Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   What was Toei thinking? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8583)

White Spandex Rules 02/06/18 12:38 PM

What was Toei thinking?

With the whole making Kibaranger be a kid thing? After they had such a good storyline for Burai? Then they did the same type of kid storyline with Ohranger.

Turbo Guy 02/06/18 12:39 PM

Re: What was Toei thinking?

I don't really follow Sentai. But having a Kid Hero sounds good to me. I loved it shen PR did it with Justin. And wish they would do it again.

Captain Codfish 02/06/18 12:42 PM

As much as people think of Zyuranger being dark. It really wasn't overall. As they had a alot of random kid episodes. Toei just took it a step further with Kibaranger and King Ranger.

Quantum Blue 02/06/18 12:57 PM

At least Kibaranger had a good backstory.

Ninja Steel Ranger 02/06/18 07:28 PM

I didn't know Kibaranger was a kid. That sounds pretty crazy. I didn't think Sentai would do that.

MattEmily 02/06/18 08:15 PM

not only Kibaranger but so was Riki their KingRanger

Zordon's Heroes 02/06/18 08:16 PM

I think Toei just wasn't sure what to do with the Sixth Ranger dynamic at the time. They probably thought the kid Rangers would appeal to their young audience. It is odd there was no Sixth in Kukuranyer or Carranger.

MattEmily 02/06/18 08:26 PM

agreed with you with Kakuranger and while there wasn't a 6th Ranger in Carranger they technically considered Signalman as the team's official 6th member and I think Ninjaman was supposed to represent the 6th Kakuranger member as well

Bandora's Ghost 02/06/18 10:18 PM

They were probably trying to make him totally different from Burai.

Chaos Ranger 02/06/18 11:01 PM

I agree, Kibaranger and King Ranger were both wierd ideas. And they really didn't work at all.

Captain Codfish 02/07/18 11:37 AM

The whole idea of a Sixth Ranger was new even to them still. It is funny how crazy they got with Kiba and King.

Piccolo's Legacy 02/08/18 11:46 AM

It is interesting how they really haven't gone that route since King Ranger. The second Shurikenger in the Huricanenger Reunion Epeecial being the exception.

Massive Ego 02/10/18 10:59 PM

A Ninja Storm reunion was so un-needed. It was a horrible season that started a long string of bad seasons. Why would you even bring anyone back not named Cam?

MMPR Forever 02/11/18 10:07 AM

MMPR wouldn't be the same if they didn't smartly replace Kibaranger with Tommy.

Starlight Starbrite 02/11/18 01:35 PM

Its amazing to think how whacky Kibaranger was.

Usagi Reborn 02/12/18 11:36 AM

Toei has their own way of doing things that works for them.

Astro Omega 02/12/18 12:26 PM

It is telling that they really haven't gone that route again. Shurikenger number 2 being just a one time thing.

Hayley Oliver 02/12/18 12:29 PM

Kibarangers backstory was actually pretty cool. I don't know a lot about King Ranger.

Fanboy Supreme 02/12/18 03:02 PM

They clearly weren't thinking.

Eric Loves Taylor 02/13/18 01:23 PM

Kids as Rangers on any side of the world aren't really good.

Itzy Bitzy Carter 02/13/18 01:30 PM

Neither are Junior Rangers . As evidenced by the Lightspeed/Galaxy team up.

Massive Ego 02/13/18 01:35 PM

That kid was so annoying and ruined it what could have been a great team up. It didn't help that she got more lines then the Galaxy Rangers. Who basically were just there to smile most of the time.

Captain Mutiny 02/14/18 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itzy Bitzy Carter (Post 74303)
Neither are Junior Rangers . As evidenced by the Lightspeed/Galaxy team up.

Jonathan's idea , since he thought it would be easier to adapt the Sentai Footage closely. The Sentai Team Up is where the idea behind the kid came from.

Green With Envy 02/16/18 04:05 PM

They were probably trying to be different than Burai with Kibaranger. But it is interesting that they skipped a year and did another kid Sixth in Ohranger.

Rossovan 03/24/18 06:14 AM

I've just finished watching Dairanger and i really enjoyed it. I had read online about Kou being a kid so it wasn't a shock, he was a bit of pain at first (not to mention him grabbing Lin, the Pink Rangers breasts) but his character did seem to grow during the season.

I can see why they didn't use the Dairanger suits, Kibaranger's is the only one that really would blend with those in MMPR as he has a coin/emblem on his chest that resembles the power coins.

I'm about to start Kakuranger, watching the Sentai's is a chance to see how different the stories are and also just getting to see different footage of Zords and characters i know so well from Power Rangers.

Kimberly Hart 03/24/18 11:49 AM

Didn't they write a lot of children of the day episodes around then? It is not surprising that some of the early Sixth's were kids.

Changeman Returns 03/24/18 11:53 AM

Kou was so much more then just a kid. He had a well written backstory and really grew up a lot.

Lightspeed Fire 03/30/18 11:16 AM

They were trying to appeal to kids. As much as people like to point out how much more mature Sentai can be, it is still targeted towards children.

Titanium Ghost 03/30/18 11:21 AM

Yeah they just have looser standards and practices on Japan Kids TV.