View Single Post
Old 03/20/11, 03:37 PM   #3
TaJaDoru
Comic Relief

Default RE: Power Rangers Galaxy Striders

Last time on Power Rangers: GALAXY STRIDERS...

"Sir, the object is coming in faster than we anticipated, and gaining speed. It'll reach the colony in less than 20 minutes."

"Let's not leave anything to chance. We need the Rangers.”

--------------------------------------------

"I WANTED TO LEVEL THIS PLANET IN ONE FELL SWOOP!" Shouted out an infernal figure, his body glowing a brilliant red. He was the epitome of what some would call devilish. His entire appearance, from his bloody-armor to his four glowing golden eyes, seemed to suck the life straight out of the lake.

"Are you the one who's doing all this?” The amazon woman, when she answered, spoke in a different tongue than either person knew.

"Tey. Voy tyug fra hnikam tiht uenalp zrc." Kai had a weird mix of remembrance and confusion.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH HHHH ! YOOOOOOUUU INNNNNSOLEEEENT CURRRRR!" He backed away from the red ranger. There was a singed wound in his skin from the impact of the sabre. He clutched it and pointed to him. "I won't forget this...never." He disappeared in the same bloody flames he appeared in. Leo, glad that he was able to inflict a fatal wound, dropped his sabre which broke into pieces as it hit the floor. He himself fell, flashing in a white light as he disappeared.

From the broken and shattered sabers, five lights, similar to their owners' ranger colors, shot out of the remains. All the way into the atmosphere they flew until they streaked down at breakneck speeds. They raced back down into the city of River End, breaking up to scatter...

Meanwhile, just outside the planet's orbit, there was a sparkling crystalline star. It was radiating brilliance, but it was cool to the touch. The surface was of such quality that it could have been compared to the most valuable diamonds. Inside the star was a hollow cave. It was massive in and of its own right. In the main chamber, however, there were five pods. Each of them housed a different Galaxy ranger... Leo, Kendrix, Kai, Damon and Maya. They were resting peacefully in these pods. Overlooking them was a woman with pale skin who shone almost as brilliantly as the star itself. She was wrapped in various white fabrics, satin and silk among them. She turned from her charges to the big screen that over looked Miranoi and spoke softly, "At long last...the seal has been broken. The war will now enter its second act...and this time...it'll have a conclusion."

Episode 2-The Stars Have It

Plumes of white smoke rose from the scorched earth like the living dead as the surrounding landscape near the lake reflected the intensity of the battle that had taken place just moments ago. Broken trees and shattered stones littered the battle-scarred field as two lone figures slowly surveyed the area. The younger of the two scanned the area until they fell upon the remnants of five golden-winged sword hilts. They were the Quasar Sabers his little brother, Leo, and the other Galaxy Rangers used to defend both their manmade world of Terra Venture and their adopted world of Miranoi from Trakeena and her forces. The young officer picked up the hilt that he first removed from the sacred stone and then handed to his brother later on and fell to his knees. His training kept him from expressing his full sorrow, but one lone tear still managed to run down his cheek as he tightly gripped the broken sword in his hand. The elder officer also had deep remorse for the team he was so proud to mentor during their interstellar journey and showed it the best way he knew how-by giving a heartfelt salute to honor the quintet of fallen heroes. After saying a silent prayer, he looked down at the soldier in blue and placed his hand on his shoulder.

“They fought their hardest for Miranoi, Mike.” Commander Stanton began as he kept his voice from breaking. “They left this world heroes.”

He just couldn’t find it in his heart to use the word “die” in front of Mike. Mostly because it would mean that the Commander of Terra Venture would have to force himself to come to grips with the fact that Leo, Maya, Kendrix, Kai and Damon were gone.

“I know, Commander.” Mike whispered. “I just can’t believe...that...”

Mike and the Commander witnessed the battle with Reapus on screen back at the Command Tower and Mike’s screams when he saw his brother and friends cut down by the new threat seemed to echo throughout the building.

“Even with the Lights of Orion...they still couldn’t beat him.” Mike said in a shaky voice. “How are we supposed to defeat this new guy without the Quasar Sabers?”

“We’ll find a way. You brother would want us to keep fighting.” Commander Stanton reassured. “Right now...we need to head back to base so that we can explore what options we have available to us. We must keep busy otherwise grief will overtake us. Also, we still have the matter of the construction sabotage...and that mysterious woman to tend to.”

“I’ll try to question her, sir. But with the language barrier, that’s gonna be a tall order.” Mike replied with a slight cringe.

As Commander Stanton and Mike woefully walked back to the city of River End, a not-so-triumphant return was going on beneath the surface of the lake as a semi-cleaved Reapus staggered onto his ship.

“Lord Reapus! You have returned!” Kalamax exclaimed happily as he rushed to his master. Unfortunately, Reapus was in no mood for a hero’s welcome an unceremoniously shoved Kalamax to the side as he took his throne. “F-f-forgive me, Master. I was just glad you survived. So, that power. Was it, indeed, Orion?”

“It was his power, yes. But his physical form was nowhere to be found.” Reapus groaned in pain. “As I thought, Orion is gone for good. Now that I have destroyed those bothersome rangers, his power they wielded has been destroyed as well!”

Crescenda played her shamisen with the grace of a geisha as she looked upon her master.

“But what about your wounds?” She asked with concern.

“Unfortunately, I must remain here until they heal.” Reapus lamented as Kalamax handed him his cherished red bowl filled with sake. “But in the meantime, Dualash can continue where I left off.”

As if on cue, the multicolored creature in question walked in as if he had accomplished what Lord Reapus, himself, had set out to do. Seeing his minion walk in with such a proud expression angered the devilish lord.

“And continue, I shall.” Dualash promised. “Miranoi won’t know what hit it.”

“Don’t come in here with that smug look!” Reapus roared causing the vessel to shake. “If it had not been for your show of cowardice in front of the rangers, I wouldn’t have needed to step in and take such a beating! As it is, I’m confined to this ship until I completely heal.”

Dualash’s second mouth which rested on his lower half seemed to give a slight smirk as he rested his sword on his shoulder.

“I shall not fail you, Lord Reapus.” He replied with a bow. He was about to turn to leave when Reapus grabbed him by his throat and brought him to within a few inches of his face. He could smell the noxious fumes his breath emitted as his multitude of eyes glowed an eerie yellow.

“For your sake, Dualash...you better not.” He growled loudly. “I made a great sacrifice for you to aid in your success today. Don’t make me regret my decision.”

Though his face was unable to display his fear, his posture was more than capable as he shivered.

“Of course, my lord. I’ll destroy this planet in your honor!” Dualash shouted as if he was already victorious.

“Then go forth and wreak havoc!” Reapus ordered.

With a regal bow, Dualash exited the throne room and off of the submerged ship towards the surface of the lake.

Back at the Command Tower, a different kind of battle was shaping up as Mike entered the interrogation room. The guard who was stationed at the door whispered to the Terra Venture officer.

“She’s a tough nut to crack, sir. She keeps spouting that weird gibberish.” The guard said to Mike in a hushed voice.

Sitting in a chair across from a small table was the jungle woman who was apprehended earlier. She still donned her primitive attire only this time, she wore a fierce scowl and her eyes held such contempt that her stare could put Medusa to shame. Mike, who was a bit intimidated by her intense glare, summoned up his courage and sat in the other chair to begin his investigation.

“Okay...I guess first thing’s first. Why don’t you tell me your name.” Mike asked as cordially, yet professionally, as possible.

The jungle woman just sat there with folded arms and answered in a low voice.

“Zm Fman ti Jracat.” She answered in her strange tongue.

“Oookay. Let’s try this.” Mike continued with a sigh. “Are you the one causing all the construction sabotage?”

“Tey. Voy ena suoy zhtlif tenihcam fra hnikam tiht uenalp zrc.” She said, repeating her words from when she met Kendrix and Kai.

Hearing her speak in such a strange language made Mike let out a frustrated sigh. It was bad enough that he didn’t understand her, nor she, him, it seemed, but it felt like she had no intention of cooperating. He was about to abandon all hope when...

“Setaw.” The young woman said.

“What?” Mike asked in return.

“Setaw. Setaw!” She repeated with urgency. To make the man in blue understand, she cupper her hands and brought them to her lips as if she was drinking something.

“Oh! You want water!” Mike said as a light bulb turned on. When he saw the girl nodding, he turned to the guard and ordered him to bring a glass of water. A few minutes later, he returned and Mike handed the glass to the jungle woman who looked at it and at him weirdly.

“You know...drink.” Mike said as he made the motion of drinking from a glass since he figured this was the first one the girl had seen.

The woman kept her eyes trained on Mike as she slowly took a sip from the strange clear container. When her cheeks were full, she spat the water right into Mike’s face momentarily blinding him. She, then, grabbed him from across the table and flipped him over her head showing great strength in spite of her petite stature. The guard trained his weapon on the girl, but it was soon proven futile as she spun kicked it right out of his hands. The frustration etched on his face increased as he charged the amazon woman in the hopes of tackling her to the ground. She quickly grabbed him by the shirt and monkey flipped him over her. The momentum caused him to slam in to semi-conscious Mike. Seeing her chance, she took the chair and threw it at the window causing glass to shatter and fall outside. With one last look of contempt, she leapt onto the sill and jumped out to the flagpole that stood outside. Grabbing the rope, she used it as a vine to swing out towards the forest where she used her agility to finish her escape. Back in the interrogation room, Mike and the guard groaned in pain as they struggled to stand.

“Sound the alarm! The prisoner has escaped!” Mike shouted as he made his way to alert Commander Stanton.

On the roof of the same tower, the young man who was trying to figure out the strange glowing orb that entered him earlier was shocked out of his pensive state when the sound of glass breaking and the sight of a woman leaping from the flagpole to the jungle caught his attention. He was further intrigued when sirens started blaring.

“Yikes! What’s going on around here?” He asked himself as he ran down the access stairs that led to the roof. A few minutes later, he heard the commotion about the jungle girl escaping and decided to help them by following her trail.

At the school which wasn’t too far from the tower, the young woman cleaning blackboards was brought out of her daydream when she saw a pink blur whiz past her window and into the trees. She figured it was some kind of animal but could swear it looked...human.

“What in the...” She gasped as her curiosity go the better of her. In the back of her mind, she was thankful that she was just a teacher’s aide as she left the classroom to follow whatever it was that had entered the jungle.

“I’m telling you it wasn’t anything bad.” Byron said as he and James stood outside the tower. His friend just shot him a look that was a mix of disbelief and utter shock.

“Not bad? Byron, two lights appear out of nowhere, slam into us and the next thing I know, I’m getting these weird mental pictures of things and people I don’t even recall.” James said in a huff. “If that’s not bad, tell me what it is. I’d love to hear your explanation.”

Byron took a moment to think and finally gave an answer he thought was acceptable.

“That light...it was...” He began. But before he could finish his thought, alarms started blaring and the pink streak blew past them through the jungle foliage.

“Whoa! Where’s the fire!?” James asked as guards poured out of the building along with the man from the roof.

“I want you men to spread out through the area! Bring that woman back here alive!” The head guard ordered as the others filed out. “She’s wearing pink skins and beads. Don’t let her looks fool you; approach with caution!

The description given by the head guard sparked something inside Byron and he remembered the jungle girl he and James helped to bring in.

“Hey, isn’t that the girl who’s suspected of the sabotage at the construction sites?” James asked before he and Byron were pulled to the side by the man in green.

“I think I saw who...or what you’re talking about.” The man whispered. “She swung from a flagpole like a monkey and headed into the jungle. If we go now, maybe we can bring her back because it looks like these guys aren’t gonna be too easy on her the second go around.”

“Sounds good. I really don’t want to hurt her.” Byron said, his innocence showing.

“Like she really didn’t wanna hurt those two others?” James asked as he rolled his eyes. “By the way, I’m James and Mr. Sunshine here is Byron.”

“I’m Jun. Jun Seiling. Nice to meet you.” He said in a friendly voice. “Now, let’s go!”

In a flash, the threesome ventured into the forest to find the mysterious jungle girl. As they searched, the heard rustling in some bushes and Byron went to investigate. When he pulled back the large leaves...

“AAAHH!” A young woman shrieked...but she wasn’t the one they were searching for. “Don’t scare me like that!”

“Sorry.” Byron apologized. “But...who are you?”

The girl walked out of the leaves and pulled some twigs from her hair.

“My name’s Hannah.” The Asian girl answered. “I take it you’re following some pink blur, too?”

“Yeah; I saw her escape from the Command Tower and swing into the jungle.” Jun replied. “And I think these guys were the ones who brought her in the first time. I’m Jun, by the way.”

“Byron.”

“James.”

As the foursome finished their introductions, Byron noticed the battlefield the rangers and Reapus fought on a while ago.

“Guys...look at this!” He gasped as he went to the fight site and discovered the shattered sabers. “Looks like a fight went on here.”

“A big one by the looks of it.” James added as he picked up one of the hilts. “Also, I’d say whoever held these...lost.”

As the group looked over the battlefield, the jungle woman lurked in the trees and glared at the foursome. She felt that they were more destroyers of her precious planet and was about to attack when a huge blast knocks the quartet backwards. When they managed to get a good look at who blasted them, they say the faces of Dualash as he approached them with an army of red and yellow creatures behind him.

“You’re picked the wrong place for a field trip, kiddies!” He snarled.

“Did you do this!?” Byron asked as he helped up his friends.

“As a matter of fact, I did. Now which of you would like to be my next victim!?” He asked as he drew his sword and pointed it at Hannah. “How about we do ladies first?”

“Back off!” Jun shouted as he and the other men stood in front of Hannah.

“How cute! You humans think you can stop me! The last ones I fought thought the same thing...and you just happen to be holding what’s left of them.” He said pointing to James who was still holding the broken sword hilt. “Grimlings! ATTACK!”

Before any of them could blink, the multicolored demons rushed the group making them defend themselves as best they could. Before long, each one was held in place by two creatures.

“UNNHH!!! LET US GO!” Hannah cried as she struggled to break free.

“I’m afraid I can’t do that.” The dual-visaged demon said shaking his head. “My lord and master wants this planet eradicated of all its...vermin. I guess starting with you is as good a place as any! Tell the galaxy rangers I said hello!”

Unable to move, Dualash charged at them with his own blade ready to slice them down. The four young people shouted in terror but before the sword could make contact, spears flew through the air. Some pierced the demons foot soldiers that held the four people captive while some landed in front of the creature stopping him in his tracks.

“Who did that!?” Dualash asked angrily.

With a primal cry, the jungle woman in pink leapt from the trees and stood between Dualash and the foursome.

“Fr’uoy hniyortsed fht uenalp!” The girl said in her strange tongue. “Fvael freh, xon!”

“Why are you helping us?” Byron asked the woman innocently.

“Byron, she’s saving our lives! Don’t ask; appreciate!” James shouted as he took a defensive stance.

Dualash looked this woman up and down and grew enraged that someone was standing up to him.

“How dare you, you little whelp!” He shouted. “You can join your new friends!”

He was about to bring his blade down when five beams of light, similar to the orbs that flew from the broken Quasar sabers, came down from the sky and shone on the five young people. In a flash, they vanished before the demon’s eyes only to reappear in what looked like a hollow, crystal cave.

“Whoa...where are we?” Jun asked as he looked around. The others followed suit, each one taking in their new surroundings differently.

“It’s beautiful.” Hannah whispered in awe.

“Amazing.” Byron said with child-like eyes.

“This...place...is...too...much.” James added.

“Sahw zrekcirt ti tiht? Enes fm lcab!” The jungle girl ordered. Byron looked at her and saw that she wasn’t as comfortable as the others were.

“Hey. What’s your name?” Byron asked slowly. “My...name...is...Byron.”

The jungle girl looked at the doe faced boy and glared at him.

“Tacari. And I can understand you just fine so please don’t act like dirt is smarter than you.” She said with contempt in her voice.

“Ouch!” James said with a slight chuckle. “Okay...now that intros are out of the way...anyone know how we got here? And where is here?”

“I believe I can answer that.” Said a feminine voice.

The door opened and in walked a tall woman shrouded in radiant silken sheets and robes. The light reflecting from the crystals made the white cloth shimmer giving her an ethereal glow. Her appearance had everyone there awestruck, including Tacari.

“Who are you?” Byron asked for the umpteenth time that day.

The woman smiled lightly under her veil.

“I am Celeste. I brought you here because I need your help.” She began. “That monster you encountered...is only the beginning.”

“What do you mean...‘the beginning’?” Jun asked worriedly. “You mean there’s more of him!?”

“Many more. And they all are under the command of Lord Reapus.” She started as she led the fivesome through the crystal cave. “That star that collided on your planet was his ship. A millennia ago, he and his generals waged a great war across the galaxy that nearly destroyed everything in its wake. Countless lives were lost ane more blood would have been shed if not for the rangers. Along with myself and Orion, we were able to defeat Reapus and his Styxerians...but at a great cost.”

“What happened?” Hannah asked with interest.

“I was gravely wounded and burned from the attack. In truth, I’m still in the process of healing even after a thousand years.” Celeste admitted. “Also, the original rangers lost their lives in battle so Orion captured their essence in five Quasar sabers and placed them in a stone on your planet until they were needed. When the time came, the five chosen ones would rise up to defeat the evil that threatened them.”

“Wait...Quasar sabers?” James asked. “You mean the Galaxy Rangers?”

“Yes. You hold one of the broken sabers in your hand.” She said pointing to James. “I was hoping that I’d seen the last of Lord Reapus, but it looks like I was mistaken. He’s returned and stronger than I feared.”

“But, if he beat the rangers...where are they now?” Jun asked.

“Follow me.” Celeste gently ordered.

She took the five people through the crystalline caverns until they came upon the main chamber where five shining pods stood. Inside them were the five Galaxy rangers. The sight made Byron and the others gasp in shock.

“They-they’re...” Hannah stammered.

“They’re not dead, child. They’re in stasis. Or as you would call it, ‘suspended animation’.” Celeste explained.

“But if they’re here...who’s going to fight that thing that almost killed us?” Byron asked worriedly.

“Remember how I mentioned that the Quasar sabers chose these warriors?” When the fivesome nodded, she continued. “Well...when the sabers were shattered, their essence was released to find five new warriors...you.”

The silence in the room was enough to hear a pin drop.

“Excuse me?” James asked in disbelief.

“When the sabers were destroyed, five orbs of power were released and sent to choose new warriors. The spirits of the ancient rangers have chosen you.” Celeste said with a smile reaching her eyes which were the only things visible. “I’m asking you now; do you accept?”

Each person took a moment to think about Celeste’s request.

“I’m in!” Jun piped up.

“Me, too.” Hanna answered.

“I got nothing better to do; why not?” James said in his usual aloof manner.

“Of course, I’ll help.” Byron accepted. Now all that was left was Tacari.

“No! I won’t fight with them!” Tacari exclaimed. That outburst surprised the other four and Celeste.

“Why not?” Byron asked innocently. “What did we do to you?”

“It’s the planet! You’re killing it with your machines. Gouging the earth and pulling up any plants you come across...in my eyes, you’re no better than Reapus!” The jungle woman glared.

“Tacari...I understand your stance on this. But, please, help us fight him. If you don’t, Reapus will prevail and there won’t be anything left of the planet you call home.” Celeste’s eyes reflected the desperation she held. “If not for us...join to save Miranoi.”

It was no secret that Tacari hated the development of her planet and the people in charge of it with a passion, but for all the hatred her heart held for them, she held more love for her beloved planet. She would do anything to preserve it.

“For Miranoi...ONLY for Miranoi.” She stressed.

“Thank you. Now that you all accept, I must perform the ritual to give you your powers.”

Celeste waved her hand and five crystal podiums rose from the floor, each one a different shape. One by one, the robed woman asked the five people to stand on one. Once the youngsters were in place, Celeste spoke again.

“So...what happens now?” Jun asked as he stood on the square crystal.

“Each of you has the essence of one of the ancient rangers, but they must deem you worthy of receiving such power. This ritual will seal the pact and infuse you with power beyond imagining.”

Celeste closed her eyes and began to sing a haunting, yet beautiful melody which activated the crystals under them. Each one started to glow white and the orbs of the ancient rangers’ essence floated outside their bodies. The multicolored balls of light grew and soon took the shape of the ranger who wielded their power a thousand years ago. The ghosts of the rangers looked upon the ones who would carry on their mission and nodded in approval.

“O, great rangers. Do you find these young ones, worthy of your power?” Celeste asked singing slightly.

“We do.” The red figure agreed with the others nodding in response. “Endow them with all our power.”

As Celeste kept singing, a window opened up above them so they could see the trillions of stars that blanketed the black sky. Five groups of stars in particular started to twinkle brilliantly as their stellar energy formed into comets of light. As the multicolored streaks hit the rangers’ essence, both energies combined and the orbs reentered the five as they did before.

“That was...” James began.

“Amazing.” Tacari finished.

“I’m glad you liked that. Celeste said grinning under her veil. “I have something else for you.”

The robed woman sighed in relief as she waved her hand over a console that flipped over to reveal five red contraptions. “These are your Galactic Stroke Morphers.” She said as she flipped one open to unveil its paintbrush-like tip. “To activate your powers, shout ‘Ride the Nova!’” One by one, she handed the five youngsters their new morphers. “More will be made available to you as you fight.”

Hannah looked at her morpher and her doubts started to rise.

“Do you really think we can do this? I mean...if they couldn’t...”

“I know you can.” Celeste said reassuring the young girl. As she was about to console Hannah, an alarm blared causing a screen to appear in front of her. The images she saw were very disturbing as Dualash proceeded to attack the city of River’s End.

“Looks like we get to take these bad boys for a test drive! Sweet!” James shouted happily.

Tacari watched as Dualash laid waste to some of the buildings and she smirked inwardly to herself. Maybe he wasn’t so bad after all. But she remembered what Celeste said about Reapus and his horde destroying her home and she regained her focus.

"Let’s hurry!” She said urgently.

“Yeah, but...how do we get back?” Byron asked.

“I shall send you back down. Good luck.” With a wave of her hand, the same five lights that brought them to her star sent them back to their home planet...and right in the middle of the chaos Dualash and his Grimlings were causing. People were scattering in every direction to escape the carnage.

“That’s it! Burn this city to the ground! Leave nothing breathing!” Dualash ordered harshly as he prepared to slash one of the buildings from its foundation.

“Stop!” Byron shouted as he and the others stood defiantly in front of the building.

“Ahh! I see you’re back to take your medicine like good little children!” Dualash scoffed.

“The only one getting anything shoved down his throat is you!” James shot back as he pointed at the two-faced demon.

“Is that so?” Dualash laughed mockingly. “And just who’s gonna put me in my place?”

“That would be us!” Byron answered with determination crossing his innocent face. “Ready!?” He asked the others.

“Ready!” They answered back as all five flipped open their morphers to reveal the brush tips. When they were ready, they all shouted:

“RIDE THE NOVA!”

Byron stands in front of a fiery background as a red comet shoots out. The young man rides the flaming body through the blackness of space, using his Galactic Stroke Morpher to write his symbol in the stars. The stars connect, form the symbol and adhere themselves to his body to form his suit and helmet. The comet, with Byron on board, zooms through the planet’s atmosphere. His body is ablaze with power as he lands in his full ranger form. Soon, the others follow suit with Hannah in front of a rocky landscape, Jun standing in front of a forest, Tacari with clouds behind her and James with an ocean landscape behind him. Comets of yellow, pink, green and blue carried them into the cosmos as they mirrored Byron’s movements by writing their symbols and attaining their ranger suits. As did the red ranger before them, they all reentered the planet’s atmosphere, their bodies burning like the sun, as they touched down.

“FIERY AS THE PLANET’S CORE! GALAXY STRIDER RED!” Byron shouted.

“UNPREDICTABLE AS A TSUNAMI! GALAXY STRIDER BLUE!” James called out.

“FIERCE AS A WINDSTORM! GALAXY STRIDER PINK!” Tacari said with confidence.

“STRONG AS A FOREST! GALAXY STRIDER GREEN!” Jun exclaimed.

“STEADY AS A MOUNTAIN! GALAXY STRIDER YELLOW!” Hannah shouted.

“We protect this planet with the power of the stars! POWER RANGERS: GALAXY STRIDERS!” The fivesome shouted as they struck their heroic pose.

“Hmmph! I’m not impressed!” Dualash scoffed. “Grimlings, ATTACK!”

Soon, dozens of shogun demons rushed the five rangers until they meshed in battle. Swords clashed fiercely as each ranger fought with a good sized group displaying different fighting styles. James and Jun were more brutish with their moves while Hannah and Byron showed more finesse. Tacari proved that despite being a ranger, she still used her primal instincts to battle the grimlings by jumping over them and clawing at them along with using her sword. When it looked like the rangers would get the upper hand, the number of grimlings increased and the tables began to turn.

“Um...I’m not a tactical genius, but I think we’re losing!” Jun shouted as he was slowly becoming overrun.

“And you call yourself a warrior!” Tacari scolded as she kept fighting.

“He’s got a point, Tacari!” James said as he was grabbed by the legs.

“What are we gonna do?” Hannah asked as she joined the others.

“Rangers...” Celeste’s voice blanketed the battlefield causing every fighter to look up for a moment. “Spin the discs on your swords. Greater powers are at your disposal! Use them and fight valiantly!”

“Okay, Celeste!” Byron called out as her voice faded. “Let’s try it out.”

The red ranger spun the disc resting on his sword hilt until it and the emblem inside shone like brilliant rubies.

“Nova Bihänder!” He shouted. In a flash, his small sword turned into a massive red bladed weapon that was almost as big as he was. “Star Disc ALPHA!” Byron then opened the golden buckle on his belt and placed the red disc inside into his new equipment. “Everyone, duck!”

“Oh, crap!” James shouted as he and the others quickly hit the ground. With all of his strength, Byron swung his mighty weapon and took out a throng of grimlings in one pass.

“Wow! Did you see that?” He asked as he ran head first into another group and began swinging.

“Nice! I gotta try that!” James shouted as he followed suit. He spun the disc on his hilt until it began to glow blue. “Nebula Bogen!” In his hands was a powerful bow and he, too, opened his buckle to place the disc onto his new weapon. "Star Disc BETA! Round two!” He yelled with a smirk under his helmet. He pulled back the plunger and shimmering blue arrows flew through the air to pierce his section of grimlings until they exploded.

The Pink Ranger immediately spun her sword’s disc.

“Celestial Fan!” Tacari shouted, not wasting time with idle banter. In her hands was a large pink and white fan. “Star Disc GAMMA!” She placed her buckle’s disc onto her weapon and began to wail on every grimling that came within a few inches of her. Despite her graceful moves, she still fought with the ferocity of a wild animal.

“My turn!” Hannah yelled as she spun her disc. “Star Grazer!” In a blink of an eye, her sword transformed into a tri-bladed weapon. “Star disc EPSILON!” She locked her buckle’s disk in place and used her grazer as a defensive weapon blocking the grimlings’ swords from making contact with her. When she had the chance, she threw her Star Grazer like a boomerang at a throng of oncoming demons and mowed them down like a runaway buzz saw.

“Whoa! Too close!” Jun shouted as a couple of blades came within inches of cutting off his head. “Astral Lancer!” He shouted as his sword switched from his primary weapon to a very long spear. “Hey, Tacari! Maybe we should switch weapons!” He shouted to her.

“Maybe I should switch teammates!” She shot back as she kept fighting.

“Ooookay...Star Disk DELTA!” He placed his buckle’s disc onto his weapon and swung it much like Byron did with his sword, but with more control and speed. When he spied another group coming at him, he launched himself over them using his spear as a pole vault before slashing the grimlings with his new weapon. This went on until the only one left to fight the rangers was Dualash.

“Impossible!” The double-faced demon shouted in disbelief. “How can my forces be defeated by mere...CHILDREN!?”

Byron gripped his bihänder tightly as he glared at Dualash under his helmet.

“We’ll show you who’s a child! HAAAAAAAHH!!!”

Before anyone could stop him, the red ranger charged at the two-faced monster with reckless abandon. Dualash fired his lasers at him only to have them deflected by his weapon’s massive blade.

“Byron!” Jun shouted.

“I knew it. The guy has lost his mind! You idiot!” James scolded in frustration.

“Is he always this reckless?” Hannah asked with concern.

“If he is, we’ll be looking for a new leader before the day’s out.” Tacari chimed in with folded arms.

Ignoring the others, Byron swung his massive sword and pushed Dualash back like a football training dummy until he pinned him to a wall. With one might spin, Byron cleaved the hulking enemy until he was reduced cinders in a huge explosion, much to the delight of his comrades.

“Man...that was sick!” James shouted as he patted his friend.

“I’m glad that’s over.” Hannah sighed.

It’s not over. I can feel it.” Tacari warned.

Tacari’s warning would come to fruition as the flames from the explosion were sucked back into Dualash’s body causing it to grow as tall as the city’s skyscrapers.

“You pesky rangers! I’ll grind you under my heels like bugs!” And he proceeded to do just that. Luckily, the rangers dodged out of the way.

“Yikes! Okay, this wasn’t covered in the manual!” James shouted. “How are we supposed to fight that!?”

“Rangers...hold out your hands!” Celeste ordered.

As if to answer his query, five colored orbs shot through the sky and landed in the upturned palms of each ranger. The light faded revealing contraption that were the same shapes as the podiums the stood on when they were on Celeste’s star.

“These are your zords. Use them in conjunction with your morphers.” She advised.

“We will! Thank you!” Byron called up before looking to his teammates. “ALPHA LION!” He shouted, crossing his arms in front of him.

He set his device on the ground and drew a symbol over it until it grew to massive proportions. The device unfolded to reveal that it was, in fact, a lion zord.

“Man! We got some cool toys! Come on, guys!” James urged. “BETA DRAGON!”

“GAMMA TURTLE!”

“DELTA BEAR!”

“EPSILON MONKEY!”

The four remaining rangers mimicked Byron’s movements and soon his red lion was joined by his fellow zords in combat. Seeing the stampede, Dualash fired lasers from his swords in an attempt to stop them, but to no avail.

“That’s what I’m talkin’ about!” James shouted happily.

“Stop acting like a child! This isn’t a game!” Tacari hissed under her helmet.

“Lady, are you always this bitter?” James asked, shaking his head. Hannah just decided that keeping quiet was the best option.

“I’ll go in first!” Byron said as he charged forward. His Alpha lion gave a mighty roar as it passed the giant demon, striking him in the process.

“Hey, save some for us!” James scolded.

“I’m going in!” Hannah said gaining a bit of confidence. Her monkey leapt ahead and pounded Dualash with it’s simian fists before using its agility to swing to the top of a building. Once there, it folded back into its triangle and rolled on top of Dualash knocking the swords from his hands.

“My turn.”

The Pink Ranger folded her turtle zord and hurled herself towards the towering shogun like a frisbee only to be knocked down by an overhead forearm. The next thing she knew, she was in the second set of the monster’s jaws.

“Get your teeth off of me!” She shouted.

“Hang on!” Jun rushed in with his Delta Bear and began to slash at the demon like a mother grizzly.

“Why you impudent little-” Dualash snarled as he picked up the green bear. But Jun just folded back into a square and landed on his toe causing him great pain.

“Let’s move!” The Green Ranger ordered.

“Right!” Tacari agreed as they rolled away to regroup.

“Leave this to a pro!” James said smugly as his zord hit Dualash square in the face in his folded form. “Now for the real fun to begin!” His Beta Dragon shot blue flames from its mouth roasting the shogun menace.

“We have weapons, too? I have to try!” Byron said sounding more like a kid on Christmas than a warrior. Pulling his sword out, he spun the disc and shouted: "ALPHA LION METEOR!” His zord soon took the shape of a flaming jet and rocketed towards a dazed Dualash. With a forceful thrust of his sword, the red ranger urged his lion on until it collided with Dualash in a massive explosion ending his life.

The five rangers, now demorphed, stood in the middle of the city and looked down at their compact zords.

“We...we did it. We actually did it!” James shouted. “Man, this is too wild!”

“I know. This is just surreal!” Hannah sighed, thankful that it was over.

“You have done well, rangers.” Celeste’s voice echoed. “But be warned, this was only a portion of Reapus’ power. You mustn’t let your guard down for a moment.”

“We won’t let you down.” Jun replied looking up.

“So...what now?” Byron asked wondering what to do next.

“I will contact you when the need arises. Until then, get some rest.” Celeste ordered before fading out leaving the five newest rangers to their own devices.

“I guess...I guess we go home for now.” Byron wondered aloud.

“Nobody’s gonna believe this one.” Jun whispered to himself. “Question...who’s gonna be teaching us to use this stuff? I mean, we had Celeste’s help before. That last fight was luck because I’m not that great a fighter.”

“Neither am I, but we made out alright.” Hannah surmised. “But, I still think we can do this.”

“And it’s that very thinking that will get you all killed.” Tacari sneered. “You treat this like a child’s game when everything’s on the line.”

By now, James had had enough of the jungle woman’s rants about one thing or another and was about to set her straight...or so he thought.

“Okay, lady! I don’t know what bug crawled up your butt, and being from the jungle, I’m sure that happens a lot, but why do you keep bagging on us?” He asked furiously. “And what makes you think you're such a better fighter than us, anyway?”

Tacari shot a piercing glare at the blue ranger before grabbing his wrist and throwing him into some low hanging vines.

“Ask me when you can block that.” She shot back at the now upside down James. She started to walk away from the other rangers when Byron grabbed her arm gently.

“Wait.” He pleaded. “I know we got off on the wrong foot...with us hitting you with that tranquilizer dart...”

“That was you!?” She shouted.

“BUT...I think we can learn a lot from each other. We could definitely use your fighting skills. Maybe...you can teach us some things.” Byron asked with his baby face.

“Maybe. Maybe not.” She said jumping into a nearby tree. “When you need me...”

“We can come find you?” Byron interrupted.

“No...I’ll find you.” The jungle woman answered with a stone face before swinging into her jungle home.

“You think we’ll see her again?” Byron asked with a tilted head making the others look at him weirdly.

“Uh...she’s on the team so...yeah.” James answered with a roll of his eyes. “This is gonna be a long war!” He thought as he and the others went their separate ways for now.

Meanwhile, back on Reapus’ ship...

“SHE’S STILL ALIVE!?” Reapus roared causing the vessel to shake. “HOW DID SHE MANAGE TO SURVIVE!?”

“I-I-I have no idea, Lord Reapus!” Kalamax stammered fearfully. “She’s craftier than we anticipated.”

“WHAT DID YOU SAY!?” He snapped at his vassal.

“I-I-I meant ‘we’ as in Crescenda and I. Of course you knew all along about Celeste’s resourcefulness, my lord.” The squid-like general sais as he corrected himself.

“Resourceful, indeed. She even managed to recruit children to fight her battles for her...which means she is also too injured to fight.” Reapus reasoned as he looked through his portal. “Enjoy your victory now, Celeste. But mark my words. Soon, I’ll be the one to bring down the curtain on your final act!”

=====

One group of rangers falls and another one rises to the challenge. But will the young people be ready for all that Reapus has to offer? Stay tuned.

=====

End of Act Two
TaJaDoru is offline   Reply With Quote