Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Spike's Mother (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=5694)

raz 12/04/14 08:04 PM

Spike's Mother

I'm sitting here wondering who Spike's mother could really be.

Jason Narvy was a hoot when he approached the question at AFO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...OxzcPlNY#t=80s

"It had to be sometime during season 1 or 2. Who was a girl that disappeared during season 2?" -Jason Narvy
"Aisha! Uhh, well, I don't know." - JDF
"It had to be Trini! Peace conference, my eye!......knocked up." - Jason Narvy

But, seriously. Spike is shown DRIVING in Super Samurai. So, at least 16 years back places a birth during Zeo. The girl got pregnant during season 3? Uhhh....Kimberly? Maybe she didn't really go to Florida, and Skull was the person she sent the letter to Tommy about.

Any theories?

MattEmily 12/05/14 09:31 AM

Re: Spike's Mother

Actually I like Jason's theory better with it being Trini but because of how Spike himself looks it can't be her. However it could be a case of a weird situation in which he gave up girls and married a man and adopted Spike... or he could have married Trini but they found out she couldn't have kids so they adopted Spike.

PRangerX 12/21/14 11:03 PM

Well the joke was that Kim was the mother during the Samurai. We know that Amit wanted Skull to be the one Kim left Tommy for when he worked on Wild Force. And Amit did consult on Samurai. But I personally think the idea of Skull and Kim ending up together to be too far fetched.

Its more likely that Spike just met a woman that he may or may not have married and had Spike. Him being a teenage dad in Zeo is a little heavy for PR but it was so many years later that they could just conviently not mention it.

Or maybe Spike isnt 16? After all the MMPR Rangers drove in what should have been their freshman year. If you assume MMPR through Turbo is in real time.

MMPR Forever 12/21/14 11:07 PM

No way Kim went with Skull, She loved Tommy. I think they ended up back together. Even in with that stupid letter she supposedly wrote in Zeo. Skull's wife was probably just some punk.

VR Master 12/21/14 11:10 PM

I like the idea of Spike and Trini getting together. It would make sense of Spike wanting to be Samurai since he would be part chinese. Thus making him interested in his heritage. Its likely the Samurai Rangers were all part Japenese anyway. Except maybe for Jayden.

MMPR Forever 12/21/14 11:13 PM

That feels wrong too. I think Trini ended up with Billy, whenever he returned fron Aquitar.

PRangerX 12/21/14 11:19 PM

I'm not even sure Billy could return. I the waters of Aquitar may have changed him into an Aquation. I think its too much of a concidence that the viewing globe couldn't pick up his mage.. As much as Billy may have cared for Cestria, I don't think he would have just up and left. Especially when the team needed him. There had to be another reason he had to stay on Aquitar.

MattEmily 12/21/14 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 50045)
Well the joke was that Kim was the mother during the Samurai. We know that Amit wanted Skull to be the one Kim left Tommy for when he worked on Wild Force. And Amit did consult on Samurai. But I personally think the idea of Skull and Kim ending up together to be too far fetched.

Its more likely that Spike just met a woman that he may or may not have married and had Spike. Him being a teenage dad in Zeo is a little heavy for PR but it was so many years later that they could just conviently not mention it.

Or maybe Spike isnt 16? After all the MMPR Rangers drove in what should have been their freshman year. If you assume MMPR through Turbo is in real time.

I was never a fan of that whole Kimberly/Skull joke anyway based on how she worded her letter to Tommy... she made it sound like she met someone new and not someone she already knew.

Also I think you mean "It's more likely that Skull just met a woman" and I do agree with you there. I can agree both Bulk and Skull as being the type of people that would have a difficult time with settling down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Forever (Post 50046)
No way Kim went with Skull, She loved Tommy. I think they ended up back together. Even in with that stupid letter she supposedly wrote in Zeo. Skull's wife was probably just some punk.

Sure Kimberly loved him so much that she broke up with him in a letter, that's not love. That's just showing utter lack of respect for him. Kat showed more respect and care towards Tommy than Kimberly ever did.
However I do agree that Spike's Mom was probably someone that we have no clue about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VR Master (Post 50047)
I like the idea of Spike and Trini getting together. It would make sense of Spike wanting to be Samurai since he would be part chinese. Thus making him interested in his heritage. Its likely the Samurai Rangers were all part Japenese anyway. Except maybe for Jayden.

I actually hadn't thought of that but I'm not sure if you'd consider Trini to be Chinese or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Forever (Post 50049)
That feels wrong too. I think Trini ended up with Billy, whenever he returned fron Aquitar.

I don't, I think he's still on Aquitar since he fell for Cestria.

MMPR Forever 12/21/14 11:25 PM

I thought it was stupid that Billy left too. Also why would he fall in love with Cestria all of the sudden? I really think.he should have ended up with Trini.

I hated how Zeo took his Ranger status away. Billy should have still been the Blue Ranger.

MattEmily 12/21/14 11:28 PM

yea it was disappointing with Billy leaving but nothing they could do about that since David had already left. Can't have Billy if you don't have the actor.

MMPR Forever 12/21/14 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 50052)
I was never a fan of that whole Kimberly/Skull joke anyway based on how she worded her letter to Tommy... she made it sound like she met someone new and not someone she already knew.

Also I think you mean "It's more likely that Skull just met a woman" and I do agree with you there. I can agree both Bulk and Skull as being the type of people that would have a difficult time with settling down.

Sure Kimberly loved him so much that she broke up with him in a letter, that's not love. That's just showing utter lack of respect for him. Kat showed more respect and care towards Tommy than Kimberly ever did.
However I do agree that Spike's Mom was probably someone that we have no clue about.

I actually hadn't thought of that but I'm not sure if you'd consider Trini to be Chinese or not.

I don't, I think he's still on Aquitar since he fell for Cestria.

I hated that they had Kimberly write him that letter. It was a slap in the face to MMPR fans. It killed Zeo for me. Tommy and Kat wasn't right. Kat tried to steal Tommy from Kim the whole time. I don't buy her innocent girl act in Zeo. Who knows maybe she wrote the letter and not Kim. She did learn from Rita after all.

No Green Spandex 12/21/14 11:35 PM

I hated it because we were supposed to feel sorry for Tommy. Once again it was all about him. What did he expect? Kim moved miles away from him. Plus he was too stupid to see that Kat was crazy about him. Took him until the end of Zeo to realize this.

MattEmily 12/21/14 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Green Spandex (Post 50057)
I hated it because we were supposed to feel sorry for Tommy. Once again it was all about him. What did he expect? Kim moved miles away from him. Plus he was too stupid to see that Kat was crazy about him. Took him until the end of Zeo to realize this.

I agree with you there... at least in the case of the "Kimberly moving miles away from him and him being too stupid to see how Kat felt about him" part.
Kat felt so bad for him that she was willing to put her own feelings for him above her own.

Todd Oliver 12/21/14 11:39 PM

Well they had to end the Kim and Tommy storyline somehow. AJJ wasn't available so they had to do the letter. Tommy had no reason to go aftter Kat before Kimberly dumped him. He probably needed time before he worried about his next relationship. Especially how rushint in with Heather backfired big time.

VR Master 12/21/14 11:42 PM

MMPR Forever, Kat tried to steal Tommy when she was under Rita's spell. It obviously effected her personality. Once she was freed from Rita's spell she was a good friend to Kim. She was agood friend to Tommy as well. She went out of her way to help Tommy make amends with Heather, when she finally could have gone after him.

By they way Matt I messed up anyway. I shouldnt have assumed Trini was chinese. But I forgot Samurai were Japanese. Mental error on my part. When I said chinese I should have said Japanese.

Spike Hart 01/18/15 09:37 AM

I think Kim and Skull would have made a great couple. it would have been cool for Skull to finally get the girl. Especially since he grew up a lot over the years. I think Spike's mom is Kimberly.

MattEmily 02/19/15 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Forever (Post 50055)
I hated that they had Kimberly write him that letter. It was a slap in the face to MMPR fans. It killed Zeo for me. Tommy and Kat wasn't right. Kat tried to steal Tommy from Kim the whole time. I don't buy her innocent girl act in Zeo. Who knows maybe she wrote the letter and not Kim. She did learn from Rita after all.

you need to take your MMPR rose-colored glasses off. "oh Kimberly is leaving boo-hoo-hoo... that kills MMPR for me. Oh Kat is replacing her so I'm going to automatically hate her because she's not Kimberly. Oh boo-ho-ho. Oh the Machine Empire arrives and are chasing away Rita and Zedd so that kills Zeo for me. Boo-hoo-hoo. Oh Kat and Tommy are dating now so that ruins the show for me boo-hoo-hoo."

Maybe it was a slap in the face to you because you're so dang obsessed with MMPR but you don't make up the whole Ranger Nation of MMPR fans. Some fans are actually quite understandable of why it happened and they do accept it. Kat did NOT under any circumstance steal Tommy. Kimberly dumped him plain and simple and Kat had every right to have feelings for him and it was of Tommy's choosing to go out WITH HER.

and no she did not write the letter. That's just what a hater would claim.

KimandTommy 02/20/15 11:50 AM

I agree with MMPR Forever, Kat was a terrible Ranger and didn't deserve to be a one. I also don't buy the whole evil spell thing. Kat clearly wanted to hurt Kim to get Tommy for herself.

Captain Codfish 02/20/15 11:53 AM

I think Matt is right. You guys are letting nostalgia and your love for Kimberly effect your taste for Kat. Kat was a great Ranger that overcame a lot. She did nice things for people and cared about others above herself. Including Tommy's own happiness.

No Green Spandex 02/20/15 11:57 AM

I'm gonna use my Tommy hate for good here Matt.

By the logic of MMPR and Kim , we are supposed to hate Kat because she was under an evil spell. So does that mean you both hate Tommy for being under one. Look at the bad things he did. He almost destoryed the whole team. Even I don't hate Tommy for being under an evil spell. Personally, I think he was more evil when he became White Ranger...But I digress....

MattEmily 02/20/15 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 52269)
I think Matt is right. You guys are letting nostalgia and your love for Kimberly effect your taste for Kat. Kat was a great Ranger that overcame a lot. She did nice things for people and cared about others above herself. Including Tommy's own happiness.

exactly.

Also something else that I wanted to add is regardless of Spike driving during Samurai that doesn't mean he's like 16 or 18 or whatever. Their driving laws may be different than ours because it's a fictional universe.

Starlight Starbrite 02/20/15 12:01 PM

The MMPR Rangers all drove before they were 16, if you assume MMPR through Zeo is four high school years.

MattEmily 02/20/15 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Green Spandex (Post 52270)
I'm gonna use my Tommy hate for good here Matt.

By the logic of MMPR and Kim , we are supposed to hate Kat because she was under an evil spell. So does that mean you both hate Tommy for being under one. Look at the bad things he did. He almost destoryed the whole team. Even I don't hate Tommy for being under an evil spell. Personally, I think he was more evil when he became White Ranger...But I digress....

good point there. They were both under 1 of Rita's spells... granted Tommy was just under an evil spell that didn't have any inside feelings such as jealousy towards someone but Kat was under an evil spell when she did have feelings for Tommy already but the evil spell actually brought out her jealous full force when she wouldn't have publicly shown such feelings or emotions otherwise.

Also you do have a point with him being the White Ranger since he was a power hog at times including the one instance of him in "A Reel Fish Story" when he destroyed all of the revived fish monsters by himself but had the others take care of the Tube Monster which actually was a good order on his part since it was more important to deal with a Giant creature than to (pardon the pun) worry about the small fish and he likely felt the Megazord could handle the job on its own.

Todd Oliver 02/22/15 01:13 AM

I hated how all the monsters recreated back then we're treated like they were as powerless as foot soldiers.

MattEmily 02/22/15 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starlight Starbrite (Post 52273)
The MMPR Rangers all drove before they were 16, if you assume MMPR through Zeo is four high school years.

well I don't know if we can say all of them were since I don't remember all of them driving personal vehicles but I do remember some of them driving vehicles and we kind of need to kind of assume that MMPR-Zeo is at least 4 High School years since Tommy graduates in early Turbo as do Adam, Kat and Tanya.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd Oliver (Post 52340)
I hated how all the monsters recreated back then we're treated like they were as powerless as foot soldiers.

technically they probably were since keep in mind they were always recreating monsters in masses so it probably divided up their strength in kind of a balancing act if you will since remember the villains were powered by the Morphin' Grid as well.

Captain Codfish 02/22/15 12:19 PM

That would explain the obvious question of why Rita and Zedd never just sent down 100 monsters at once to conquer the Earth. Since it was pretty silly on the surface to go one monster at a a time.

Massive Ego 02/22/15 02:13 PM

There is no way Kim would hook up like a dumbass like Skull. I bet Skull just liked to pretend
Kim was Spike's mother. No way in a million years Kim is to Mom to that idiot's son.

MattEmily 02/22/15 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 52344)
That would explain the obvious question of why Rita and Zedd never just sent down 100 monsters at once to conquer the Earth. Since it was pretty silly on the surface to go one monster at a a time.

indeed it would definitely make sense if we went with the assumption that their magic was powered by the Morphin' Grid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 52354)
There is no way Kim would hook up like a dumbass like Skull. I bet Skull just liked to pretend
Kim was Spike's mother. No way in a million years Kim is to Mom to that idiot's son.

anything is possible though. Such things do happen in real life. I for one did a similar thing but I broke up with the idiot.