Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   What was Toei thinking? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8583)

Itzy Bitzy Carter 02/13/18 01:30 PM

Re: What was Toei thinking?

Neither are Junior Rangers . As evidenced by the Lightspeed/Galaxy team up.

Massive Ego 02/13/18 01:35 PM

That kid was so annoying and ruined it what could have been a great team up. It didn't help that she got more lines then the Galaxy Rangers. Who basically were just there to smile most of the time.

Captain Mutiny 02/14/18 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itzy Bitzy Carter (Post 74303)
Neither are Junior Rangers . As evidenced by the Lightspeed/Galaxy team up.

Jonathan's idea , since he thought it would be easier to adapt the Sentai Footage closely. The Sentai Team Up is where the idea behind the kid came from.

Green With Envy 02/16/18 04:05 PM

They were probably trying to be different than Burai with Kibaranger. But it is interesting that they skipped a year and did another kid Sixth in Ohranger.

Rossovan 03/24/18 06:14 AM

I've just finished watching Dairanger and i really enjoyed it. I had read online about Kou being a kid so it wasn't a shock, he was a bit of pain at first (not to mention him grabbing Lin, the Pink Rangers breasts) but his character did seem to grow during the season.

I can see why they didn't use the Dairanger suits, Kibaranger's is the only one that really would blend with those in MMPR as he has a coin/emblem on his chest that resembles the power coins.

I'm about to start Kakuranger, watching the Sentai's is a chance to see how different the stories are and also just getting to see different footage of Zords and characters i know so well from Power Rangers.

Kimberly Hart 03/24/18 11:49 AM

Didn't they write a lot of children of the day episodes around then? It is not surprising that some of the early Sixth's were kids.

Changeman Returns 03/24/18 11:53 AM

Kou was so much more then just a kid. He had a well written backstory and really grew up a lot.

Lightspeed Fire 03/30/18 11:16 AM

They were trying to appeal to kids. As much as people like to point out how much more mature Sentai can be, it is still targeted towards children.

Titanium Ghost 03/30/18 11:21 AM

Yeah they just have looser standards and practices on Japan Kids TV.