View Single Post
Old 05/02/18, 08:48 PM   #26
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Hasbro To Aquire Power Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Black View Post
Can't they work with Lionsgate with just PR?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Reborn View Post
Or they could just buy the rights entirely back from Lionsgate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
In theory yes. The trouble is that its hard to get a company to part with ip , even if they don't use it. Plus even if they did they would chwrge a premium.
working with Lionsgate isn't a wise idea for them since they have a movie deal already in place with Paramount so it'd be seen as a violation of that deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Lionsgate is actually for sale. I think it might be a good idea for Hasbro to buy them. That way they have their own studio like Marvel. It would be hard to get transformers back from Paramount. But they could use PR and their other properties. Marvel had to go without Spider-Man, X-Men, and F4 for years.
it being for sale wouldn't really matter much they already have their own studio they just prefer to hand the production stuff over to Paramount.

I think you're confused with the Transformers movies that's just the movie deal they have with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robots In Disguise View Post
This is just ridiculous. I really hoped that Hasbro wasn't dumb enough to waste money on this brand. Hopefully they just bought it to shut it down.
no you're ridiculous and that's the most ridiculous and foolish thing that I've heard from you. Only a complete idiot would pay 500m for a property that they're shutting down which Hasbro is not an idiot nor a complete idiot and they know they'd be dumb to shut it down
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote