message From Space where they also used footage of Hakko but had him be JB.

I do wonder if this whole thing started out as an attempt to tease a potential extra Trooper or at least ally by adapting another Metal Hero show.

Or an early idea to make the Defending Dark Heart storyline like the Top Gunder arc with parts one, and two being their own two parter in the middle of Season one, then an episode like this, and brief appearances in other episodes, and then have another two parter at the end of Season One that would have been parts three, and four.

It also bugged me that they couldn't find anything for JB, and Kaitlin to do.

I also thought they could have cut back on some of the parts in the other dimension, and just cut through it.

I did like the fight scenes, and I liked Renegade's winged serpent head.

In fact it once again reminded me of how I like how this show takes things from the Metal Hero shows, and changes them.

In this case what happened was in the Metalder episode this was based on this was actually the first appearance of Renegade's Japanese counterpart, and the parts where he just had a regular head where actually from later appearances.

But here they switched it around.

Also I can't really think of anything they took out that I would have left in.

Tune in next time everyone for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.

Last edited by Zabitan; 02/27/15 at 11:57 PM.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote