Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Was Eric a jerk? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7329)

Rita's Pita 09/06/16 08:47 PM

Was Eric a jerk?

He seemed like such a Jerk. He didn't deserve to be a Ranger. He only cared about being successful and not about helping others. He was mean to Wes after he always was so nice to him. He was mean to Jen when she tried to tell him about the mission. Just because of his own ego. Then his turn at the end felt so forced and really made me wish Wes just kicked his but in the end.

Captain Codfish 09/06/16 09:02 PM

Re: Was Eric a jerk?

He was a multi dimensional character. He was meant to be different from the usual Ranger and never really felt like part of the team until the Wild Force team up. And that was fine. It was something different. Which is refreshing when you think of the stale formula Six Rangers have been stuck in for years since.

MMPR Forever 09/06/16 09:03 PM

Eric would never have cut it on Zordon's team. He broke all the power promises for his own personal gain. He would have been stripped of his powers. Tommy probably would have gotten them after he lost the Green Powers.

Captain Mutiny 09/07/16 11:48 AM

Eric was the most interesting Sixth Ranger for all the things the op mentions for not liking the character.

Starlight Starbrite 09/07/16 08:13 PM

He was a jerk but he was our jerk lol. Thats what made him a good character. Plus he became a nicer guy in the end anyway.

Power Rangers Forever 09/07/16 08:16 PM

I would have loved to see a buddy cop series with Wes and Eric.

Khan's Wrath 09/08/16 08:30 PM

He liked to act tough but he ended up being a pretty nice guy. He didn't give the Ranger's secret away to Collins.....He gave that birdcage to the little girl when he thought he was leaving....He helped Wes distribute the anti-dote to Venomark's position..... And ultimately teamed up with Wes in the end.

Chef Mia 09/12/16 10:55 PM

I never liked Eric. He should have lost his powers in the end. He should have been one of the bad guys. It wasn't believable how Wes befriended him.

Uncle Steve 09/12/16 10:57 PM

Eric had a reason for why he acted like he did. I liked having a Ranger that wasn't necessary on the side of our heroes but wasn't bad either. The character really grew as the season went on. Wes and Eric were really the same in the end, it made sense their rivalry became a friendship. Eric earned the right to be a true Ranger.

Delta Max 09/12/16 10:58 PM

You get the feeling Eric was very regretful for not getting to know the Time Force team better during the Wild Force team up.