View Single Post
Old 02/04/15, 09:10 PM   #56
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Final Thoughts

Honestly I just wasn’t really feeling this episode mostly because a lot of it felt like a mishmash of various parts from earlier episodes.

I thought the parts where Ziktor tried to pretend to be nice, and the Troopers believed him was all right I wouldn’t have cared if he was like that all the time but up until this point he’s been open about his assholeness, and only gotten away with anything by bullying the Mayor which he still does.

Another problem that it reminds me of that I should talk about if I haven’t already have is how in Metalder a lot of the bad guys that Metalder spared would later show up as good guys either making it out okay or getting destroyed by their former allies.

Well the reason I bring this up is because in the Metalder episode this was based on the Japanese version of Hammerbot returned as a good guy to help Metalder fight Chainbot.

It makes me whish they swapped out Hammerbot in Grimlord’s Challenge for another Metalder monster, and combined this episode with say another episode with a give a hoot don’t pollute episode that maybe either didn’t have a Metalder monster or had one that could easily swapped out as way to justify having Hammerbot switch sides.

It also bugged me that they didn’t even show Ryan actually destroying Chainbot even when the footage was perfectly usable.

I did like the fight with Ivar though it made me think that maybe one alternative to using a Metalder monster, and a Spielban monster in the same episode was maybe having it where when the monster is from Metalder JB fights Ivar or Icebot but if it’s a Spielban monster Ryan fights Decimator, Zelton, or Toxoid but then you would probably have to recycle more footage that way.

Tune in next time everyone for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote