Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   I want to be a Power Ranger (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8384)

PRFan4Ever 12/20/17 11:23 AM

I want to be a Power Ranger

How do I get a role as a Ranger on the show? Perferably the season after Super Ninja Steel.

PRangerX 12/20/17 11:24 AM

Re: I want to be a Power Ranger

Your best bet is to go to acting school and get an agent. Get experience and audition for the show when. you are ready. Which will probably be longer than the following season.

Goldar's Revenge 12/20/17 11:27 AM

Acting is hard work. And itsnot that easy to succeed. I wouldn't presue it just because you want to get on Power Rangers. Do it because its the career you want to have .

A Gia To Remember 12/20/17 11:28 AM

It would be cool to play a Ranger though.

Maligore 12/20/17 11:39 AM

You won't make a lot of mlney since Saban Brands is too cheap.

PRFan4Ever 12/20/17 11:42 AM

Thanks guys. I don't really have the time or money for acting classes. And I can't really see myself getting an agent. I really don't want to be in anything else. I just want to play a Power Ranger for a season. Money isn't an issue. I'll even do my own stunts! I was kinda just hoping to audition and get the role. I am a big fan and understand what they want in Ranger Actors.

Massive Ego 12/20/17 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRFan4Ever (Post 70854)
Thanks guys. I don't really have the time or money for acting classes. And I can't really see myself getting an agent. I really don't want to be in anything else. I just want to play a Power Ranger for a season. Money isn't an issue. I'll even do my own stunts! I was kinda just hoping to audition and get the role. I am a big fan and understand what they want in Ranger Actors.

Sounds like you would be better off finding a cosplay group or something. There is more to being on the show than "playing a Power Ranger".

Goldar's Revenge 12/20/17 11:48 AM

I figured this was going where it was going. No offense but it sounds like you just want to be on the show because you are a fan and think it will be fun to play a Power Ranger. Its not some game . Acting is a very hard job that really has a low success rate. They aren't going to cast you because you are a fan. Certainly not for such a major role as a Power Ranger. And I am very curious about this next question. Do you understand that even if you were cast, you would have to live in New Zealand for several months?

MattEmily 12/20/17 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 70844)
Your best bet is to go to acting school and get an agent. Get experience and audition for the shlw whe. you are ready. Which will probably be longer than the following season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maligore (Post 70853)
You won't make a lot of mlney since Saban Brands is too cheap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRFan4Ever (Post 70854)
Thanks guys. I don't really have the time or money for acting classes. And I can't really see myself getting an agent. I really don't want to be in anything else. Imjust want to play a Power Rangers for a season. Money isn't an issue. I'll even do my own stunts! I was kinda just hoping to audition and get the role. I am a big fan and understand what thry want in Ranger Actors.

exactly as PRangerX and our resident "cheap bird" Maligore said.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge (Post 70856)
I figured this was going where it was going. No offense but it sounds like you just want to be on the show because you are a fan and think it will be fun to play a Power Ranger. Its not some game . Acting is a very hard job that really has a low success rate. They aren't going to cast you because you are a fan. Certainly not for such a major role as a Power Ranger. And I am very curious about this next question. Do you understand that even if you were cast, you would have to live in New Zealand for several months?

Goldar's Revenge is partially correct.
You would have to be at Power Morphicon for the cast reveal then you leave for New Zealand soon afterwards for boot camp and filming and your holiday won't start until sometime in December at which point you're allowed to go back home for Christmas and New Year's but you'll have to go back in the middle of January and can't leave until filming has wrapped in May.
Also on top of all of that you generally have to get up way early in the morning like 4 or 5 their time and you would have like 16 hour days.

Doomsday 12/20/17 07:25 PM

Suffice it to say, being an actor isn't fun. If you just want to cosplay PR, you don't become an actor to do it. If you don't want to go to acting school or get an agent, I don't see how you will have any real chance to get on the show.

Dino Blaze 12/20/17 07:42 PM

I'd only want to be in a season that was like MMPR or DinoThunder. But its unlikely I would get a role like that. Since I am not a serious actor.

MattEmily 12/20/17 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doomsday (Post 70881)
Suffice it to say, being an actor isn't fun. If you just want to cosplay PR, you don't become an actor to do it. If you don't want to go to acting school or ger an agent, I don't see how you will have any real chance to get on the show.

acting school is one thing but not everyone has agents

Fanboy Supreme 12/20/17 08:21 PM

If any fan gets this type of role it would be me. I would only work 8 hour days though.

PRangerX 12/20/17 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 70893)
acting school is one thing but not everyone has agents

It is a tremendous asset to have one and most serious actors do. I think he will have a hard time navigating through all the business stuff without a good agent.

Massive Ego 12/20/17 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanboy Supreme (Post 70901)
If any fan gets this type of role it would be me. I would only work 8 hour days though.

You should get an agent to then.

MattEmily 12/20/17 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanboy Supreme (Post 70901)

you would have no choice in the matter if you wanted the role since you would have to agree to their terms not your terms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 70907)
It is a tremendous asset to have one and most serious actors do. I think he will have a hard time navigating through all the business stuff without a good agent.

that's true

No Green Spandex 12/20/17 08:35 PM

Yeah at the very least the suggestions of acting school and getting an agent are a healthy way to start. He should really do his research and think about how serious he is about this. Because its a serious commitment. And honestly not something likely to happen.

Captain Mutiny 12/20/17 10:35 PM

Sorry, Hollywood doesn't work this way. You need to be serious about this and make this not just about Power Rangers. Or its just not gonna happen.

MattEmily 12/20/17 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Mutiny (Post 70942)
Sorry, Hollywood doesn't work this way. You need to be serious about this and make this not just about Power Rangers. Or its just not gonna happen.

exactly not to mention a newbie doesn't set their schedule they have to deal with the schedule that they get

Sentai Envy 12/20/17 10:53 PM

I can help you get on the show. But you need to join the Sentai Snobs.

PRangerX 12/20/17 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Envy (Post 70949)
I can help you get on the show. But you need to join the Sentai Snobs.

Don't be ridiculous. We are trying to show this guy the reality of what he wants. Don't make silly promises you can't keep just to get him to join your club.

Sentai Is Forever 12/20/17 11:02 PM

I don't know why anyone would want to star in American Sentai. Appearing in Super Sentai would be much more rewarding.

No Green Spandex 12/20/17 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever (Post 70954)
I don't know why anyone would want to star in American Sentai. Appearing in Super Sentai would be much more rewarding.

And its only a million times harder.

Massive Ego 12/20/17 11:03 PM

This thread is getting crazy.

Sentai Is Forever 12/21/17 11:37 AM

Starring in a Super Sentai Series would be a dream come true. If I was cast in American Sentai, I wouldn't bother showing up. Maybe I'd be open to a VA role but only if it was true to Super Sentai.

MattEmily 12/21/17 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever (Post 70977)
Starring in a Super Sentai Series would be a dream come true. If I was cast in American Sentai, I wouldn't bother showing up. Maybe 'd be open to a VA role but only if it was true to Super Sentai.

then you'd be sued for violating a contract. No one would be that stupid to face a lawsuit.

Gosei Gold 12/21/17 05:23 PM

I don't think its that easy to be cast in a show like this. We'd all be lucky to be extras.

MattEmily 12/21/17 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gosei Gold (Post 70985)
I don't think its that easy to be cast in a show like this. We'd all be lucky to be extras.

yea it's not some people have tried for years Peter (Preston in Ninja Steel) even tried for Megaforce as did Yoshi

PRFan4Ever 12/21/17 07:27 PM

I figured maybe I could get an expanded break like Tommy did. They could use the same techniques they used for the missing Rangers in season 2 and Tommy in DinoThunder. Moving to New Zealand would be tough but I think I could make it work. They would work with me if they liked me for the roll.

I'm not really interested in acting in Sentai. Power Rangers is my dream role. I think if I audition I can win the role. Maybe I can even play the Red Ranger.

Adam White Tiger 12/21/17 07:35 PM

I wish I could have been an extra for "Once A Ranger".

Tzachor Era 12/21/17 07:47 PM

Maybe Tzachor would cast a fan if they brought him back. He did hire a fan Story Editor.

MattEmily 12/21/17 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRFan4Ever (Post 70998)
I figured maybe I could get an expanded break like Tommy did. They could use the same techniques they used for the missing Rangers in season 2 and Tommy in DinoThunder. Moving to New Zealand would be tough but I think I could make it work. They would work with me if they liked me for the roll.

I'm not really interested in acting in Sentai. Power Rangers is my dream role. I think if I audition I can win the role. Maybe I can even play the Red Ranger.

only the special people would be able to negotiate the same kind of terms that JDF got for Dino Thunder they would've only done that for Ranger alumni which you aren't you're not even a celebrity and no they wouldn't work with you no matter how much they may like you for any kind of role you're not a celebrity so you wouldn't be getting special treatment like that

Tzachor Era 12/21/17 07:52 PM

I bet Tzachor would work with him if he thought it was worth it.

VR Master 12/21/17 07:56 PM

If your somehow cast as a Ranger, there is no way you will be able to dictate terms. You will have to do things their way or turn down the role.

PRFan4Ever 12/21/17 08:10 PM

Well I kinda figured they would really want me if they saw me audition and I could negotiate my terms. But I guess I would have to stay in New Zealand as long as they need me. But the 16 hour days wouldn't be that bad. It would be like playing Power Rangers all day.

Goldar's Revenge 12/21/17 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRFan4Ever (Post 71011)
Well I kinda figured they would really want me if they saw me audition and I could negotiate my terms. But I guess I would have to stay in New Zealand as long as they need me. But the 16 hour days wouldn't be that bad. It would be like playing Power Rangers all day.

It doesn't work like that. Your not playing Power Rangers. Your working long hours on a set shooting multi takes of various scenes. This wouldn't be a cosplay group.

MattEmily 12/22/17 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRFan4Ever (Post 71011)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge (Post 71012)
It doesn't work like that. Your not playing Power Rangers. Your working long hours on a set shooting multi takes of various scenes. This wouldn't be a cosplay group.

You wouldn't be special enough in order to negotiate terms in their eyes.

And no you wouldn't be playing Power Rangers. It's not the same thing as cosplaying, in fact the odds of you even wearing the suit on set would be extremely slim. Most people just wear their suits for promotional purposes, granted you have to do a fitting beforehand... So they can tailor your suit to your measurements.

Stunt doubles are the ones who wear the suits. They'd be off doing their own work while you're shooting your own stuff.

Peter (Preston on Ninja Steel) even said that he only got to wear the suit 3 times.

PRFan4Ever 12/22/17 11:45 AM

Thats why I would be willing to do my own stunts. It would be so fun. I bet they have some good battles off screen.

MattEmily 12/22/17 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRFan4Ever (Post 71033)
Thats why I would be willing to do my own stunts. It would be so fun. I bet they have some good battles off screen.

it wouldn't matter if you did your own stunts you still wouldn't do the Ranger action.

Let's use Zeo as an example.

The hero team (that'd be Catherine, Nakia, JDF, etc. meaning the actors who portray the characters) would've been off filming Power Chamber, school and Youth Center stuff while the stunt team would've been elsewhere fighting Cogs and other monsters.

Billy in The Middle 12/22/17 06:46 PM

Yeah, I don't think the op really understands how hard it really is. And its hard enough as it is to just get the role.