View Single Post
Old 08/14/15, 08:08 PM   #2
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321
Default Re: Countdown to Destruction (1st Draft script)

]That would have been a series change in general, not just countdown to destruction. We know a lot of things got scrapped for budget and because they got a last second renewal and decided not to blow out the budget because they now had jobs the following year. But I had not heard about the Dark Specter as Goldgoyle .

This is one that has been talked about before, that the other rangers had more to do and more fight scenes. Including a revisit to Justin and the Zeo Rangers in battle on Earth. Ultimately that was squashed for budget and scheduling, though it's possible they would have just been suit only appearances. I think seeing everyone together again would have been cool, but diminished this team's final victory because they were the ones given the reigns in the end and already lost the first time, showing them win on their own made them look worthy of the roles.

Never heard that one. I'm betting if this was ever planned they scrapped it just to keep Zordon as a mentor figure. Imagine finally showing Zordon with a body and he shows he's been able to fight the biggest bad all on his own this whole time. It'd be a cool scene but the afterthought becomes "Why did he need Power Rangers anymore then?" I personally like the idea Eltarians are just floating heads though.

I remember snippets of the idea they'd use the Delta Megazord space station as a base instead of the astro megazord's shipmode as base, but thought they had always locked down the idea the command center had to be destroyed.

There would have been a Phantom Ranger identity, but that wouldn't have been a C2D reveal. There was also talk of the original team being in the crowd when the Space Rangers revealed themselves because they didn't have powers to help out.

Yeah, because at the time of Turbo they thought they were entering he final season and were planning to go all out early on as a result. They supposedly had a plan for PRIS before the original cast decided to leave in the middle of the season. I recall hearing something about the Turbo team would have graduated high school in the actual season finale and gone into space replacing Justin still but the Andros newcomer character wouldn't have been Red. It was just a rough outline not a full series bible yet, regardless.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote