Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   The butler should have lived (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8349)

Inner Senshi 12/17/17 06:21 PM

The butler should have lived

I think it was too dark for the show to have Summer's butler die. Maybe thats why RPM did so bad. As parents wouldn't let their kids watch anymore becaise of stuff like that.

KimandTommy 12/17/17 06:22 PM

Re: The butler should have lived

I didn't like Summer's storyline at all, she was such a snob.

Yellow Fan Forever 12/17/17 06:25 PM

She became very nice as Yellow Ranger though! I don't think the butler death was all that violent.

Disney Ranger 12/17/17 06:27 PM

I 'm surprised Disney allowed this. But they seemed to be really hands off on this one until Eddie was let go.

Captain Codfish 12/17/17 06:32 PM

I really like how RPM upped the stakes with stuff like that. RPM had trouble because it had a bad timeslot and bad promotion. Disney was just playing out the rest of the season before canceling the series.

Sentai Fate 12/17/17 06:35 PM

I was fine with it. It was important to the development of Summer.

Sentai Snob 12/17/17 08:51 PM

American Sentai Fans are too sensitive sometimes. Super Sentai isn't afraid to do stuff like this. But the scene never happenee in the Go-Onger, so I am against it for that reason.

PRangerX 12/17/17 09:26 PM

I was surprised to see the scene. But it was very dramatic and the right choice.

Astro Omega 12/18/17 11:21 AM

The fact we didn't see him in Corinth was a clue he wasn't going to make it.

Ninja Ranger 12/18/17 01:18 PM

The producers of RPM were able to get away with a lot more because Disney already tapped out on new episodes and were just playing out the season. The storyline made perfect sense for Summer's backstory. But at least this is a thread about something that aired this century.