Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why didn't they use the Kakuranger suits? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8217)

VR Master 11/27/17 12:18 PM

Why didn't they use the Kakuranger suits?

I know they obviously used them for the Alien Rangers but wouldn't it have made more sense for the MMPR Rangers just to use the new costumes with the new Ninja Powers? Not to mention easier to film. You just would have had to write Kimberly off earlier but they had to know she was leaving.

MattEmily 11/27/17 12:32 PM

Re: Why didn't they use the Kakuranger suits?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VR Master (Post 69257)
I know they obviously used them for the Alien Rangers but wouldn't it have made more sense for the MMPR Rangers just to use the new costumes with the new Ninja Powers? Not to mention easier to film. You just would have had to write Kimberly off earlier but they had to know she was leaving.

yes but I think they wanted to keep the status quo of 6 Rangers going as long as possible which is partially why they decided to not do so the other reason is because of the leader being female whereas Tommy was currently the leader so it wouldn't have fit in with the current leadership scheme.

No Green Spandex 11/27/17 12:53 PM

We all know they couldn't make their precious Tommy get demoted.

MattEmily 11/27/17 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Green Spandex (Post 69272)
We all know they couldn't make their precious Tommy get demoted.

not only that but they couldn't have him get demoted for a girl since the show tends to be like that. It's not right but I do understand it.

Zordon's Heroes 11/27/17 07:37 PM

They weren't ready to ditch the MMPR suits but needed to use the footage by the end so we got the Alien Ranger Saga.

MMPR Forever 11/27/17 09:52 PM

It would have been a major mistake to change the costumes. It was bad enough they did so just a year later

Falconzord Commander 11/27/17 10:05 PM

They would have been better off using the suits and having Tommy become Green Ranger again.

Ninja Storm Fan 11/27/17 10:26 PM

It wouldn't have made the season any better.

Super Cena 11/29/17 06:58 PM

I can't imagine MMPR Season 3 without the original suits.