View Single Post
Old 01/22/18, 06:50 PM   #5
No More Pink
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Why did they bother replacing Kim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
because they didn't want Kat to continue being evil her actress was hired to replace Amy Jo from the get-go since they knew A.J. was on her way out and they wanted to continue having 6 Rangers regardless of whether of how many zords they had but I disagree about her being uninteresting as a Ranger you're just one of those who hates her because she replaced your precious Kimberly.
I hate Kimberly and was glad to get rid of her. It's very rare that I like any of the Pinks. And even then I wish tney had anlther color. Since I find it insulting that they have to have a token Pink Ranger most seasons.

But I find most of the Pink Rangers to be poorly written stereotypes. Kimberly is at the top of the list for me and my least favorite Ranger. So she has nothing to do with why I don't like Kat.

I actually really liked Kat as the evil spy. It doesn't mean I wanted her to remain a villian forever. I just didn't like her character when they made her Pink. She just became this weak character that only existed to be Tommy's new love interest. She lost a lot of the spunk she had before.

I would have just wrote her off once her villain arch was done. No replacement for Kim was needed. Worry about a Pink for Zeo then. Its shame Ohranger Yellow wasn't gender neutral like Zyuranger Yellow. Its stupid that Toei puts skirts on characters that are female anyway.
No More Pink is offline   Reply With Quote