View Single Post
Old 11/08/16, 04:21 PM   #8
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321
Default Re: The Rangers Rock Episode Discussion

You know, Sledge has a good point. Why didn't anyone try to fix the ship? Wrench, this one's on you man.

I really like the body language of Sledge, he was always a great costumed character selling his hulking brute nature. But the flashback with the jetpack not working right the first time, was amazing.

Sledge hitting a karaoke bar in Japan seems right.

Hey, an explanation for what Tyler's dad's been doing. He's out looking for the bad guy's ship. That works, it seems to be his only useful trait to go looking for things. I had been wondering why they never tried to find the ship before.

Xenowing doesn't get much screen time, but when he does, he exposits the hell out of a scene.

An eating contest with commentary by Riley and Ivan. Makes sense not to let Riley play, it'd get too intense and become the scene from Stand by Me.

Wow, they went straight to escalation and are willing to send all the zords in to destroy Sledge's ship and the monsters. When given the chance, these guys are way more competent and willing to go on the offensive than most teams have been. The formula usually holds them back and keeps the rangers playing eternal defense. It's not even that much work, but the creativity here shows how much better the writing in Dino Charge is even when it has wackiness filler, they still think out every detail even if it means having to cut out neat ideas like a zord assault on the bad guys for a sneakier, easier to film plan. As a kid I would have asked why not bring all the zords down on the bad guys like that first plan, and would have loved to hear a real reason beyond "no footage" not to do it like we got here.

Beyoncé reference in PR.

Full team unmorphed assault on the bad guys base is pretty damn cool.

I guess D wasn't just a red herring costume after all. Awesome.

Did he say "Kyoryuger" galaxy?

Someone at Bandai is kicking themselves for not having a Zord Builder geode toy.

Heckyl's not quite good, still a little tainted by Snide, I really enjoy that it wasn't an immediate reversal.

I'm a little disappointed he didn't have a steam punk tent in the woods though.

Keeper in the Megazord is cool but always makes me wonder where they hell he's been most of the series. Like, the following fight, at least some kind of excuse for hiding from the sentai footage.

Does this mean all the Dinosaurs were the warrior spirits when they had the energems and Xenowing made zords out of them? Or did he arrogantly just use his own warrior spirit each time?
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote