View Single Post
Old 06/16/15, 11:09 AM   #203
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was pretty good.

I liked that we learn that Tyler, and the Professor had a mentor of there own who worked with virtual reality technology.

I also liked the idea that he accidentally created something that could destroy the Troopers, and Grimlord wanted to get his hands on it.

I also liked that we get to see Tyler himself help during the Skug battle.

Really I think my only problem is that it points out one of my problems with Season Two.

Which is that they finally permanently rescued Tyler Steele from Grimlord but aside from a throwaway line from Tao in Game Over, and the message about the Troopertron from The Negative Factor he's been pretty non-existent until now.

When I think they missed a chance to have him further explain more about the VR Trooper powers, and Grimlord, and maybe even more bits about Ryan's life before Grimlord abducted Tyler.

Not to mention that up until now there hasn't been any big storylines for Season Two like there was the big one about rescuing Tyler Steele in Season One.

I liked Transgressor he was a cool monster with cool powers but, and here's a weird thing.

He represents another problem I have with Shaider monsters.

Which is that for everyone that is genuinely cool, and creepy looking like a lot of them have been actually.

You also either have ones that are goofy, and silly looking like Scissor Fist.

Or they don't know if they want to be silly, and goofy looking, or cool, and creepy looking, and as a result they look like some weird hodgepodge of both.

In this case Transgressor looks like a cool, and creepy monster with his weird green body, and skull like head.

But then he's got these huge cartoony eyes that look like at some point he was supposed to be a goofy, and silly monster.

I will say I can't think of anything that they took out from the Shaider episode they used aside from a spaceship battle that they replaced with JB, and Kaitlin's anyway.

Tune in next time for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote