View Single Post
Old 06/01/15, 06:15 PM   #177
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Final Thoughts.

This whole storyline was pretty good.

I still stand by what I said about how if I could count all of it as single episode I would say it's my all time favorite.

It's a great send off to Ryan's old powers, and Grimlord's old mutants, and fortress, and great introduction to Ryan's new powers, and Grimlord's new mutants, and fortress.

I also liked the part where it genuinely seemed like Ryan was killed before he could escape Grimlord's dungeon.

I also liked the various father/son my moments between Ryan, and Tyler.

It has problems but there mostly small, and can be chalked up to pacing, and production.

The whole story feels like it could have just been three episodes instead of five since the story is just Grimlord steals Tyler's knowledge to upgrade his mutants, Ryan, and the others find out, and fight them, Ryan goes to the Virtual Dungeon to rescue his father, and Jeb, and almost gets blown up.

Ryan, and his friends search for Grimlord, and his father, and them in a cave but Kaitlin, and JB get kidnapped, and Ryan has to rescue them, and he rescues his father, and friends but looses his old powers.

Ryan, and the others heal Tyler while Grimlord creates the Dark Fortress, and his new minions, and Tyler makes new powers for Ryan so he can fight them.

I liked the fights with Wolfbot, and Rapidspore in parts 1 and 2, and the one with Irradiator in part 5 but I felt like they both could have been used for stand alone episodes.

Remember how I went on all the time in The Disappearance, Race to the Rescue, and New Kids on the Planet about how I wished they had saved Ryan's fights for those episodes for a major multi parter.

Well this what I was talking about.

It also bugged me how JB, and Kaitlin spend so much of the first half out of Trooper mode, and they try to overcompensate by having Ryan spend all of part 4 out of Trooper mode

Also for all the build up to Ryan's new powers it bugged me that they didn't actually use a Shaider monster to show them off.

Then again I also think if it didn't have the Shaider stuff, and you edited it to end at part 3, and you included Ivar's fights from Save the Trees, and Great Brain Robbery, and Icebot's fight from Littlest Trooper, and made this the series finale.

Or if they switched around Grimlord stealing Tyler's knowledge to have it before Defending Dark Heart, and split it up into two two parters with one that's the first two parts of Defending Dark Heart in the middle of Season One with Dark Heart becoming an ally of the Troopers.

And the other at the end of Season One that's the last two parts of Defending Dark Heart mixed with the first half of this episode.

And then the second half be the Season Two premiere.

Tune in next time for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote