View Single Post
Old 12/11/14, 07:00 PM   #14
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

Default Re: Power Rangers Legacy

Chapter 14: Mystic Winter

The Blue Bay High Winter Dance had finally arrived, the school was decked out in a lovely white and blue themed decor. Students from all grades were in the gymnasium, while music played from the surround speakers; they were chatting with friends and giving looks around to see others dressed up in suits or dresses.

The doorbell to the Trejo house rang, the front door was opened by Ms. Trejo, who looked Zeke over; the young man was wearing a royal blue suit with his hair combed down instead of the usual spiked look he went for; a pink carnation was pinned to his breast pocket. The mother seemed impressed, until she saw his shoes; he was wearing his tennis shoes, a blush coming to his face. "Buenas noches, ma'am. I'm sorry about my shoes, I couldn't find anything that fit me." Ms. Trejo gave a small chuckle, calling to her daughter. "Vanessa! él está aquí!" "Uno momento!" she called from her room. Vanessa was nervous, but after giving herself one more glance in the mirror, she made her way downstairs, Zeke's jaw nearly dropping from what he saw; The young lady wore a lovely yellow dress, her hair done up in a bun, brown eyes sparkling with the makeup she had applied. Once she reached the bottom of the staircase, she blushed slightly, waving.

"Hola." she said, Zeke having to take a moment to find something to say, "Hi.". The two shared a laugh, linking arm in arm and heading out the door. "Have her back by eleven, young man." Ms. Trejo said behind them, Zeke turning to give her a respectful nod. "Jerome texted me right before I got to your place. He, Lisa Turner, Diane, and Spike are at the school." Zeke said while he and Vanessa made their way to the school. "What about Jake and Eve?" she asked, he shrugging. "Not sure, but he better not chicken out now."

"T.K, are you sure you don't want to go with us?" Jake asked, sliding on a dark gray jacket over his black button up shirt, looking over to his close friend who was setting up a small table with different foods and drinks. "While I appreciate your offer to join in the festivities, I'll have to decline." She paused a moment, opening up a bag and emptying it onto the couch, revealing a few DVDs and boxes of candy. "I'm not a student at your school, nor do I dance well." she said. "Yeah well I had to learn how to dance!" Jake retorted.

"Only because Diane wishes to beat Kathy. But I think a slow dance would work well in your favor." Eve said, coming out of her room in a black dress with white trimming, her hair slightly teased. Seeing Jake fumble with his silver tie, she giggled, walking over to him. "Here..You look handsome, big brother." she spoke while adjusting the tie, he smiling and saying "You look lovely. Spike is gonna flip when he sees you." "Get going you two! You're going to be late if you don't get a move on." "She's right." Eve said, walking over to her Legacy Cycle and climbing onto it, Jake hopping on behind her and putting on a helmet. T.K looked at them in slight horror as Eve revved the bike up, running at them while yelling "You can't just take those for-!" The bike sped off out of the Garage, leaving her behind and finishing "Leisurely rides.."

At the school gym, Jerome, Lisa, Diane and Spike were sitting at a table, drinking glasses of fruit punch when the leader noticed Zeke and Vanessa enter, waving them over. "J-Man, you look stylin!" Zeke said to his friend, who wore a Carmine Red tuxedo. "Hey you two, looking like a cute couple!" Diane said, standing up and hugging her friend, Zeke rubbing his neck when Diane noticed his shoes. "Couldn't find any nice ones?" Jerome asked with a sly grin, Lisa giggling. "Wonder where Eve is.." Spike said, leaning back in his chair in his green suit nervously. "She'll be here, she did kinda force you to be her date after all." Diane said, looking over her own pink and pearl colored dress, gulping. "I just hope Jake likes how I look.."

"So, the humans enjoy dancing?" asked Zachex, watching the school via the main monitor, Luven and Black Phantom Ranger standing beside him. "This is also what they call the Season of Unity. For some reason, Winter causes them all to become more friendly with one another, its supposedly magical." said the scientist. "Magical? Let's show them what the magic of chaos can cause!" the General said, Black Phantom Ranger vanishing down to Earth.

The sound of a bike engine caught the attention of the teenagers, heading to the source of the noise via the back gym door, they would stop once Jake and Eve entered, Diane hugging the younger sister gently before getting Jake into a headlock. "You're late, mister!" "Blame her, she wanted to take the scenic route!" Spike cleared his throat, holding up a white rose to Eve. "I-I didn't know what type of flowers you like and was worried about the color, that you wouldn't-" she put a finger against his lips, taking the flower and placing it into her hair with a smile. "It's beautiful Spike, thank you." The green suited teenager let out a sigh of relief, when an obnoxious voice came up behind them. "About time your date showed up, Pai, I can't wait to show the whole school how pitiful you two are on the dance floor!." Diane marched up to Kathy, still holding Jake in a headlock while glaring at her. "You're going down, you need to learn some humility."

Before the two girls could argue any further, a loud roar went off outside the building. "What was that?!" Lisa asked, the group of teens heading out the back entrance to see some cars lit on fire. "What could have caused this?" asked Vanessa, Spike looking up in the air, pointing. "That." The others looked up to see a blue, red, and gold creature flying about with a purple armored rider atop of it. "Is that a dragon?" Zeke asked in disbelief. "Lisa, go hide!" Jerome told his date, she shaking her head. "What about you?" "We're going to find help, now please get to safety!" After hesitating, she nodded her head and ran back into the gym. The dragon swooped down in the direction of the teens, breathing a jet of fire at them as they dove out of the way.

"Ready?" Jerome asked, holding his Morpher up, Diane glaring at the beast. "Oh yeah, no one ruins my date!" she said as she, Vanessa, Spike, Zeke, Eve, and Jake held up their Morphers, calling out "Legacy Power, Activate!" and Morphing into their respective Ranger outfit. The Dragon came for another attack, the rider leaping off and kneeling in a crouch before the heroes; purple armored and wielding a sword in one hand, a shield in the other. "Rangers, it is time for you to taste defeat at my hands once and for all. The Emperor will bare witness to your destruction!" "It's gotta be Black Phantom Ranger, but who are they fighting as?" asked Phantom Legacy.

"Fireheart, attack!" Fireheart, the Dragon let out a mighty roar, flying towards the Rangers, grabbing Legacy Yellow in one of its mighty claws and taking flying. "Ahhhh! Help me!" she yelled back down at the others. "Vanessa!" Legacy Blue yelled, reaching his hand out towards her. "Fireheart? That's the Dragon of the Mystic Rangers! Then that must be..." Legacy Green looked over at the purple armored warrior, whose shield opened up to reveal a red eye, shooting a blast of energy at the group, sending them flying to the ground. "Gh...Hang on Vanessa! Red Legacy Battleizer!" Legacy Red transformed into his Battilizer armor, sprouting the wings and taking flight after Fireheart. "Koragg, the Knight Wolf, that's who you are!" Legacy Blue declared, getting up along with the others. "Let's Transcend and beat them at their own game!" Legacy Pink said, three Legacy Rangers spinning their watch hands to 10:04, and calling out "Legacy Transcendence!" Only this time...Nothing happened.

"What's going on? Why aren't we Transcending?" Green ask confusedly, Black Phantom Koragg laughing and charging them with a sword attack. "This is too easy! With Fireheart under our control, you'll never be able to win!" Legacy Red chased Fireheart through the air, the beast still clutching Legacy Yellow in its talon. "Phoenix Shot!" Red yelled, firing his arrow attack at the dragon, who let our a roar and released Yellow, who Red caught and flew down to the ground with her, turning back into his base Ranger suit.

"You think it will be that simple? Think again!" Black Phantom Koragg held its hand into the air, Fireheart's neck glowing with a black symbol as it opened its maw, a large fireball, ready to fire it on the rangers, but when it did, a blizzard would begin to swirl around the combatants, shooting up towards the fireball and engulfing it, the fireball turning into a patch of snow on the ground. "What?" asked Black Phantom Koragg, turning to see a female standing on a nearby hill in white robe, with long blonde hair and gray eyes. "You've got nerve posing as the former enemy of the Mystic Rangers. You've even more nerve for kidnapping Fireheart and using him for evil!" the woman leaped down, landing in front of the Rangers, turning to address them.

"If you wish to harness the powers of the Mystic Force, you will aid me in returning Fireheart to the side of good." "Who are you?" asked Legacy Yellow. "My name is Clare Langtree, former apprentice of Udonna, and current White Mystic Ranger." She turned to face Black Phantom, pulling out a wand with a white star on top of it, calling out "Magical Source, Mystic Force!" Clare's body was covered by a seal of magic, transforming into a Power Ranger. "Flurry of snow, White Mystic Ranger!"

"Red, Blue, and Pink, join me in removing the spell from Fireheart! The rest of you, do battle with this imposter." Legacy Red, Blue, and Pink joined White Mystic Ranger's side as Legacy Green, Yellow, Ghost Ranger and Phantom Legacy Ranger charged at Black Phantom Koragg, who summoned a spell circle and, laughing, the four warriors and the enemy would vanish. "They'll be fine as long as they can hold off against him...Now, let us work on Fireheart!"

In the Dark World, the Koragg copy sent another shield blast at Ghost Ranger, who leaped over it to deliver a flying kick, the Black Phantom Koragg bringing the shield up to throw him back. Legacy Green charged forward with his Stingray Katana, bringing it against the sword the Wolf Knight wielded with a loud 'clang!' Phantom Legacy rushed when he was distracted, tackling him from the waist, the two combatants sprawling to the ground.

"Storm of Snow!" White Mystic Ranger called, holding her wand to the sky, dark clouds forming with a blizzard quickly falling from it. Legacy Pink was lifted up by the swirling air and levitated towards Fireheart, who was firing a burst of flame at Legacy Blue who was taking pot shots from cover. Landing atop the Dragon, Pink held up her Spark Staff above her head, the storm clouds sending out a lightning strike that connected with the staff, sending a shock of electricity through the beast, Fireheart letting out a roar of pain. "We've almost got him tired out, Zeke can you get eyes on that spell seal?" asked Legacy Red, Blue setting up his Shot Blaster into Sniper Mode. "I'll see what I can do."

Back in the Dark World, Black Phantom Koragg slammed its shield into Phantom Legacy after getting back up, with Legacy Yellow summoning her Wolf Fang Daggers and rushing forward, the two locking weapons. "We have to get that shield out if its grasp, or else we cant win!" Phantom Legacy said, with Green glancing at Ghost, saying "I may have an idea.." After Koragg Phantom kicked Yellow away and began to charge up another shield blast, it felt a tap to its shoulders. Turning, Ghost Ranger appeared from being invisible, punching the enemy straight in the face, Legacy Green and Yellow grabbing its arm to pry the shield away. "Haaaaaaa! YAHHH!" Phantom Legacy came flying forward with a powered up kick to its chest, sending it flying into a portal, the Rangers returning to their own world.

After another lightning strike hit Fireheart, Legacy Blue fired a sniper shot at the Dragon's neck area, nailing the spell seal and sending the dragon plummeting towards the ground. Once Legacy Pink lost her grasp, White Mystic Ranger created a 'bed' of snow for her to land on, allowing her to gently land on her feet. Fireheart landed with a loud thud, Legacy Red powered up his sword, slashing the seal off of its neck and into thin air. Just as they finished, Black Phantom Koragg and the Rangers came flying out of a black seal, landing nearby. "Guys, you okay?" Blue asked his team, helping Yellow up who hugged him. "It's good to be back, mi amigo!"she said, Red helping up Green, and Pink helping Ghost and Phantom.

Slowly, Fireheart stood proudly before the team, sending out a stream of fire that formed the Seal of Galwit Mysto Ranger. "Congratulations, Rangers. You've released Fireheart from his curse, and have unlocked the powers of the Mystic Force." White Mystic Ranger said. "Let's show that Koragg wanna be how the Rangers use magic!" said Legacy Red, the team spinning their watch hands to 10:04 and calling out "Legacy Transcendence! Magical Source, Mystic Force!" "Power of Wolf Warrior!" yelled out Phantom Legacy, hitting the 14 button on her Morpher. "Fierce as Fire! Red Mystic Ranger!" "Fluid as the Sea! Blue Mystic Ranger!" "Fast like Lightning! Yellow Mystic Ranger!" "Strong as a Tree! Green Mystic Ranger!" "Ever changing as the Wind! Pink Mystic Ranger!" "Power of the Sun! Solaris Knight!" "Burning heart of fire! Wolf Warrior!"

"You may have broken my spell on Fireheart, but you will not beat me!" Black Phantom Koragg yelled, glowing with a black aura, the Legacy Mystic Rangers brought out their Magi Staffs and transformed them. "Attack!" Legacy Mystic Red commanded, the eight Rangers charged at their enemy. Legacy Mystic Red attacked with a Magi Staff Sword, Green brought down his Magi Staff Axe, Yellow firing off a crossbow bolt from her staff. Blue, Pink and White combined their wands to send forward a freezing rain within a tornado blast. Solaris Knight fired off the Laser Lamp multiple times while Legacy Wolf Warrior sent forth a flame from her sword, the attacks hitting Black Phantom Koragg one after the other, sending their enemy flying back and reverting them to their base state. Getting up with a growl, the clone vanished, the seven Rangers reverting to their base states.

"Rangers, you've done well in this battle. I am proud that you are protecting this planet with honor. You are more then worthy to harness the Mystic Ranger powers. Come, we shouldn't power down here," said White Mystic Ranger. "How come? Green asked, only to turn around and see all the students at the Winter Dance had witnessed the battle through the windows of the gym, clapping and cheering for their heroes, Lisa standing at the back door with a small group, smiling. "Let's go, Rangers!" Legacy Red commanded, the eight of them running up the hills and powering down to their outfits for the dance. "Clare, what happened to Udonna? I thought she was the White Mystic Ranger." Zeke asked in slight confusion. "She passed the wisdom of Magic and her powers onto me after the war against The Master. Currently she is devoting her time to her son, Nick, and husband Leanbow. It was an honor to fight beside you. Please, return to your dance and enjoy the night." Clare said to them, climbing upon Firehearts back and flying off back to Briarwood.

Later at the dance, Diane was standing outside looking somewhat depressed. "Hey." a voice said behind her, she turning to see Jake, hands in his pockets. "I'm sorry your competition with Kathy was ruined." "That doesn't matter now, what matters is the school and students are safe.." "Diane, I know this is going to be weird but, would you like to dance with me?" Jake asked a little awkwardly, the young woman gave a smile. "Out here?" "Sure, why not?". Giving a laugh, the two would partner up with Diane wrapping her arms around the young mans neck, his hands on her waist. Anywhere by Evanescence playing from inside the gym, when suddenly it would suddenly start to snow. "Guess we have Clare's blessing," Diane said jokingly. "Looks like Winter really is here now, huh?" he asked her as they kept moving to the song, Diane leaning up to gently kiss Jake on the lips, his face turning beet red, but slowly returned the gesture.

-To Be Continued-

-In memory of Peta Rutter, the true Mystic Mother-
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote