Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Shouldn't Jason have gotten the Green Coin? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8675)

Forever Jason 04/03/18 11:57 AM

Shouldn't Jason have gotten the Green Coin?

After Green No More, shouldn't Tommy have once again given his de-powered coin to Jason?

White Spandex Rules 04/03/18 12:00 PM

Re: Shouldn't Jason have gotten the Green Coin?

The coin was enfused with the White Light and transformed into the Tiger Coin.

Maligore 04/05/18 11:44 AM

Saban was too cheap to shoot more scenes with Shield Red Rangsr.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 04/05/18 05:16 PM

The Green Coin was drained fully this time . The coin was worthless to Jason.

MattEmily 04/05/18 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever Jason (Post 75700)
After Green No More, shouldn't Tommy have once again given his de-powered coin to Jason?

there was no point the first time it still had power left but the 2nd time meaning in "Green No More" there was no power left.

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Spandex Rules (Post 75701)
The coin was enfused with the White Light and transformed into the Tiger Coin.

don't make up stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maligore (Post 75716)
Saban was too cheap to shoot more scenes with Shield Red Rangsr.

yes that's exactly it they're so cheap that like 90% of White Ranger footage is original. Yes Saban is so cheap that they filmed more original footage in MMPR2 and MMPR3 than the stock footage they were using

Zordon's Legacy Exposed 04/06/18 11:29 AM

I always thought Zordon took the coin and turned it into the Tigercoin. Zordon never made Ranger Powers or tech He just appropriated it from elsewhere and adapted it to suit his needs.

Goldar's Revenge 04/06/18 11:41 AM

The powers weren't fully drained in Green Candle. They just would have went to Rita. Passing the powers to Jason stopped this and allowed Jason to use some of them. Tommy's actions in his return caused thr coin to be temporarly rech arged enough for him to use. But once they were used up, that was it.

Miki1988 04/06/18 12:54 PM

That's right. Zedd finished what Rita began with the Green Candle. He knew that Zordon couldn't re-charge the Green Power Coin any longer and took the opportunity to get rid of at least 1 of the Rangers. Too bad he copied the candle idea from Rita and tried to get rid of the rest of the Rangers the same way, but failed in the following episode (Missing Green) since Jason wasn't going to let the same thing happen twice.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 04/07/18 08:15 AM

I didn't get how Zedd was able to make those candles though. The Green Candle worked because Rita had Tommy touch the wax when he waw evil. Zede making his candles made no sense. Especially since Rita never tried it

Tommy Hater 04/07/18 08:18 AM

It was just such a relief to have someone besides Tommy saving the day again. Too bad he didn't stay away. He could have gone all Grizzly Adams at his Uncle's Cabin for all I care.

Forever Jason 04/07/18 08:20 AM

"Missing Green" is one of my favorite Jason episodes. The Green Candle always haunted Jason and it made his character more interesting.

Tommy Hater 04/07/18 08:22 AM

If I was Jason I would have been celebrating that Tommy was finaly gone. If he only knew Tommy was about to take his leadership spot and probably get him fired?

MattEmily 04/07/18 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Hater (Post 75749)
If I was Jason I would have been celebrating that Tommy was finaly gone. If he only knew Tommy was about to take his leadership spot and probably get him fired?

that wasn't Tommy or JDF's fault that was Austin's own stupidity for thinking he was more important than Saban's bottomline

Goldar's Revenge 04/07/18 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 75750)
that wasn't Tommy or JDF's fault that was Austin's own stupidity for thinking he was more important than Saban's bottomline

It wasn't JDF's fault. But I can't blame Austin for wanting a raise either.

MattEmily 04/07/18 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge (Post 75751)
It wasn't JDF's fault. But I can't blame Austin for wanting a raise either.

wanting a raise is one thing but you also have to think of the consequence if you're insisting on it

Rossovan 04/08/18 12:37 PM

I just assumed, as other have said that the power coin was worthless and had nothing left, thus it was worthless to hand over to Jason. Maybe Zordon did use it to help forge the Tiger Coin but either way the Dragon coin itself was drained and of no use as it was.

I don't blame Austin or any of the others for wanting more money, especially considering how much the show was making. Given how popular Jason David Frank's character was it was obvious he'd be made the leader as the kids loved him, a great way to keep the show popular and progressing after losing three loved cast members.

Goldar's Revenge 04/13/18 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 75761)
wanting a raise is one thing but you also have to think of the consequence if you're insisting on it

But none of the three were ever known to complain about what happened to them. St John evdwn returned for a bit. So they all were willing to pay the consequences for their actions and did. They tried something and it didn't work. I wouldn't villify them for it.

Stone Canyon Trio 04/13/18 11:40 AM

Well, I think it all worked out for the best. Since Rocky, Adam, and Aishia were much better characters and helped the show to be more popular.

PRFan4Ever 04/13/18 11:41 AM

Damn, if I was an actor on the show I would never quit. No matter whatt they were paying me. I'd even work for free.

Captain Mutiny 04/13/18 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stone Canyon Trio (Post 75785)
Well, I think it all worked out for the best. Since Rocky, Adam, and Aishia were much better characters and helped the show to be more popular.

I wouldn't say that. A half season later ratings and toy sales started their decline. They handled the cast chwnge as best they could though.

Tommy Hater 04/13/18 11:45 AM

Because people were sick of Tommy Oliver hogging the spotlight. All those angry kids regreted calling for his return.

No Green Spandex 04/13/18 11:47 AM

It would have been so awesome if JDF was part of the strike.

Hailey Hartford 04/13/18 01:31 PM

Saban was too cheap to give his stars decent salaries so three complained, which I feel is very understandable. Saban refused. Both Thuy and Walter walked. Austin stuck around a little longer but eventually he also walked.

Austin is very open in his vlogs and interviews about it.

As far as the Green Power Coin, he was in possession of it until Tommy returned for a brief time. Then when it ran out of power for good I am guessing Zordon retired it and made Tommy the White Ranger.

Captain Mutiny 04/14/18 11:48 AM

Saban paid for it later on when the show was forced to go union years later. Of course that didn't last. Once Disney moved production to New Zealand.

Saban was non union to cut costs and the actors signed under those terms. The problem was the show became way more popular. So all of the sudden the work load got even more crazy. With the success of the series,its understanable that the actors would want more money. And its also understandable that Saban Entertainment had to worry about the botton line. It was a business decision on both sides.

Gosei Gold 04/23/18 10:47 PM

I always assumed the coin was useless after the second power loss.

MattEmily 04/24/18 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Ranger Gone Bad (Post 75746)
I didn't get how Zedd was able to make those candles though. The Green Candle worked because Rita had Tommy touch the wax when he waw evil. Zede making his candles made no sense. Especially since Rita never tried it

don't forget his magic is better he can actually make monsters but Rita really couldn't so it's not too far from the truth to think Zedd could've done a draining spell at any time he just needed them to be within the proximity of their respective Candle

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge (Post 75784)
But none of the three were ever known to complain about what happened to them. St John evdwn returned for a bit. So they all were willing to pay the consequences for their actions and did. They tried something and it didn't work. I wouldn't villify them for it.

true but Austin did complain at least once that life after the show was hard since he couldn't get a job and therefore had to live out of a car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stone Canyon Trio (Post 75785)

I don't truly agree. Adam and Zack were pretty cool for characters. Aisha never grew on me I always thought Trini was much better and as for Jason and Rocky? I personally hated Rocky as Red he was cooler as Blue but Jason was always pretty cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Mutiny (Post 75792)
Saban paid for it later on when the show was forced to go union years later. Of course that didn't last. Once Disney moved production to New Zealand.

Saban was non union to cut costs and the actors signed under those terms. The problem was the show became way more popular. So all of the sudden the work load got even more crazy. With the success of the series,its understanable that the actors would want more money. And its also understandable that Saban Entertainment had to worry about the botton line. It was a business decision on both sides.

yup exactly

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gosei Gold (Post 75856)
I always assumed the coin was useless after the second power loss.

yup exactly

Goldar's Revenge 04/28/18 12:08 PM

But he never blamed the show or Saban Entertainment for letting him go.

Omega Black 05/19/20 07:24 PM

There was no energy left in the Green Coin. The first time Tommy lost his powers there was enough energy for Jason to use the shield and Dragonzord. Which were recharged when Tommy absorbed the power coin energies after a temp boost from Zordon. When Tommy lost the Green Powers for good, the energy was just gone.

Ryan's Revenge 05/19/20 08:05 PM

It would have been cool if they gave Jason the upgrade again.