View Single Post
Old 02/27/17, 09:26 PM   #9
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

Default Re: Why does PR have such a stigma to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Funny story , members of my family thought that it was weird that I still watched Power Rangers...Were known to watch Disney cartoon movies themselves....And didn't understand why that wasn't much different....Even when Disney owned PR! lol

I do think the stigma has a lot to do with the age difference between 80s kids and millennial s.. But I do think PR nostalgia is more cool than it was ten years ago. I gave had friends reminisce over the old series in a way that wasn't condescending at all. Plus parents are rediscovering the show through their own kids. We even get a lot of PR updates on science fiction sites, that never happened in the early 2001.

I think as we go on the stigma won't quite be so strong. At some point pr fans will be as old as the first transformers fans are now. And really the early fans are already adults too.
That is pretty silly. Especially since Disney did such a great job on their seasons, just like their movies. The rest of the season isn't at that level. Save for MMPR of course.
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote