View Single Post
Old 10/30/14, 09:40 PM   #9
Ellen Brand
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Personality Conflicts

Tommy sat on the front stoop of the youth center sobbing. He could still hear the words to that song, running through his mind, mocking him. It had been his and Kim's, but she had left him, and now he was alone again.

....................Let the world stop turning,

....................Let the sun stop burning,

....................Let them tell me love's not worth going through,

....................If it all falls apart,

....................I will know deep in my heart,

....................The only dream that mattered had come true,

....................In this life, I was loved by you.

..........Well, everything had fallen apart for him, and he didn't know if being loved was going to be enough. He felt someone sit down next to him, and looked up, expecting to see Jason. Instead, he saw Lita, smiling at him sympathetically.

.........."Hey, Tommy. That's got to hurt, I know. If it's any consolation, I don't think they planned it that way," she offered.

..........He laughed. "It's not that, Dr. Kino. I really am happy for them both. I meant every word I said in there. It's just- it's just that I'm alone again. Everybody else has somebody, but I'm alone, and I'm still in love with the woman who dumped me. I haven't been fair to Kat at all. In a sense, I think I just latched onto her to avoid being alone. She probably got tired of competing with a ghost, but Kim's always gonna be hanging over me. That song- Kim and I danced to it all the time. I just feel so lost. I guess I traded one depression for another."

.........."Tommy, I know that right now romance and romantic love seem to be the most important kinds, but you have to understand that you're not alone. You're a part of a group of friends so close that nothing can come between you for long. You and Kat may not be romantically involved anymore, but you'll always be friends. Nothing that comes between you, now or in the future, will ever break that bond you have with your friends. That goes for Kimberly, too."

..........He smiled up at her. "Thanks, Lita."

.........."No sweat," she grinned, helping him to his feet. "C'mon. Let's go in there and dance!" They re-entered the youth center, going back to the party. For the first time in almost three years, Tommy thought that things were going to be all right.

End
Ellen Brand is offline   Reply With Quote