View Single Post
Old 06/11/20, 10:08 PM   #1
Dragon Ceaser
Putty Patroller

Default Seasons that had better premieres then finalies

Not counting MMPR of course. Since the idea of switching casts or costumes wasn't tried yet ( yes I am still excluding Alien Rangers).

Which seasons had better premieres then finale's. This could also be seasons that started off strong and had a disapointing payoff.

For me Time Force comes to mind. The opening episode was epic and had dramatic stakes PR never had before. The first ten episodes were exceptionally strong. The characters were great and there was still good stuff as they went on. But as they got to the second half of the season things started to drag.

The final episode felt rushed and just felt like it was time to end the show. A lot of the ideas about racism in the future, Ransik being good from his own point of view, and making your own destiny were thrown out the window. The finale didn't have the same stakes we saw in Space-LR's final episodes. Nor Turbo's but that was a cliffhanger.

Nadiera suddenly becomes good, as does Ransik. Frax is destroyed and there is no real remorse from anyone but Nadiera. And even that is forgotten. Ransik murdered Dr Ferriciks and nobody cares. Wes and Eric become friends because well young Mr. Collin's says so. The Time Force Rangers have to go to the future and Wes/Jen can't be together....All because well....Everyone makes-I mean we can't change the timeline. The series just ends in awkward fashion with Wes holding up the Time Force badge.

I still love Time Force overall. But I do feel like they left a lot of potential on the table and was disappointed by the finale. At least Rienforcements From the Future was better and made up for some of it. Although it left me wishing we would get more stories with this team instead of the continuing adventures of the Wild Force team.
Dragon Ceaser is offline   Reply With Quote