Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Turbo Episode with Vampire Carlos? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8607)

Count Carlos 02/12/18 02:04 PM

Turbo Episode with Vampire Carlos?

Anyone remember this episode? It was an interesting filler that featured a vampire turning Carlos. And also showed us the only time the Turbo and Rescue Zords combined with each other.

Slap Jack 02/12/18 02:14 PM

Re: Turbo Episode with Vampire Carlos?

It was the only episode I enjpyede in Turbo. Besides the finale.

Blank Ranger 02/12/18 02:50 PM

Yes, that was a wierd one. But interesting at the same time.

Fanboy Supreme 02/12/18 02:54 PM

I don't remember the episode. Therefore it must not be real.

A Gia To Remember 02/12/18 03:16 PM

I remember the episode. I only saw it once.

Goldar's Revenge 02/12/18 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanboy Supreme (Post 74190)

The episode exists and there is proof. You obviously missed it or are forgetting it.

Smarty Pants Rose 02/12/18 08:53 PM

It was quite the bizzare episode.

Massive Ego 02/13/18 01:48 PM

It is a very underated and underhyped episode in my eyes.

MattEmily 02/13/18 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanboy Supreme (Post 74190)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge (Post 74214)
The episode exists and there is proof. You obviously missed it or are forgetting it.

that it does Goldar's Revenge here's the Giant battle from it

Turbo Black 02/13/18 06:06 PM

That was a good battle. I wonder why that combo wasn't used more often in Carranger?

Stone Canyon Trio 02/13/18 06:13 PM

I thought the episode was weird. It was silly to include that in Power Rangers. Vampires siring Rangers? It just doesn't fit the series imo. Its jist not realistic to the PRU.

MattEmily 02/13/18 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Black (Post 74322)
That was a good battle. I wonder why that combo wasn't used more often in Carranger?

don't know guess Toei just wasn't thinking about it until they realized when writing the script for that episode "Wait we should be showing that the new mecha can combine with the Ranger Vehicles since the merchandise will be able to do so" and that Carranger Episode was number 40 and it only had 48 episodes so I guess there just wasn't much time to showcase it in another fight.

Vida The Vampire Slayer 02/13/18 10:45 PM

I don't see why the PRU can't have vampires. There are plenty of unrealistic things in the PRU. Power Rangers is a fantasy. I like vampires as villians anyway.

MattEmily 02/14/18 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stone Canyon Trio (Post 74326)
I thought the episode was weird. It was silly to include that in Power Rangers. Vampires siring Rangers? It just doesn't fit the series imo. Its jist not realistic to the PRU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vida The Vampire Slayer (Post 74330)
I don't see why the PRU can't have vampires. There are plenty of unrealistic things in the PRU. Power Rangers is a fantasy. I like vampires as villians anyway.

I don't know what you were going for Stone Canyon Trio with "siring" but Vida is right we've had a bunch of weird things a pig who can eat food but throws up if he eats spicy food, we've had a plant monster who could freeze Rangers, we've had a bird monster controlled by a sentient computer that had no feet and need I say more? don't forget Nocturne wasn't the only vampire we also had Necrolai who was called "The Queen of the Vampires" and her daughter Leelee was a vampire too.

VR Master 02/14/18 11:21 AM

Siring is a term for when a Vampire turns a human into another vampire. Thats probably what he is refering to you.

Ninja Storm Fan 02/14/18 11:34 AM

Its episodes like this that make it hard for me to take Power Rangers seriously.

MattEmily 02/14/18 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Storm Fan (Post 74340)
Its episodes like this that make it hard for me to take Power Rangers seriously.

it's not supposed to be taken seriously. You seriously have a problem with that when the monster suits are all rubber latex suits?

Massive Ego 02/14/18 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 74351)
it's not supposed to be taken seriously. You seriously have a problem with that when the monster suits are all rubber latex suits?

This is also a guy who says Ninja Storm is the only good season. Ninja Storm never took anything seriously.

MattEmily 02/14/18 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 74353)
This is also a guy who says Ninja Storm is the only good season. Ninja Storm never took anything seriously.

except for Cam, Zurgane and Vexacus. Tori was the best Wind Ranger but that's not saying much.

Disney Ranger 02/14/18 09:02 PM

Disney would never deal with Vampires.

MattEmily 02/14/18 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Ranger (Post 74390)
Disney would never deal with Vampires.

what's Necrolai and Leelee? they're vampires and they were characters in a Disney season so FALSE.

Disney Ranger 02/14/18 10:10 PM

Necroali and Leelee were different enough and were more loveable.

Massive Ego 02/14/18 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Ranger (Post 74410)

Except Vida was turned into a vampire by Necroali just like Carlos. So they absolutely count.

Vida The Vampire Slayer 02/14/18 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 74411)
Except Vida was turned into a vampire by Necroali just like Carlos. So they absolutely count.

As evidenced by my screen name.

Captain Codfish 02/14/18 10:15 PM

i would argue the Vida episode was more dark than the Turbo one.

MattEmily 02/14/18 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Ranger (Post 74410)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 74411)
Except Vida waa turned into a vampire by Necroali just like Carlos. So they absolutely count.

Massive Ego is correct. They may be traditional vampires (well as traditional as one can get since they've never been proven to exist) but point is Necrolai could turn people into a vampire just by biting them much like Nocturne could.

Turbo Guy 02/14/18 10:17 PM

I didn't think the Turbo episode was dark. It waa actualy very whacky. As Turbo tended to be. Which is how I like it.

Disney Ranger 02/14/18 10:18 PM

Well Disney still handled the Vampire plot a lot better. The Turbo episode was much darker!

MattEmily 02/14/18 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 74413)
i would argue the Vida episode was more dark than the Turbo one.

that's not saying much

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Ranger (Post 74416)
Well Disney still handled the Vampire plot a lot better. The Turbo episode was much darker!

the Turbo one was darker? what in the world were you drinking?

MMPR Storm 02/14/18 10:40 PM

I don't think either episode was inappropriate or very dark. Not that they were particularly good either.

Cosmic Ranger 02/14/18 11:10 PM

I think the best part about the Vida episode was Chip's dedication to save her. It was when he started to become likeable after starting out as a very annoying character.

PRangerX 02/15/18 01:10 PM

I liked the Carlos episode very much. Its one of my favorite Turbo Episodes. I missed it when it aired first run. So when I finally caught the rerun, I was surprised about the zord combination.

Green With Envy 02/19/18 07:23 PM

I actually don't remember the episode. I will have to go back and watch

Sentai Mighty 02/19/18 11:34 PM

Never question Toei. They know perfectly well what they are doing. There was a good reason why they used that Megazord Combination once. The only bad decision Toei ever made was selling footage to Saban.

Green With Envy 02/19/18 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Mighty (Post 74848)
Never question Toei. They know perfectly well what they are doing. There was a good reason why they used that Megazord Combination once. The only bad decision Toei ever made was selling footage to Saban.

Whose complaining about Toei?

MattEmily 02/19/18 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Mighty (Post 74848)

the only bad decision that's been made is allowing you Sentai Snobs to run around like you're a bunch of wild horses.