View Single Post
Old 09/28/09, 11:18 PM   #13
Tendou
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbil the Sinner View Post
You don't know that and that claim is completely baseless.
Actually I get this notion from movies like Street Fighter, Doom, Super Mario Bros. and pretty much anything done by Uwe Boll pertaining to video games. Each and everyone of these movies suffer from bad plots among other things. Due to the recurring trend in this when it comes to video game movies it is fair to say that the writers can't create a cohesive script. Plus if you look at these movies one problem is that none of them have any movie story worthy material.

Street Fighter is just a bunch of people fighting in the streets. They added in a "story" just for a way for players to progress through the game and ultimately extend replay value.

Doom is another game that has a typical FPS story. Nothing special nor deep nor complex nor anything else about it. Great game though for its time.

I don't think I even need to state the lack of story in Super Mario Bros.

I think these are fair observations based on recurring trends. That is one reason why there is such reluctance in actually creating these movies in Hollywood. We'll have to see how Prince of Persia and God of War do story wise since these seem to be the closest to release.(Prince of Persia is actually underway. Don't know about the status of God of War.)