Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Barillian Bug Episode (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8616)

PRangerX 02/19/18 12:27 PM

Re: Barillian Bug Episode

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green With Envy (Post 74788)
I think your thinking of another episode. Zhane's Destiny is the one where the KO35 Rebels mistake the former Turbos for evil spies. And it turns out the second in command is Darkconda in disguise. Zhane ends up joining the rebels.

Your right. I was thinking of the episode where Zhane is dealing with his power loss and all the Rangers think he is dying. Zhane ends up using a lighting strike to get his powers back and gets a list of chores when the others find out the truth.

But I also like the episode Zabitan mentioned. The actor who played the rebel leader had a great monologue. He has to be the best actor PR has ever had in a guest staring role. I suspect he had a background in theater. The drama with the rebels is also well done. Plus Darkconda is again showed as a cruel puppetmaster.

I can see with Zabitan thought of the episode. The coral plot is similar to the Barrllian Bug plot.

Boston Ranger Guy 02/19/18 12:35 PM

I was glad when Zhane left for awhile. I never though Zhane was a good fit. He was just too comical to be a Sixth Ranger. And really started what has been a troubling trend of weak personality Sixth Rangers. With a few exceptions like Eric Meyers mixed in.

I'll admit his backstory was good. But after that his role in the series is just pointless. His brief flirtation with Astronema doesn't even go anywhere. We only get a comedic exchange between Zhane and Andrps about it later on.

Green With Envy 02/19/18 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boston Ranger Guy (Post 74790)
I'll admit his backstory was good. But after that his role in the series is just pointless. His brief flirtation with Astronema doesn't even go anywhere. We only get a comedic exchange between Zhane and Andrps about it later on.

Not really a waste. Since it showed Astronema in a sympatheic lite for the first time. Which was important in her redemption arch later on.

Astro Omega 02/19/18 12:38 PM

Wow, this thread is reminds me about all the great episodes we got in PRIS. Anyone that thinks Judd Lynn isn't a good writer should go back and watch some of the episodes discussed in this thread. This season featured some of his best stuff.

Tzachor Era 02/19/18 12:42 PM

I think it was more due to Tzachor finally running the show. After he cleaned up the mess left mid Turbo he was free to do his own thing with Space. I am sure Lynn learned a lot from Jonathon though.

Galaxy Max 02/19/18 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tzachor Era (Post 74793)
I think it was more due to Tzachor finally running the show. After he cleaned up the mess left mid Turbo he was free to do his own thing with Space. I am sure Lynn learned a lot from Jonathon though.

Don't be silly, Judd is the one that cleaned up Turbo...And gave us great seasons like Space, Galaxy, and the part of Time Force that Jonathon didn't mess up. Jonathon only knew to copy Sentai. These seasons were great because Judd took over the writing with Jackie and improved it dramatically. The only reason Judd isn't is good in the Neo Saban Era is due to Saban Brands wanting the show to be written for five year olds to the extreme. At least he doesn't copy Sentai like Jonathon.

Goldar's Revenge 02/19/18 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Judd (Post 74796)
Don't be silly, Judd is the one that cleaned up Turbo...And gave us great seasons like Space, Galaxy, and the part of Time Force that Jonathon didn't mess up. Jonathon only knew to copy Sentai. These seasons were great because Judd took over the writing with Jackie and improved it dramatically. The only reason Judd isn't is good in the Neo Saban Era is due to Saban Brands wanting the show to be written for five year olds to the extreme. At least he doesn't copy Sentai like Jonathon.

To be fair Jonathon wanted to do a Space season like Judd. And agreed to do it, even though Megaranger turned out to be a video game Earth themed series. And the same thing happened with Galaxy. Only they had no Sentai Space Footage to work with.

Judd and Jackie are responsible for the stront writing! But Jonathon did contribute to both seasons in a big way. He really didn't get out of control until Time Force.

I agree that Tzachor Era does overestimate Jonathon. Lynn may have learned some things from Tzachor. But Tzachor probably learned from Lynn. They worked together for a long time. The idea Tzachor wrote the episodes and that Lynn just was his padwaon leaner is fantasy though.

Green With Envy 02/19/18 07:26 PM

Jonathon Tzachor did make plenty of contributions to Power Rangers! But his years of blindly following the Sentai is fair game for criticism.

Sentai Mighty 02/19/18 11:29 PM

It was a terrible episode. Only the episode with Zhane and the power loss was respectful of Megaranger. Out of the three mentioned here. Making Series 6 a Space Season was also dumb.

PRangerX 02/19/18 11:56 PM

The episodes were good because they were original for the most part.