Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why did Goldar Hate Rita (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8556)

A Gia To Remember 01/30/18 08:05 PM

Re: Why did Goldar Hate Rita

I don't think Goldar really liked anybody. He just had to be nice to Zedd.

Bridge's Brigade 01/31/18 11:59 AM

Its really not surprising. Since the members of the UAE were always trying to backstab each other. Its part of why the Rangers always won with teamwork. The UAE had none.

Kaitlin Steele 02/01/18 05:27 PM

Rita was pretty annoying and hard to work for. For as much headaches she complained about, she gave a lot more.

Lothor's Revenge 02/01/18 07:58 PM

Rita was such an annoying boss, I am surprised more of her minons didn't turn on her sooner.

Captain Mutiny 02/02/18 01:25 PM

Goldar had to kiss up to Rita when she waa his boss. With Zedd back, he outranked Rita. Which made Repulsa no longer worth brlwnnosing too. When Rita came back Goldar was afraid that she would pay hom back for his betrayal.

Rossovan 03/24/18 06:43 AM

Well Goldar says how great it is to have Lord Zedd back, so he was obviously just being a good henchman and working with Rita on their combined mission given by Zedd to conquer Earth.

Goldar changes a fair bit throughout MMPR, obviously they were working out his voice and role in the early part of season 1 but he does seem to go from being able to fight on par with the rangers to just being part of a comic duo with Rito and being easily beaten/pushed aside - maybe that's because the rangers powers grew stronger but his never did?

Goldar's Revenge 03/24/18 08:22 AM

I think it was a little bit of both. The canon reason is the powers growin g for the Ranger. But behind the scenes they decided to make Goldar more of a comedy character.

No Green Spandex 03/24/18 08:25 AM

Goldar lost all credibility when White Ranger Tommy kicked his butt all the time. It was a mistake on the writers part. And afterawhile they were fine with keeping him comic relief.

Changeman Returns 03/24/18 11:57 AM

In season 1 they had him act more like the Zyuranger Villian. But after that they did their own thing. Season 1 Goldar was the best in my opinion.

Sentai Envy 03/24/18 11:58 AM

Hey you should rejoin the Snobs. We are ready to take you back. Just change your mentions of PR to be American Sentai and get back in uniform.