View Single Post
Old 10/29/17, 05:20 PM   #4
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321
Default Re: Abrakadanger Episode Discussion

Calling Preston "Pres" sounds like "Prez" and makes me think of the Prez comics.

An episode where Hayley carries the Victor/Monty story? This could cause the universe to implode.

Mick forcing Preston to pay attention was hilarious.

Remember when people were whining that they'd never bring up Preston's magic again? I just can't get over how angry people were in the beginning about this.

So Monty built a robot arm or it was available to purchase. I think we can just assume the PRU is a little more advanced than our world from now on. Hoverboards, robots, cyborg arms, no one blinks twice at these things in regular life, so this world has to be a little more advanced then we are. Not seeing others use them doesn't really interfere with that idea either, we just don't see others use basic things in general.

Did the sentai not use Gold that often? I do like the idea of needing to ride the zords back though. That's kind of an interesting visual.

She's not even on camera and still Hayley is carrying everyone else in this episode, save Mick. With his awesome mentoring again.

I like the way they have shared the focus this episode. It feels natural and like neither is getting the shaft of story and development as it progresses. Both help move their individual stories forward without losing any pacing or flow. It's very well done. Even with chunky school scenes and sentai footage that doesn't really support the stories, it still works.

It's kind of smart to use the overuse of red as the star footage as a weapon power up and just leave it at that. If there is one consistent weakness of this series, its that they're beholden to overusing red even in zord cockpit footage. They just don't seem to want to shoot anyone else using the chainsaw sword final attack. Red really sucks this series but everyone else is carrying him as really interesting characters and actors so far. Ideally they will fix this at some point, but interestingly enough Brody's gotten the least focus so far.

Is the implication supposed to be Victor cheated for all his trophies and didn't get caught before? Especially since he never wins when things are in a fair playing field?
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote