Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Xandred a weak villain (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6543)

Usagi Reborn 03/06/15 11:42 AM

Xandred a weak villain

Xandred was just too generic for me. Thats all he did half the time was complain about his headaches and need for medicine. He didn't come off as a lead villain to me. I like Amit's idea of having the Deker character be the lead villain with a different back story.

MattEmily 03/06/15 04:11 PM

Re: Xandred a weak villain

I agree that Master Xandred was definitely a weak villain but I didn't like Amit's vision of things with using Shinkenger footage. He goes way too overboard on his visions.

Captain Codfish 03/06/15 04:31 PM

Actually, Amit still had Master Xandred as the big bad in the finalie. Deker was just the main villian for most of the season.

Gosei Gold 03/06/15 04:33 PM

I'm confused...Didn't Amit work on Wid Force and the original NS that was to be before MMPR Productions shut down? What did he have to do with Samurai and what is this other version?

MattEmily 03/06/15 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gosei Gold (Post 53062)
I'm confused...Didn't Amit work on Wid Force and the original NS that was to be before MMPR Productions shut down? What did he have to do with Samurai and what is this other version?

yes but he was part of Samurai as well. He was let go at some point though presumably either during Samurai or after it.

KimandTommy 03/06/15 10:42 PM

He was a consultant during Samurai. Not sure how many of his ideas made it on the air. Tony Oliver was a consultant as well. Apparently dealing with a lot of the Bulk and Spike stuff. Amit actually had an outline for how he would have adapted Shurikenger into Samurai. The pitch wasn't picked up. So its nothing official . But Amit posted about it in his blog.

Dayu's Tears 03/23/15 04:56 PM

Deker and Dayu were much more interesting.

Dino Charger 04/01/15 08:26 PM

Xandred was pretty bad ass. He was just weak for most of the season due to his previous defeat.

MattEmily 04/02/15 09:18 PM

Xandred was definitely a pathetic villain that's for sure but that was mostly because of the previous seal that was placed on him since even though he was able to awake the seal still made him suffer to the point that he couldn't cross over into our dimension without the necessary power otherwise he would instantly become weak however IMO that just makes him an even weaker villain since he couldn't do anything for most of the season whereas other evil leaders would at least do something such as coming up with a plan or whatever but he never did that either.

Rita = She regularly went to Finster to get a Monster made from him after sometimes coming up with an idea on her own. She would also go to Earth a few times to watch the action unfold.

Zedd = He would usually come up with the plans he went with on his own and also usually made his own monsters.

King Mondo = Didn't do a whole lot at first except come up with his own plans. He fought the Zeo Rangers at least a couple times.
Divatox = Didn't do a whole lot of fighting but she did some planning but not much.
Astronema = She fought the Space Rangers a lot and also was responsible for most of the plans.
Scorpius = Didn't do much.
Trakeena = She did a lot including fighting and planning.
Diabolico = He was mostly a planner and not a fighter.
Olympius = He was more of a fighter but also was a planner.
Bansheera = Didn't do a whole lot but she was mostly a planner.
Ransik = Mostly a planner.
Master Org = Mostly a planner.
Lothor = Planner.
Mesogog = Planner.
Gruumm = Planner.
Underworld Villains = Mostly planners except for Imperius, the 10 Terrors and the fully formed Master.
Dai-Shi = Mostly a fighter.
Venjix = A bit of both.
Xandred = Neither.

Kimmy Repulsa 04/08/15 11:59 AM

He seemed weak because he wasn't at full strength for most of the seaon.