View Single Post
Old 06/12/15, 02:46 PM   #200
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was pretty good.

I liked the idea of Grimlord growing killer plants that also eventually turn into mutants.

I also thought that Vegbot, and Chlorophoid were both cool monsters with cool powers.

I also liked the part where the Professor, and JB talk about using whatever Grimlord used to create the vines to end hunger.

Like even if they didn't say anything specifically it felt like they were talking about GMOs particularly genetically modified plants, and how it's just a technology just like any other that can be used for good or evil.

I also liked that they used a Spielban monster, and a Shaider monster that both had similar themes.

Which reminds me of something I forgot to talk about last time which was that Shaider had a monster that was movie camera theme that wasn't in Kaitlin Goes Hollywood.

Really the only thing I can really think of that bothered me was the Battle Grid segment, and that was only because it was just recycled footage of the Battle Grid segment from The Dojo Plot.

It's like how come Ryan doesn't have a new Battle Grid suit based on his Shaider powers?

How come the Troopers are just fighting regular Skugs still, and not Ultra Skugs?

I probably wouldn't even care about recycled footage either if they didn't use everything from just one Battle Grid segment.

Like maybe use a full portal sequence after they transform.

Use the landing scene from all the other Battle Grid segments besides A Dirty Trick, and The Dojo Plot.

Use the V, R, Troopers thing from A Dirty Trick with the full suits.

Use all of the Searching for Tyler Steele footage of Ryan on the rock formation, and some Transmuant footage for JB.

And at the end after Kaitlin, and JB do their mid air kicks have Ryan do that scissor kick he did in The Virtual Spy, and No One's Friend.

And then show that part where the Skugs get knocked into each other.

I don't I'm just throwing things out there.

Other than that I think they cut out some stuff from the Shaider footage they used.

But I think even that could have been solved by just shortening the part where Ryan is trapped by the vines.

Tune in next time for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote