Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Rumored Rangers That MIGHT be returning next year (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7840)

MattEmily 12/24/17 09:26 AM

Re: Rumored Rangers That MIGHT be returning next year

so that should hopefully make it good

Ransik Lives 12/24/17 06:05 PM

I think these team ups have become progressively worse in terms of importwnce and writing. I'm talking about the anniversary team ups. Only FR was good.

White Tiger Fan 12/26/17 12:10 PM

FR was the best because it was written by Amit. He would have done a much better job with the others.

Byron Stinger 12/26/17 12:28 PM

This should allow them to do their own thing and not be bogged down like in LB.

MattEmily 02/12/18 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ransik Lives (Post 71131)
I think these team ups have become progressively worse in terms of importwnce and writing. I'm talking about the anniversary team ups. Only FR was good.

Once a Ranger wasn't bad but Legendary Battle was bad that's just because they wasted so much potential, we didn't see all Rangers fighting and of the 11 Ranger actors who returned we really only saw 2 who were fighting as morphed Rangers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byron Stinger (Post 71176)
This should allow them to do their own thing and not be bogged down like in LB.

I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Tiger Fan (Post 71171)
FR was the best because it was written by Amit. He would have done a much better job with the others.

no he wouldn't have he has no concept of budget his mind is just a fan mind writing a FanFiction..

KimandTommy 02/13/18 11:40 AM

I just hope Kat and Karone aren't brougt back as Rangers. They can only come back as villains this time. Super Megaforce already messed up continuity with Karone.

MattEmily 02/13/18 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 74291)
I just hope Kat and Karone aren't brougt back as Rangers. They can only come back as villains this time. Super Megaforce already messed up continuity with Karone.

Catherine was on the list of rumored Ranger actors that were returning but they didn't get much confirmation on that.

Massive Ego 02/13/18 01:40 PM

Thats a shame as Sutherland has never been back.

MattEmily 02/13/18 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 74307)
Thats a shame as Sutherland has never been back.

it doesn't mean she's not back it could just mean they're not getting anything out of her or her "people" and she wasn't spotted in New Zealand by other people there

VR Master 02/14/18 11:25 AM

I just hope they get to do more than the returning Rangers in Super Megaforce.

lunarwolf 04/12/18 09:35 AM

•Jason David Frank (Tommy Oliver, Mighty Morphin Green Ranger)
•Catherine Sutherland (Katherine Hillard, Zeo Pink Ranger)
•Pua Magasiva (Shane Clark, Ninja Storm Red Ranger)
•Jason Faunt (Wes Collins, Time Force Red Ranger)
•Nic Sampson (Chip Thorn, Mystic Force Yellow Ranger)
•Sally Martin (Tori Hanson, Ninja Storm Blue Ranger)
•Erin Cahill (Jen Scott, Time Force Pink Ranger)
•Johnny Yong Bosch (Adam Park, Zeo Green Ranger)
•Nakia Burrise (Tanya Sloan, Zeo Yellow Ranger)

Content from Power Rangers NOW: https://www.powerrangersnow.com/rumo...meos-revealed/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGn42G27u64

MattEmily 04/12/18 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunarwolf (Post 75779)
•Jason David Frank (Tommy Oliver, Mighty Morphin Green Ranger)
•Catherine Sutherland (Katherine Hillard, Zeo Pink Ranger)
•Pua Magasiva (Shane Clark, Ninja Storm Red Ranger)
•Jason Faunt (Wes Collins, Time Force Red Ranger)
•Nic Sampson (Chip Thorn, Mystic Force Yellow Ranger)
•Sally Martin (Tori Hanson, Ninja Storm Blue Ranger)
•Erin Cahill (Jen Scott, Time Force Pink Ranger)
•Johnny Yong Bosch (Adam Park, Zeo Green Ranger)
•Nakia Burrise (Tanya Sloan, Zeo Yellow Ranger)

Content from Power Rangers NOW: https://www.powerrangersnow.com/rumo...meos-revealed/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGn42G27u64

that was the original list but Erin isn't able to come due to union issues.

Miki1988 04/13/18 06:21 AM

My opinion on the whole union thing is that Saban just to needs to make a list of union actors that CAN and union actors that CAN'T come back and just stick to it. The rest could either come back or not as it's completely their choice. Now I don't know how many PR cast members are union, but I think this would make things a bit easier for both the production and the old and newer fans.

It's a shame they couldn't get Erin back, but it's understandable since she has to follow ad respect certain rules. Jen is my favorite character from TF, but why have another Ranger be there and not be able to take their helmet off, right?

PRangerX 04/13/18 11:33 AM

Its interesting that Faunt is still returning

MattEmily 04/13/18 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miki1988 (Post 75782)
My opinion on the whole union thing is that Saban just to needs to make a list of union actors that CAN and union actors that CAN'T come back and just stick to it. The rest could either come back or not as it's completely their choice. Now I don't know how many PR cast members are union, but I think this would make things a bit easier for both the production and the old and newer fans.

It's a shame they couldn't get Erin back, but it's understandable since she has to follow ad respect certain rules. Jen is my favorite character from TF, but why have another Ranger be there and not be able to take their helmet off, right?

it's not Saban who decides on the union actors who come back or don't generally it's the Executive Producer who asks around and it falls on the actor then to decide if they want to do it or not.

Basically anyone from MMPR-Wild Force would be union. There's a few Disney Rangers who became union later on due to starring in certain shows like a few from RPM for example and I think Dino Thunder's Emma and S.P.D's Brandon are also union.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 75783)
Its interesting that Faunt is still returning

that's not too much of a shock

PRangerX 04/14/18 05:41 PM

But Erin was on the series in time force? As was Faunt?

PRFan4Ever 04/14/18 05:44 PM

If I was a formerly actor I wouldn't let being union or not ruin my chances of coming back. Of course I would never leave the show to begin with lol.

MattEmily 04/14/18 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 75795)
But Erin was on the series in time force? As was Faunt?

yup but it's a different apple between the 2. Erin still works so she can't risk her union membership whereas Jason doesn't do much work so he doesn't care as much about the membership or the fact he'll be treated different for working on a non-union program.

PRangerX 04/14/18 08:21 PM

Right. that makes more sense.

Nadira Rocks 04/14/18 08:22 PM

Erin Cahill is not a true fan if she allows the union to come between her and PR.

Massive Ego 04/14/18 08:27 PM

You're right. She isn't a fan. She is a professional actress and has a career to think about. Whether she likes PR or not is redundant.

Miki1988 04/15/18 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 75791)
it's not Saban who decides on the union actors who come back or don't generally it's the Executive Producer who asks around and it falls on the actor then to decide if they want to do it or not.

Basically anyone from MMPR-Wild Force would be union. There's a few Disney Rangers who became union later on due to starring in certain shows like a few from RPM for example and I think Dino Thunder's Emma and S.P.D's Brandon are also union.

that's not too much of a shock

I know Saban can't decide on the union actors who come back. What I said I only meant it in a way so that Saban has a list of the union cast members who can and can't come back as a reference. He would only try to get the ones who can, but would skip those who can't. I know the union stuff has some rules that need to be followed, but that shouldn't stop Saban from having a "reference"-type of list. If that means that no-one who has the union membership can come back (or a very little number of cast members), than Saban can only do what is in his power to make the show go on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadiera Rocks (Post 75800)
Erin Cahill is not a true fan if she allows the union to come between her and PR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 75801)
You're right. She isn't a fan. She is a professional actress and has a career to think about. Whether she likes PR or not is redundant.

That's right. Even if she would like to come back (and I'm sure she does want to), she can't. She has to do what she needs to do and that's her priorities. She has to think about her and her family, because if she looses the membership, she looses at least a part of her incomes.

MattEmily 04/15/18 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadiera Rocks (Post 75800)

that's because she isn't a fan of the show now granted she enjoyed her time as Jen but her family needs to come first. Attacking her just because she isn't coming back is just plain dumb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 75801)

yup exactly but redundant is a poor choice of words the word you're looking for is "irrelevant."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miki1988 (Post 75804)
I know Saban can't decide on the union actors who come back. What I said I only meant it in a way so that Saban has a list of the union cast members who can and can't come back as a reference. He would only try to get the ones who can, but would skip those who can't. I know the union stuff has some rules that need to be followed, but that shouldn't stop Saban from having a "reference"-type of list. If that means that no-one who has the union membership can come back (or a very little number of cast members), than Saban can only do what is in his power to make the show go on.

That's right. Even if she would like to come back (and I'm sure she does want to), she can't. She has to do what she needs to do and that's her priorities. She has to think about her and her family, because if she looses the membership, she looses at least a part of her incomes.

that's true but it tends to change all the time so skipping someone who can't come back that might be the wrong thing to do since someone who previously said no since they were busy might say yes because they're desperate for cash.

exactly about Erin she has to think about what's more important and that's keeping her union membership I'm sure she's disappointed that she can't be on Power Rangers because of that since I'm sure she really wanted to return but at the end of the day she can't risk her membership if she's still working.

lunarwolf 04/15/18 06:39 PM

more accurate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZCt...ature=youtu.be

MattEmily 04/16/18 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunarwolf (Post 75808)

that doesn't even tell us anyone specific besides
SPOILER:
Gemma

lunarwolf 04/16/18 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 75809)
that doesn't even tell us anyone specific besides
SPOILER:
Gemma

i know but its all i found

MattEmily 05/20/18 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miki1988 (Post 75804)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 75805)
that's true but it tends to change all the time so skipping someone who can't come back that might be the wrong thing to do since someone who previously said no since they were busy might say yes because they're desperate for cash.

exactly about Erin she has to think about what's more important and that's keeping her union membership I'm sure she's disappointed that she can't be on Power Rangers because of that since I'm sure she really wanted to return but at the end of the day she can't risk her membership if she's still working.

Something I wanted to add to this is much like I was saying there are times where union actors will want to work on a non-union production.

JDF doesn't care whether it's union or not.
Walter Jones has been adamant that he won't come back unless it's union
Amy Jo has flip flopped on the topic according to reports.
David Yost has said it has to be union for him to return.

Others haven't really gone on record of saying anything except for Cerina Vincent and Erin Cahill.
Valerie Vernon was willing to go shoot the Legendary Battle so it appears she doesn't have union issues she only declined because the invite was too last minute.

lunarwolf 05/23/18 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 76093)
Something I wanted to add to this is much like I was saying there are times where union actors will want to work on a non-union production.

JDF doesn't care whether it's union or not.
Walter Jones has been adamant that he won't come back unless it's union
Amy Jo has flip flopped on the topic according to reports.
David Yost has said it has to be union for him to return.

Others haven't really gone on record of saying anything except for Cerina Vincent and Erin Cahill.
Valerie Vernon was willing to go shoot the Legendary Battle so it appears she doesn't have union issues she only declined because the invite was too last minute.

i guess we will have to wait and see

MattEmily 05/23/18 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunarwolf (Post 76112)
i guess we will have to wait and see

or not see since I'm sure they'll only invite so many actors back all at once due to the costs

MattEmily 06/12/18 03:16 PM

I have updated the top post with recent information

Miki1988 06/13/18 08:46 AM

I just might give this anniversary episode a chance. Also, it seems they're following what Zeo had established regarding the Tommy & Kat being married... Well, that will take care of at least one dilemma that some fans have had for years, so that's one less "Who's together with whom" or "Who should be together with whom" discussion.

Also, that's a neat choice of past Rangers in the episode. I really hope PR manages to get any future anniversary episodes right how that Hasbro owns the franchise.

MattEmily 06/13/18 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miki1988 (Post 76222)
I just might give this anniversary episode a chance. Also, it seems they're following what Zeo had established regarding the Tommy & Kat being married... Well, that will take care of at least one dilemma that some fans have had for years, so that's one less "Who's together with whom" or "Who should be together with whom" discussion.

Also, that's a neat choice of past Rangers in the episode. I really hope PR manages to get any future anniversary episodes right how that Hasbro owns the franchise.

true but then people will insist on it being out-of-continuity because it's not the relationship they want.

no doubt about the choice and I agree.

Miki1988 06/13/18 06:26 PM

Well, I also wanted Tommy and Kimberly to be married and everything, but it is Tommy that TOLD her to follow her dreams in the Command Center. So whatever happened in Florida or France off-screen, Kimberly eventually decided it was better to move on. She obviously blended in into the new society and surroundings well enough, plus some things probably took place off-screen that contributed to her writing and sending that Dear John letter.
That's why I'm sure that in time, those who do not agree with the Tommy/Kat relationship, will eventually accept it. Plus the whole off-continuity thing just because of the "it's not the relationship that we want" thing is just stupid.

MattEmily 06/13/18 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miki1988 (Post 76224)
Well, I also wanted Tommy and Kimberly to be married and everything, but it is Tommy that TOLD her to follow her dreams in the Command Center. So whatever happened in Florida or France off-screen, Kimberly eventually decided it was better to move on. She obviously blended in into the new society and surroundings well enough, plus some things probably took place off-screen that contributed to her writing and sending that Dear John letter.
That's why I'm sure that in time, those who do not agree with the Tommy/Kat relationship, will eventually accept it. Plus the whole off-continuity thing just because of the "it's not the relationship that we want" thing is just stupid.

true and it was Kimberly's choice to leave the team so obviously something happened in Florida that was more important to her.

you're starting to sound like me now when I post here LOL

MattEmily 07/26/18 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 75805)

a good example is with Austin he quit the show in Season 2 because he wasn't getting enough money and because the show wasn't union but he came back in Zeo as a favor to 1 of the crew members.

MattEmily 07/30/18 04:08 PM

the top post has been updated with new info

Hailey Hartford 08/10/18 02:23 PM

Has anyone posted the official returning list yet because two are confirmed thanks to the latest promo.

Gemma(White RPM Ranger) and Tommy(Green MMPR). As well as Wes(Red TF Ranger)

MattEmily 08/11/18 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hailey Hartford (Post 76341)
Has anyone posted the official returning list yet because two are confirmed thanks to the latest promo.

Gemma(White RPM Ranger) and Tommy(Green MMPR). As well as Wes(Red TF Ranger)

That Hashtag Show did but we didn't have any concrete evidence until 1. the trailer and 2. behind-the-scenes pics that shows us a few suits. Not all suits since they're probably off-camera or doing something else

MattEmily 08/11/18 01:04 AM

Here is what they had posted originally. I'm going to edit it down a bit so that it's not so long.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatHashtagShow
Not only do we have these interviews to back up our claims for returning Rangers but a source close to production told us everyone who is returning and we’re going to fill you guys in. There will be 10 past Rangers in total coming back returning to the series and now we’re going to let you know who 8 out of the 10 are and speculation with the remaining 2 Rangers.

1. Jason David Frank/ Tommy
2. Catherine Sutherland/ Kat
3. Ciara Hanna/ Gia
4. Li Ming Hu/ Gemma
5. Selwyn Ward/ TJ
6. Yoshi Sudarso/ Koda
7. Jason Faunt/ Wes
8. Steve Cardenas/ Rocky

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatHashtagShow
For the remaining two spots we’re gonna let you guys guess but here are some definite possibilities BUT WE CAN NOT CONFIRM THEY ARE ON THE SHOW. It won’t be all four of these Rangers but we’re under good authority that two of the Rangers are in this group. We are also told that one of the Lightspeed Rangers would be showing up too so we included our list of possibilities.

1. Steven Skyler/ Antonio
2. Patricia Ja Lee/ Cassie (We heard rumors that Patricia Ja Lee would be returning to the show, but could not confirm that she was one of the 10 Rangers returning.)
3. Alison MacInnis/ Dana
4. Rhett Fisher/ Ryan
5. Sean CW Johnson/ Carter

Now the top quoted post are the definites that will be coming back and based on the trailer and pics we can now confirm with pretty much absolute certainty that we'll see Tommy, Kat, Gemma, T.J, Koda and Wes. MMPR Red is shown in the trailer which means that it's likely Rocky.

The 2nd quoted post reportedly are only hints towards 2 of them coming back and it's pretty much without a certainty that Antonio is 1 of them.

Hailey Hartford 08/11/18 11:02 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, Matt!