View Single Post
Old 11/22/11, 10:11 PM   #21
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: The differences between Super Sentai and Power Rangers?

Basically the main difference between Sentai and Power Rangers is that Sentai can be more violent. There are deaths involved. You don't usually see a whole lot of blood in most cases but there are ways around people being killed but typically that's only a case for the Sentai warriors and they never stay alive once they're brought back.

Also there are various seasons in which you may see monsters or even other beings choking 1 of the Sentai warriors who aren't currently transformed whereas with Power Rangers you'll never see any umorphed choking during any episode.

Also Sentai can have monsters that are basically serial killers or mad medical beings. Like for example Medicon, the mutant that damaged Circuit in Time Force? In Sentai, he was actually a scammer/serial killer. Basically he would lie to force his patients to keep on coming back to him in an attempt to charge more money and then he would eventually kill his patient.

Also Sentai doesn't have the same type of continuity like Power Rangers does.

Also I agree with PRangerX in regards to the deaths of Kendrix and Alex. I'm not really sure if Mike was dead or not since it's hard to tell since they never try to make it seem like he died once he came back. With Kendrix and Alex, at least it was a big deal with them to the point that you know that they were dead. Sure, they came back but I would still consider it a death for at least Kendrix and Alex.

Also Sentai doesn't usually repaint monster suits or make hybrids of various monster suits like Power Rangers does. Sometimes they'll make monster suits based on a theme like for example some of the Overdrive Robots (and some of the villains as well) were based on old mecha.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote