Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   DT better with Edward Payne? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8654)

Ranger Galaxy 03/19/18 03:49 PM

Re: DT better with Edward Payne?

Call me crazy but I would have been fine with Edward Payne. He could have been an interesting new character. Tommye already had a great swan song in Forever Red.

MMPR Guru 03/21/18 12:25 PM

The Tommy we got in DT wasn't the true Tommy. It was very disappointing that they messed this up , as well as the whole season. I wouldn't have cwred about Payne either.

Cyber Astronema 03/27/18 11:45 AM

You know I never really watched MMPR when it was originaly on or many of the Tommy episiodes during his first run. But I really liked Tommy based on DinoThunder and the old episodes of him that I have seen! He was awesome in FR.

MattEmily 03/27/18 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Guru (Post 75561)
The Tommy we got in DT wasn't the true Tommy. It was very disappointing that they messed this up , as well as the whole season. I wouldn't have cwred about Payne either.

don't be ridiculous the one we saw in Dino Thunder is as true to the character that we saw in MMPR-Turbo and Wild Force

Miki1988 03/27/18 03:24 PM

I agree. It's just Disney didn't want Tommy cursing, i.e. insulting villains in a humorous way like with Goldar (like "Overgrown flying monkey") and karate-yelling during butt-kicking all of the time. So JDF had to minimize that part. Well, the "Fighting Spirit" scene when he throws the monster right into that wall is an exception. That scene is 110 % Tommy, along with Tommy's coma dream when he fights against his Ranger forms (MM Green, MM White and Zeo V).

Goldar's Revenge 03/27/18 05:05 PM

Tommy would have to be a different since he was several years older. It would be silly if he acted exactly the same. Plus he was the Rangers mentor instead of a peer. Thats a much different dynamic.

Miki1988 03/28/18 03:44 AM

He even acted more mature in Forever Red. Plus it appeared like Bulk and Skull were calling him "Sir". This clearly tells us that:
1. Tommy went trough a lot since the end of his time as a Turbo Ranger and Forever Red.
2. Something clearly happened between him, Bulk and Skull since they referred to him as they did in the episode. The two former bullies, cops and detectives clearly did something wrong and went over the line and Tommy happened to be there so he must have done something about it. It's either that or he helped Bulk and Skull get their jobs.

Titanium Ghost 03/30/18 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miki1988 (Post 75661)
He even acted more mature in Forever Red. Plus it appeared like Bulk and Skull were calling him "Sir". This clearly tells us that:
1. Tommy went trough a lot since the end of his time as a Turbo Ranger and Forever Red.
2. Something clearly happened between him, Bulk and Skull since they referred to him as they did in the episode. The two former bullies, cops and detectives clearly did something wrong and went over the line and Tommy happened to be there so he must have done something about it. It's either that or he helped Bulk and Skull get their jobs.

There is no doubt a lot happened. It was funny seeing Bulk and Skull kiss up to Tommy. FR seemed to imply he was rich. That part was left out of DT. But then again how did Doctor O pay for his lab?

Miki1988 03/30/18 04:18 PM

That's right. If Tommy's rich, it means he has people working for him. Which means he can afford a lab. Plus there was someone in DT who had a de-morph issue.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 03/31/18 08:17 AM

It actually makes sense that Tommy would be rich. And when ypunthink about it, nothing DinoThunder does contradicts that idea. As mentioned, the lab wasn't cheap. And being rich doesn't prevent you from being a teacher. Anton did it too.