Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why didn't Saban Brands try to buy Fox (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8419)

Original Power Rangers 12/26/17 10:39 PM

Why didn't Saban Brands try to buy Fox

Disney was able to get an agreement to by 20th Century Fox. I think it was a mistake for Saban Brands not to get invovled. It would have been a great way to grow the company. Amd they probably could have purchased all of Fox without any regulator concerns.

MattEmily 12/27/17 05:41 AM

Re: Why didn't Saban Brands try to buy Fox

that's a good question and regulators still have to approve the Fox/Disney deal so it's not a done deal yet but that's probably the main issue Fox only wanted to sell off certain assets but not its whole company.

Original Power Rangers 12/27/17 11:15 AM

But they still could have bought just those assets if Fox said no to the other stuff .

VR Master 12/27/17 11:18 AM

re: Why didn't Saban Brands try to by Fox

I don't think Saban Brands is a big enough company to make those kind of deals. They don't own much besides Power Rangers.

No Green Spandex 12/27/17 11:20 AM

Re: Why didn't Saban Brands try to by Fox

I think Saban still owns Univision.

Captain Mutiny 12/27/17 11:21 AM

Disney was always going to make this deal. They were the clear frontrunners. Saban Brands can't outbid Disney. Even Comcast didn't.

Saban Fan 12/27/17 11:24 AM

I would have loved to have seen what Saban Brands would have done with the X Men movies.

Sailor Saban 12/27/17 11:25 AM

Saban would have brought the Fantastic Four back to prominence with his would be grand plan.

Tzachor Era 12/27/17 11:25 AM

Tzachor would have been a great choice to control those brands.

MattEmily 12/27/17 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original Power Rangers (Post 71259)
But they still could have bought just those assets if Fox said no to the other stuff .

they probably didn't think about it or didn't want to buy all of what Fox wanted to get rid of it was probably a case of either going by what Fox wanted or nothing at all.

Movie Ranger 12/27/17 11:29 AM

I'm more surprised Fox didn't buy Power Rangers themselves, I'm talkong hen Dis 36n sold it. Which would have been funny since Disney would have just bought PR back by default again.

MattEmily 12/27/17 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VR Master (Post 71260)
I don't think Saban Brands is a big enough company to make those kind of deals. They don't own much besides Power Rangers.

true but no one can beat the global giants of Disney and Viacom who likely own 80% of Hollyword and TV-related stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Green Spandex (Post 71261)
I think Saban still owns Univision.

it was sold to Broadcasting Media Partners so I think they only partially own it.

MattEmily 12/27/17 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Movie Ranger (Post 71268)
I'm more surprised Fox didn't buy Power Rangers themselves, I'm talkong hen Dis 36n sold it. Which would have been funny since Disney would have just bought PR back by default again.

why would they want it?

No Green Spandex 12/27/17 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 71270)
true but no one can beat the global giants of Disney and Viacom who likely own 80% of Hollyword and TV-related stuff.

it was sold to Broadcasting Media Partners so I think they only partially own it.

Then they should have bought Fox.

Movie Ranger 12/27/17 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 71272)
why would they want it?

They aired the show before. I figured they might want in on the brand again. Plus they are a bigger company than Saban Brands.

Disney Ranger 12/27/17 12:47 PM

I'm still surprised that Disney didn't hold onto the brand until they wanted to use it. But I am surprised they didn't trade Power Rangers to Fox for Fantasic Four.

In regards to the Fox deal now? Once Disney wants something they get it. No one would be aboe to outbid them. Its better for the American Consumers that Disney ended up with 20 Century Fox anyway.

PRangerX 12/27/17 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Ranger (Post 71277)
I'm still surprised that Disney didn't hold onto the brand until they wanted to use it. But I am surprised they didn't trade Power Rangers to Fox for Fantasic Four.

In regards to the Fox deal now? Once Disney wants something they get it. No one would be able to outbid them. Its better for the American Consumers that Disney ended up with 20 Century Fox anyway.

Why ? It creates more of a monopoly if this gets approved. Thats never good for consumers. As fun as it is to speculate about how Marvel would deal with X Men or Fantastic Four. It just gives the company way too much power .

Disney Ranger 12/27/17 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 71278)
Why ? It creates more of a monopoly if this gets approved. Thats never good for consumers. As fun as it is to speculate about how Marvel would deal with X Men or Fantastic Four. It just gives the company way too much power .

I wouldn't worry anout that too much. Disney isn't like other companies. They always do the right thing for consumers.

Massive Ego 12/27/17 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Ranger (Post 71279)
I wouldn't worry anout that too much. Disney isn't like other companies. They always do the right thing for consumers.

Thats fantasy level delusion. Disney is just like any other company and will do whats best for their bottom line.

Tommy Hater 12/27/17 02:15 PM

I would rather keep X Men its own separate movie franchise but thats probably not what Marvel will do.

Captain Codfish 12/27/17 02:26 PM

Haim Saban is a billionaire but I don't think he is willing to put the ammount of his own personal wealth to take this risk. Saban Brands isn't funded to be as big as Disney. Thry just own PR ane a few other brands! Univision was before and is a separste thing.

Tommy's Dragonzord 12/27/17 02:38 PM

Would be pretty wierd considering he sold all the Fox properties he once owned.He could have just bought out Fox and went on his own instead of selling to Disney.

Ultra Fan Blue 12/27/17 03:22 PM

Saban Brands had no interest. Only Disney and Comcast seemed to have real interest.And Comcast didn't get very far. Disney was the main buyer from the beginning.

I am surprised CBS didn't make a serious run. Since they are have their own streaming service. And may or may not be associated with Paramount Pictures if CBS and Viacom ever reverse their split. But there is nothing saying CBS couldn't run 20th Century Fox if the regulators approved it.

PRangerX 12/29/17 11:43 PM

I don't feel like anyone was gonna make the deal except for Disney.