View Single Post
Old 08/10/20, 04:55 AM   #6
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Default Re: Super Megaforce Legendary Morphs

Megaforce had lack of character development, plot development, story development and a lot of story elements skipped over for the sake of burning trough 100 episodes of Sentai footage. I recently attempted watching Tensou Sentai Goseiger and although I had to stop after Gosei Knight's debut because of lack of time (obligations), I can TESTIFY that there's more usable Sentai footage in those 15+ episodes of Goseiger that could provide the show with a lot more plot, story and character development than what was actually used in the actual (Super) Megaforce seasons.

Yes, "Legendary Battle" is one of my favorite GENERIC PR episodes: the fact is that a lot that was featured in it wasn't previousely introduced properly. They try to build upon the emotional and moral connection between the current team and the Veterans, but you don't actually feel that connection. They didn't even explain where did the Ranger Keys come from, why were they created in the first place and how did those who created them even know they're going to be needed? I mean, the Veteran Ranger teams just show up morphed and waLK TOWARDS the Megaforce team like nothing even happened with their powers. The whole 40 episodes of those seasons instead of resolving some open-ended stuff from previous seasons, answering questions on where did the Warstar and the Armada come from, they just end up adding even more unanswered questions. Plus when the Veterans teleport away... the shot of Earth in there just doesn't make any sense as only the Alien Rangers, the Gold Zeo Ranger, Andros, Zhane, the Galaxy Rangers and the RPM Rangers are those who should've teleoprted somehow to their own Galaxies/planets/dimensions, but not everyone else, like the used footage actually shows.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote