View Single Post
Old 12/11/14, 07:03 PM   #15
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

Default Re: Power Rangers Legacy

Chapter 15: Always A Ranger

"We've succeeded in acquiring our second phase of materials for the project." a Nokbot said to Zachex, who waved the robot away while turning to Luven. "Our time to strike at the Rangers is upon us. Black Phantom is ready?" "The augmentations haven't been fully tested, but they will suffice," Luven said hitting a few buttons on a console, Black Phantom Ranger's tube opening up to reveal the clone was outfitted with an outer silver armor, its body glowing a dark black, laughing.

At the Garage, the team was standing around Jake and Eve at a round table, a small cake in front of them with two candles lit. "In honor of you two being reunited for two months,and to celebrate our time together as a team, we have a gift." T.K said, pulling out a black and gray box, sliding it toward them. Glancing to her brother, Eve opened the box and saw two new leather jackets for them, one saying 'Family', the other saying 'Peace.'

"They're beautiful! What do the back words mean?" Eve asked, trying on the second one. "They have two meanings. Family is for you two becoming one again. It also stands for us as a team becoming our own family." said Vanessa. "Peace has the meaning of us protecting the planet, as well as you finding your own after everything that's happened." Jerome spoke up, with Jake trying on the other jacket. "Thank you, everyone." he said, hugging everyone in a big group hug when the alarms started to go off. T.K ran over to her desk and brought up the video feed showing Black Phantom Ranger destroying a train station.

"There are people trapped in that station, they need your help!" she said urgently. "Wait, is that armor its wearing?" Zeke inquired, head tilted. "Armor or not, we have a job to do." spoke Diane, the Rangers lining up and holding up their Morphers. "Ready?" Jerome asked, the six them answering "Ready!" "Legacy Power, Activate!" They all yelled together, Morphing into the Legacy, Ghost, and Phantom Legacy Rangers. Getting onto their Legacy Cycles, the seven warriors sped out of the Garage and to the train station.

"Hahahaha! Run little humans, there's nowhere safe for you to hide now!" Black Phantom Ranger howled in laughter, aiming a charged up blast in its hand at a civilian child, when Legacy Red jumped in front of the child, holding up his sword to block the blast, struggling to keep it from sending him back. With a grunt of effort, he swung his sword, sending the blast over him the the child so that it landed in the nearby parking lot, exploding.

"Don't worry, you're safe now. We're going to get you out of here." Legacy Green and Blue lifted some debris off a civilian's legs, tossing it aside and helping them up. "Diane, Eve, go check the other rooms for people!" Red ordered as he, Yellow, and Ghost stood their ground against Black Phantom, Legacy Pink and Phantom Legacy rushing off towards the other rooms of the station.

"You will soon feel the true power of the Black Phantom Ranger! You're first, 'brother!'" The clone ran forward in Ghost Ranger's direction, it's silver armor glowing before striking him full force in the chest with a punch, the ranger flying back and powering down." "Jake!" Red yelled, kneeling beside his friend as Yellow charged at their enemy, trading punches and kicks with Black Phantom, managing to strike it in the side with a snap kick. However, the clone grabbed her leg and, armor glowing once more, sent Yellow rolling back towards Jake with a double kick, she powering down as well.

After getting the civilians to safety, Legacy Blue, Green, Pink and Phantom Legacy ran back to stand beside Red, noticing Jake and Vanessa nearby. "What did you do to my brother?!" Phantom Legacy demanded, starting to charge forward, only for Red to hold her back "That armor its wearing is somehow forcing them to power down. We have to be careful." "Careful? You won't have the chance!" Black Phantom's armor glowed again, running at the Rangers who went on the defense, trying their best to block the clones attacks. However, their enemy managed to hit Green and Blue in chest with a double punch, both of them flying back and powering down besides Jake and Vanessa, grunting.

"You cannot win!" Black Phantom grabbed Legacy Pink's Spark Staff, pulling her closer to land a bicycle kick against her torso, the final kick sending her back and powering her down. Red and Phantom Legacy attacked, with Red powering up his Legacy Saber and going for a thrusting stab while Phantom Legacy slammed her fists into her clones backside to send them into the sword; there was a pause, Red looking up, eyes widening when he saw his opponent had caught the blade, tightening its grip on it until the sword shattered. Black Phantom went on the attack, punching Legacy Red over and over grunting while laughing. To finish the attack, the clone upper-cutted Red and then kicked him back to his comrades.

"Agh!" Jerome cried out in pain, Black Phantom Ranger approaching the downed team, its armor glowing brighter then before. "Now, to finish you!" " I don't think so!" Legacy Phantom yelled as she landed in front of the others, entering her fighting stance. "Once I am rid of you, there will be only one true Phantom Ranger!" "Hyaa!" Phantom Legacy started to attack, only for T.K's voice to stop her. "Eve, stop! I'm teleporting you all back to the Garage now!" All seven warriors vanished from the train station and ended up at the Garage, Eve powering down manually and going to help Vanessa, Spike and Jerome while T.K aided Jake, Diane, and Zeke.

"What happened out there?" T.K asked, helping them sit down in the chairs at the table. "Black Phantom's armor did something to us." Diane said, wincing, "As soon as they made contact, I felt my energy fade almost instantly." Jake spoke, sitting up slowly. "I want to know why we were powered down so easily with one strike." Zeke said, sitting at the computer and bringing up video feed of the last battle, Spike and Vanessa watching it behind him. "Wait, rewind it a little bit.." Vanessa said, Zeke rewinding the video to when she was struck; yellow energy waves had left her body on the moment of impact. "Jerome, try to Morph." said Spike, looking up from the computer. Jerome stood up and spun his watch face, calling out "Legacy Power, Activate!", however instead of transforming, sparks shot out of his Morpher, the others yelping and leaning away.

"I was afraid of this." T.K said, looking from one Ranger to the other. "What?" asked Jerome, looking at his watch. "The armor Black Phantom Ranger was wearing amplified its powers, and was able to sever your ties to the Morphing Grid." "You mean we're powerless?!" Jake asked in shock.

"With the exception of Eve, yes. I can't send you out to fight the Empire's forces without your powers, it would only endanger you." Diane stood up from her chair, fists clenched. "I will fight, even if it means having a ninety-nine percent chance of failure!" "She's right, we're still Power Rangers, even without our powers!" Spike said. "We never give up, no matter what." Vanessa added. Jake smiled to himself, saying, "I knew there was a reason I picked you all to be apart of this." After a moment of thinking, T.K gave them a nod of solidarity, speaking up. "I may know a person who could help you. He created a team of Rangers back in 2007 with his own technology." "Where does he live?" Zeke asked, spinning in the chair to look at her. "San Angeles. Pack your bags, guys, you're going on a trip."

The seven Rangers had traveled to San Angeles by bus for two days, T.K having stayed behind to try and find a way to neutralize Black Phantom's armor. After the bus dropped them off at the bus station, the teenagers made the long trek on foot to the location of T.K's acquaintance. "Whoa, is that a mansion?" asked Zeke, the Rangers spotting the large mansion, starting to run up towards it when a large blast sent them all to the ground.

"You thought you could run from us? You have nowhere to go that is safe!" Black Phantom Ranger walked out of a smokey haze, a group of Nokbots with them. "They actually followed us!?" Vanessa said in slight disbelief, the team standing up, tossing their bags down and getting ready to fight. "You plan to fight without your powers? You're more foolish then I thought!" "Powers or no powers, we'll still fight you to protect our planet!" Jerome declared, the six powerless Rangers running at the Nokbots, Eve Morphing into the Phantom Legacy Ranger and charging Black Phantom Ranger.

"Hya!" "Wachaa!" "Hahaha!" The teenagers attacked the Nokbots with the own personal style of martial arts, calling out kiyahs as they fought. Phantom Legacy and Black Phantom charged one another, with Black Phantom summoning the Stingray Katana, "It has our powers and weapons!?" Spike asked in surprise, the clone going to attack the teenagers before Phantom Legacy hit the button labeled '3' on her Morpher, calling out "Power of Ninjor!" and transforming into the ninja ally of the Mighty Morphin Rangers.

The two slammed blades together, Phantom Ninjor becoming a blur and striking Black Phantom from behind as the last of the Nokbots went down. "Worthless piles of bolts!" Black Phantom growled, holding out their ot her hand to summon the Legacy Red Saber, crossing both blades and sending a lightning blast at the seven warriors, the non-powered six getting blown back, Phantom Ninjor getting the brunt of the attack and falling to her knees, powering down to her base state. "Time to end this.." Black Phantom said, slowly walking up to Phantom Legacy and ready to strike, until a few blasts from a weapon hit it, causing the clone to stumble back.

"You want to fight? Fight us!" said a Red and white clad warrior, joined by a Blue, Black, Yellow, Pink, and Silver warrior standing side by side. "Wait, is that..?" Diane asked, looking at the group standing at the mansion gate. "It is!" Zeke said in amazement. The Red Ranger snapped his fingers, saying "Kick into Overdrive! Red Ranger!" "Kick into Overdrive! Black Ranger!" "Kick into Overdrive! Blue Ranger!" "Kick into Overdrive, Yellow Ranger!" "Kick into Overdrive, Pink Ranger!"

"Kick into Overdrive! Mercury Ranger!" The six rangers called out in unison "Call to adventure! Power Rangers Operation Overdrive!" "More Rangers to deal with?! I'll take you on as well!" Black Phantom Ranger charged up the hill towards the Overdrive Rangers, summoning Legacy Blue's Shot Blaster.

"Vortex Blaster!" Overdrive Blue leaped into the air, firing a burst of air from his weapon to force the attacker back, as Overdrive Pink fired a burst of water from her Drive Geyser. Next Overdrive Black summoned his hammer, slamming it into the ground and sending a small quake at Black Phantom Ranger, yelling "Drive Slammer!" Overdrive Yellow slammed her Drive Claws together, sending powerful rocks at the attacking enemy, with Red and Mercury running up to them with the Drive Detector and Drive Lance to slash at Black Phantom, sending the clone back past the Legacy Rangers onto the ground. "This is not over!" it said, vanishing.

On the Tul'Van ship, Black Phantom Ranger stood before Zachex, who gave a look of approval t his warrior. "You've done well. When next you do battle, I shall join, and it will be their last!"

Slowly standing up, and Eve powering down, the seven rangers grabbed their bags and approached the six warriors, who would power down to their civilian clothing. "You're the Overdrive Rangers?" Zeke asked, trying not to fanboy. "Yup! I'm Mack Hartford, Overdrive Red Ranger. This is Will Aston, Dax Lo, Rose Ortiz Ronny Robinson, and Tyzonn." "It's an honor to meet you!" said Jerome, shaking the other Red Rangers hand. "The honor is ours, how can we help you?" asked Rose, the Overdrive team leading the Legacy team into the mansion. "We're actually here to see Mr. Hartford, our friend said he could help us with our problem." Jake said, entering the house and giving a look around. "Wow, there's a lot of antiques in here, my folks would flip!" Diane said in awe. "What sort of problem do you have?" Tyzonn asked, looking at the team curiously.

"That enemy you helped us with outside? It took our powers away." Spike said, the six of them holding up their Morphers. "We lost our connection to the Grid." said Vanessa, the Overdrive Rangers giving a look of slight fear to one another. "A familiar situation experienced by a new team." said a voice behind the team, Andrew Hartford walking out of his study to greet the team. "T.K phoned ahead and told me to expect your arrival. I'm Andrew Hartford, mentor and creator of the Overdrive Rangers." He shook the hands of the seven warriors. "I'm Jerome Johnson, these are my friends, Zeke Simmons, Diane Pai, Spike Skullovitch, Vanessa Trejo, Jake, and Eve." "I can help repair your connection, but it'll take some time. Spencer, could you please prepare some refreshments for our guests?" Andrew asked the butler who had been packing the bags of the Overdrive Rangers, setting them down on the floor. "Right away, sir."

"So Mack, how come the team's together again? In the Archives it said you all went your separate ways after defeating Flurious." Zeke asked, sitting on the couch with Dax and Mack, Ronny playing a game of pool nearby. "Dad discovered a new artifact that is going to require the Overdrive team. You could think of it as a family reunion." Mack said. "Yeah, a family of different people who fight evil and have powers!" Dax said, laughing. "Dax, that doesn't even make sense!" Ronny called from the game room.

Down in the base area of the Hartford Mansion, Jake, Eve,and Jerome were scanning their Morphers, Andrew standing at a nearby console and typing into it. "Remind me to thank Mr. Park for teaching me about this sort of thing." "Who?" Eve asked, glancing to her brother. "A former Ranger." Jake said, glancing over to the console screen. "Okay, I have some good news, and some very, very bad news." Andrew said, sitting down and bringing over a screen on a desk via a touch pad type interface. Hitting a button, his voice would go into a PA system throughout the house. "Everyone, please come down to the base room, I have something you all need to hear."

With all thirteen Rangers gathered, Andrew took the screen he had created and blew it up for everyone to see. "The good news is, I can re-energize your Morphers with some of my tech, however, it'll be for a very brief time." "Whats the bad news?" Tyzonn asked, eyes glowing in wonder. "The bad news is, T.K sent me some data from the previous battles. The armor that Ranger clone is wearing? It's from a small piece of the Corona Aurora." "Wait a sec, Dad. I thought the Crown of the Gods was sealed away by the Sentinel Knight after we beat Flurious?" Mack said. "It was, however, a small piece of it chipped off during the battle. I am assuming that the enemy our new friends are battling found it and...well." Andrew looked over to the Legacy team, taking a deep breath. "If you want your powers back for good? You have to destroy that armor." Jerome looked to his team members, who nodded at him with determined looks. "We'll do what we can, Mr. Hartford." he said. "We'll back you up! Been a while since we had a good fight." Will proclaimed, the Overdrive Rangers smiling. "Once a Ranger, Always a Ranger." Mack said, placing a hand on Jerome's shoulder. After the Legacy Rangers got their Morphers energized, they began to follow the Overdrive team out, Andrew looking over some more paperwork and calling out "Eve? Could we talk for a moment?" Her friends glanced at her, but she sent them on her way and walked back over to Mr. Hartford, who looked worried.

Outside the Mansion, Black Phantom Ranger appeared along Zachex, the General crossing his six arms over his chest. The two Ranger teams stood side by side. "Okay guys, we have a small window of time to get our powers back. Let's make it count!" Jake said, everyone agreeing.

"Let's do it!" Mack said, spinning his Drive Tracker on his opened palm, his team spinning the wheels of their Trackers along their arm, Tyzonn hitting a button on his own Tracker, all of them yelling "Overdrive, Accelerate!" "Legacy Power, Activate!" The seven Rangers transformed, as did the Overdrive team, all standing side by side. Zachex drew his six broadswords, pointing at the heroes and yelling, "Attack!" as Nokbots appeared, the robots rushing towards the Rangers, the teams bringing out their weapons and charging forward.

Overdrive Blue and Legacy Blue took aim at a small group of Nokbots, blasting them with the Drive Defender and Shot Blaster, knocking a few of them down. Overdrive and Legacy Pink took on another group of Nokbots; Legacy Pink slammed her staff into the ground and used it as a pole, kicking some of the robots away as Overdrive Pink shot the rest of them down with her Drive Geyser. "OO Zip Shooter!" Overdrive Black sent a zip line into a nearby wall, leaping off a higher part of the mansion and flipping into the air, summoning his Drive Slammer and bringing it down on another group of Nokbots. Once airborne, Legacy Green jumped up, and, with quick movements of his Stingray Katana, slashed them into scrap metal. Legacy and Overdrive Yellow double teamed the last group, with both taking turns attacking the robots with both the Drive Claws and the Wolf Fang Daggers, leaping over one another to attack the robots.

"Hyaaaaaaaa!" The two Red Rangers charged at Zachex , Drive Lance and Legacy Saber clutched tightly, the six armed warrior bringing all six sword down to block their attacks, Legacy Red powering up his blade to go for a powered up strike; Zachex used three arms to slash away the sword wave, using his other three to send Overdrive Red skidding back. "Defender Vest!" Overdrive Red called out, summoning the silver vest as well as the Drill Blaster. "Jerome, distract him and I'll go for the shot!" "Right!" Legacy Red acknowledged, charging once more.

Ghost, Phantom Legacy,and Mercury Ranger were doing their best against Black Phantom Ranger, who had summoned the Stingray Katana and Red Legacy Saber, Mercury using his Drive Detector in blast mood to shoot at their opponent, only for it to be reversed at him, sending him flying.

"Jake, your time is almost up, we have to hurry!" "I know!" the sibling Rangers went in for a combo attack; Phantom Legacy going for a drill kick while Ghost used his One Hundred Ghost Strikes at their stomach. Black Phantom's armor glowed brightly, sending the two flying back. "Spiral Shot!" Overdrive Red yelled, only for Zachex to bring all six swords up absorbing the blast into the blades, smirking. "Thanks for the energy, Ranger!"

"Guys, we gotta work together to take out these two! You with me?" asked Legacy Red, who had dove out of the way of Mack's blast, only to see it fail. The Legacy team stood together, calling out "Legacy Battleizer Mode!" The five warriors transformed, all charging at Zachex with a mighty yell, only for the General to concentrate the gathered energy in his sword into a sphere, calling out "Nova Blade!" To the Rangers' horror, the sphere hit them all dead on, powering down both teams, who lay on the ground in pain.

Black Phantom Ranger slammed its fist into Ghosts helmet, sending the Ranger flying back and powering down, his time having run out. "This is too easy!" Black Phantom declared, making its way over to Zachex, who was powering up another Nova Blade. Phantom Legacy stood stock still, flashing back to the conversation she and Andrew had earlier.

"T.K sent me some more info; that clone of yours is more then just a suit and Morpher." "What do you mean, Mr. Hartford?" "Think of it like a coin; You're heads, they are tails. One cant survive without the other due to you both being linked to the Morphing Grid...If Black Phantom falls...So will you." he had said, running his hands through his hair. "I'm sorry, Eve. I wish there was an easier way to say this."

Turning to face her friends, Eve removed her helmet, hair blowing in the wind as she hit the buttons on her Morpher, tossing the helmet to the ground. "Eve, what are you doing?!" Jake asked, getting up and grabbing her arm. "Jake, this is what I have to do. To ensure Earth's survival, your survival, the people of the planet..My friends. This is my redemption..This is my love for you and the Rangers."

Swiftly she punched her older brother in the stomach, causing him to sink to his knees. The other Rangers of both teams stood and headed for her, however she hit the main button on her Morpher, a shield surrounding them all, her battle aura starting to overflow around her body. Turning to face Black Phantom and Zachex, she walked forward, saying "Goodbye, my friends. I'll be with you in the final battle." "EVE! STOP!" Diane screamed as she banged against the shield, Zeke trying his best to punch through it.

The two forces began to approach one another, as Eve walked, memories began to play in her mind. 'You're going with me to the Winter Dance.' 'I got you this flower, I wasn't sure if you'd like it..' 'We're proud to have you on our team, Eve.' 'It means peace; you have found yours.' She began to run, at Black Phantom and Zachex, the three warriors letting out a mighty yell, a tear dripping from her eye when a pulse of black energy shot out in all directions as the forces collided. When the energy faded, colored energies returned to the Rangers' watch Morphers, the shield vanishing.

Jake ran over to where the three collided, Eve was laying on the ground in her gifted jacket, white shirt and blue jeans, her face dirty. "Eve? Eve come on, wake up." he said, cradling her in his arms. Slowly her eyes opened, a soft smile coming across her lips as the others gathered around the siblings. Her voice was barely a whisper, saying "Once a Ranger..Always..A...Ranger.." "No, no no no no no! You cant do this to me! I just got you back into my life!" Jake's voice was low, angry but full of sadness, clutching her tightly. Slowly, his sisters body faded, turning into a sparkling light, her Morpher was all that was left in his hands. Diane crouched beside him, hugging him as Vanessa sobbed into Spike's shoulder, Jerome and Zeke standing beside their allies who silently cried. Jake finally broke down, heavy sobs escaping him as he said in a whisper "Come back..Please come back...COME BACK!!!" he yelling the plead to the sky, clutching her Morpher to his chest.

-To Be Continued-
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote