Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why does PR have such a stigma to it? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7780)

Super Zeo Ranger 02/21/17 07:09 PM

Why does PR have such a stigma to it?

Other children's brands have adult fan followings that don't seem to come with stigmas. But PR seems to have this stigma like its somehow strange to be be a pr fan.

Usagi Reborn 02/21/17 07:16 PM

Re: Why does PR have such a stigma to it?

It really is hypocritical since a lot of these franchises have the same tone.

Captain Codfish 02/21/17 07:20 PM

Probably because for us born in the 80s a lot of those earlier franchises grew up with many of our peers. Power Rangers is from the 90s and really was for the millennials.

Gosei Gold 02/21/17 07:20 PM

But a lot of that age group are grown up too. So that shouldn't be an issue.

Inner Senshi 02/22/17 12:05 PM

I don't let other people's opinions effect my enjoyment of the show.

Super Zeo Ranger 02/22/17 12:06 PM

Niether do I but its still an interesting question to discuss.

Decepticon 02/22/17 12:07 PM

It is kind of silly that a franchise like Transformers would be considered above Power Rangers.

PRangerX 02/22/17 12:13 PM

Funny story , members of my family thought that it was weird that I still watched Power Rangers...Were known to watch Disney cartoon movies themselves....And didn't understand why that wasn't much different....Even when Disney owned PR! lol

I do think the stigma has a lot to do with the age difference between 80s kids and millennial s.. But I do think PR nostalgia is more cool than it was ten years ago. I gave had friends reminisce over the old series in a way that wasn't condescending at all. Plus parents are rediscovering the show through their own kids. We even get a lot of PR updates on science fiction sites, that never happened in the early 2001.

I think as we go on the stigma won't quite be so strong. At some point pr fans will be as old as the first transformers fans are now. And really the early fans are already adults too.

GRanger4Life 02/24/17 07:55 AM

Power Rangers is weird. Its the one show that the general public think has been of the year for decades. Yet keeps going on and on. Its funny how we are getting MMPR Nostalgia with the new movie but the regular show has been on almost continuously since.

MMPR Forever 02/25/17 11:49 AM

I think most people apreciate MMPR..The other stuff not , so much.