View Single Post
Old 01/07/15, 11:36 PM   #17
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Final Thoughts

This episode was okay it wasn’t the worst ever but it was the worst of the ones I have reviewed so far.

I mostly blame it on the fact that it’s a damsel in distress episode especially since they usually trout out Kaitlin as this tough tomboyish woman of the 90’s who can do anything the boys can.

I get that in Spielban Diana was more of a sexy sidekick who didn’t even have a finisher, and sometimes they didn’t have footage but they still had vehicle battles, and Battle Grid mode.

Which remimds me that this episode brings up my one real pet peeve with the Battle Grid concept which is that the Battle Grid fight seems tacked on as an afterthought because they needed to pad the runtime or because Sarah Brown wanted at least one transformed fight this episode.

I wouldn’t care if they either saved the Battle Grid fight for another episode, and had Kaitlin win or at least actually showed her being defeated instead of just cutting off.

What also bugs me is that in the Spielban episode they used Diana had a tank battle with Deathzero (Ivar), and was even the one who hurt the monster enough for Spielban to beat it.

Plus considering over half the monster fight from Spielban was cut for this episode it makes me wonder why not just use a different Spielban episode.

Also I didn’t like the parts with Air Striker or the constant cutting back, and forth.

Not much to say on the Metalder front since the only things they left out where part of the Topgunder arc which we’ll see in Defending Dark Hart.

I did like the comedy bits with Woody, and Jeb, and aside from the editing I did like the fight scenes.

Do I think I could have done a better job than Robert Hughes or Debra Spelling? Probably not but maybe a better job than Terry Chiappe, Shawn Paper, Matthew Silver, and David P. Frediani.

Tune in next time everyone for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews,
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote