Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   why couldn't Wes go to the future? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7628)

WesJen 12/11/16 01:02 AM

why couldn't Wes go to the future?

Wes was from the present but was fated to die. Why couldn't he just return home with the others? Certainly he should have been able to afterwards since he was originally supposed to die.

Goldar's Revenge 12/11/16 01:04 AM

Re: why couldn't Wes go to the future?

Time Force suffers because stuff like this contradicts the everyone makes your own destiny mantra. Wes and Jen should have been allowed to stay together in one of the timelines.

Time Force Traitor 12/11/16 01:06 AM

Wes was originally supposed to take over for his Dad before the Destiny arch. Wes wasn't fated to die until after that. Once they changed that a new future for Wes was made. So Time Force wouldn't let him come to the future.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed 12/11/16 01:09 AM

Its also worth noting that Wes had to stay in the past to stop Frax. If all the Rangers returned Ransik and Frax would have free riegn. Alex was able to send the others back because he saw Wes and Eric were able to defeat Frax. It was just at the cost of Wes' life and possibly Eric's.

Destiny Defeated 12/11/16 01:12 AM

I think it was more that they were doing what was right by staying apart. If they changed the timeline for there own personal gain... They would have been just as bad as Ransik was in the beginning. Making your own destiny does not mean selfisly altering time.

Jen's Revenge 12/11/16 12:35 PM

Actually having Wes go to the future wouldn't have been write. Even if history was already rewritten...Just going to the future would be crossing the line for Wes.

KimandTommy 12/11/16 12:37 PM

This is another reason I can't get into Time Force. They didn't even let there couple get together in the end. Even if I wasn't that interested in them. Its just that I like there to be some couple to ship.

PRangerX 12/11/16 12:42 PM

It really hurt to see them have to leave each other. I know some argue the make your own destiny thing should have allowed them to find a way to stay together. But I also agree about radically altering history for personal gain is a step too far. Wes making decisions in his own life to alter his personal future is one thing but changing history just to be together with Jen in the future would have been totally selfish.

And in a lot of ways I actually respected that plot point. Since it made for a very mature place for a PR relationship to go. And added to there love story. Lets be honest a lot of on screen love stories are written where the two lovers don't live happily rver after or after tk give each other for love or other personaly responsibolities. It makes there love mean more in a dramatic fashion. As much as I wanted Jen and Wes to get together its good writing that they didn't.

Goldar's Revenge 12/11/16 12:42 PM

Judd Lynn actually hated that they didn't get back together. Due to the whole destiny thing.

Captain Codfish 12/11/16 12:43 PM

That he did...But I can actually see a strong argument for them not being able to be together.

KimandTommy 12/11/16 12:45 PM

Thats silly, a love story should always end with the two characters getting together. Unless onenof the characters is bad.

PRangerX 12/11/16 12:47 PM

I just wanted to add that the one thing missing from their goodbye scene was a kiss. That would have made the scene more powerful. At least wengot a reunion in the team up. Even if we only got a brief romantic momments between the two. Of course the TF Rangers had to return to the future. So it doesn't cheapen the first good bye .

Itzy Bitzy Carter 12/11/16 12:48 PM

I always thought it was wierd that they didn't show them going to the future again.

Captain Codfish 12/11/16 12:50 PM

We already got a good bye scene in the finalie so it would have been redundant to do it again.

Smarty Pants Rose 12/11/16 03:57 PM

Both of there loves were in there own time periods. It was unfair for either of them to ask the other one to leave theres. Plus Wes and Eric probably ended up being key to the creation of SPD. And perhaps ties to even Time Force.

Quasar Saber 12/11/16 04:03 PM

The events of Time Force are entirely the result of Alex trying to manipulate the past to create a better future. The idea of not changing the past was only a ruse. He needed Doomtron destoryed since it would create a worse future.

Wes and Eric were always supposed to die and the Time Force team recalled. When Jen and her crew decided to go to the past Alex's plans were ended. He resigned himself to this. Jen knew they had to return since Time Force would never allow them to be together. The only reason Wes and Eric kept their morphers were for the teams ups they were later in. Once they transpired the morphers were recovered. Its also possible that they were reversed engineered for SPD. Which would have played a role in Time Force being formed. Alex never wanted Time Force gone.

Doomsday 12/11/16 04:20 PM

Actually the events in Time Force were caused by Alex himself. Originally, Alex led the team to the past. But everyone died except himself. Alex blamed himself and desperately wanted Jen back. So he arranged for his DNA to be implanted into Mrs. Collins to produce Wes. Who was designed to be his replacement. He also made it possible for Eric to become the Quantom Ranger. This resulted in a new timeline with a new Alex that is the one that dies in "Force From The Future". The original Alex used further time travel to cement himself as the unseen head of Time Force. Until after the Rangers are in the past and he reveals himself to Logan.

The plan started to go to hell when Doomtron was created and the timeline started to change again due to the Time Force's actions. Alex began to think of Wes as a faliure and for softening up the Time Force team. When he was supposed to acclimate them to the past and make them stronger in the process. So Alex went back in time during the destiny arch to take command himself. Getting rid of Wes by making him think he had to take over for Mr. Collins. Due to Wes's actions and successful destruction of Frax's Zord, Alex realized Wes was doing his job and should be left in place. Collins was healed because Biolabs neded him or Wes to run it. Bio labs was important for the future.

Alex reverted to the previous plan which invovled the sacrifice of Wes and Eric's injury. The original Time Force Rangers were recalled to make sure they were saved. But all this ended when Jen made her decision to return to help Wes. Thus resulting in an entriely new timeline where the future is much less fascist. Alex Prime lost all his behind the scenes power but "Force From the Future" Alex is still dead.. Thats why Jen still has to overcome her mistrust of Ransi k in "Reinforcements From The Future. Or at least demonstrate it in that scene where she takes Ransik's hand.

Time Force Traitor 12/11/16 09:32 PM

It would have been cool to see Wes go to the future.. But it was probably for the best that he didn"t.... Storywise and in universe.

Massive Ego 12/11/16 09:33 PM

People in this thread are being fan fic writers again.

Wes couldn't return to the future because it wasn't right for him to leave his own time.

Super Zeo Ranger 12/11/16 11:56 PM

I think the TF Rangers should have stayed to make their own destiny. Jen and Wes should have got together for good.

WesJen 12/11/16 11:58 PM

I still say Wes should have went to the future. I don't think it would have effected the timeline. If with changung history. With Collins alive saving Wes wasn't crucial to preserving the timeline.

Super Rad 12/12/16 12:03 PM

This thread reminds me why Time Force was such a great season. The fact we can debate the morality of both aides and there motivations in amazing. I really wish the show still had this kind of depth. This was the last good season that they had.

Time Arrow 12/12/16 12:15 PM

I would have liked to have seen Wes go to the future. It would have been awesome. Eric could have stayed behind to protect the past.

Saban Fan 12/13/16 09:49 AM

Wild Force really should have been the continuation of Wes's story. With Eric as part of a new team. Wes would be Blue and Eric would be black. Taylor would be Yellow and Max would be Blue. Alyssa could still be White. Cole would have the same origin as Red Ranger .

White Tiger Fan 12/13/16 09:50 AM

I'm actually surprised Amit didn't push for that. Not that Wild Force wasn't great as it is.

Goldar's Revenge 12/13/16 09:53 AM

Jonathon would have never let him. Since he felt Amit should stick to basics as a first time story editor. I don't believe Amit had any plans to do Wild Force as a Time Force sequel though.

Changeman Returns 12/13/16 09:56 AM

I appreciated that they stuck with Wild Force stickinf close to Gaoranger. It really did what American Sentai should do. It was a good call by Jonathon.

Power Rangers Forever 12/13/16 09:57 AM

They at least added Master Org and changed up Cole from his Sentai Counterpart.

Changeman Returns 12/13/16 09:59 AM

Those were the weaker parts of the season though. It got to far away fron the Sentai. But at least Wild Force stuck close to Gaorangsr for the most part in other areas.

Princess Org 12/13/16 10:26 AM

I really like Wild Force. I just think there should have been a Princess Org.

I think Time Force Rangers should have stayed in the past. Jen and Wes should have lived happily ever after.

Inner Senshi 12/13/16 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 61244)
It really hurt to see them have to leave each other. I know some argue the make your own destiny thing should have allowed them to find a way to stay together. But I also agree about radically altering history for personal gain is a step too far. Wes making decisions in his own life to alter his personal future is one thing but changing history just to be together with Jen in the future would have been totally selfish.

And in a lot of ways I actually respected that plot point. Since it made for a very mature place for a PR relationship to go. And added to there love story. Lets be honest a lot of on screen love stories are written where the two lovers don't live happily rver after or after tk give each other for love or other personaly responsibolities. It makes there love mean more in a dramatic fashion. As much as I wanted Jen and Wes to get together its good writing that they didn't.

Its just a kids show. They should have ended up together. I don't think kissing would be appropriate though.

KimandTommy 12/13/16 10:29 AM

But Kim and Tommy got to kiss? But I don't realky like Wes and Jen anyway.

Sentai Envy 12/13/16 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Fanatic (Post 61379)
Those were the weaker parts of the season though. It got to far away fron the Sentai. But at least Wild Force stuck close to Gaorangsr for the most part in other areas.

It pissed me off that they did that. Because they adapted Gaoranger so well besides that. Why do American Sentai Producers have to make it so complicated. Just adapt Sentai scene by scene and its easy. Plus cheaper, which they should like.

Sentai Snob 12/13/16 12:23 PM

I can't get too mad about it though. They did such a good job adapting Gaoranger that Master Org doesn't ruin things.

Maligore 12/13/16 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Envy (Post 61397)
It pissed me off that they did that. Because they adapted Gaoranger so well besides that. Why do American Sentai Producers have to make it so complicated. Just adapt Sentai scene by scene and its easy. Plus cheaper, which they should like.

Even Saban and Disney ain't that cheap.

Massive Ego 12/13/16 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Senshi (Post 61389)
Its just a kids show. They should have ended up together. I don't think kissing would be appropriate though.

No one was expected anything too adult. You can have drama and love in a kids show.

PRangerX 12/13/16 12:34 PM

Them all staying in the past would have made the most sense. Too bad they didn't sitck with the idea of Time Force being corrupt They could have strived to make a better future. .

Yellow Fan Forever 12/13/16 12:35 PM

But then Katie and the other Rangers couldn't see there families again. By changing history they would risk erasing them from existence.

Chaos Ranger 12/19/16 02:21 PM

If Wes returned to the future Time Force never would have allowed him to stay. if The others stayed behind they would have been hunted down.

Time Force Traitor 12/20/16 01:07 PM

I agree there. Wes would not have been a allowed to stay. And Time Force would have made sure the Rangers returned home. But I still disagree with Time Force being evil.