Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   The Sympathy For Adler (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8555)

Lunarwolf Landing 01/26/18 05:23 PM

The Sympathy For Adler

Its interesting how he did so many heinous things ,yet he is still written to be sympathetic in a lot of ways. Obviously not in a way to excuse his actions.

A Gia To Remember 01/26/18 11:47 PM

Re: The Sympathy For Adler

I don't know. The fact he murdered Cole's parents for no real reason makes him pretty unsympathetic.

Captain Codfish 01/26/18 11:48 PM

The whole idea is how Adler's poor choices have ruined his life and destroyed him. He became a shell of his former self who only had his hatred for Cole left. He was a very tragic character. Even if his choices brought it on himself.

Goldar's Revenge 01/26/18 11:50 PM

Its easy to call someone a monster. But to see villians are flawed humans makes it scarier. Since it shows how far regular people can fall if they make bad decisions. It makes for a better antagonist as well.

KimandTommy 01/26/18 11:56 PM

Well I don't feel sorry for him at all. He was a murdere who chose to be evil. He deserved what was coming to him.

Inner Senshi 01/26/18 11:57 PM

I think Adler's back story was way too dark for a kids show. Its too bad the censors let it go.

VR Master 01/27/18 12:05 AM

Its pretty powerful when Cole refuses to stoop to his level and kill him. He even feels sorry for him despite everything Adler took from Cole.

Bandora's Ghost 01/27/18 08:10 AM

Great villians do have a little bit of sympathy for them. He was a good contrast to Cole. Who didn't give into vengeance or hate. Despite having a better reason for it than Adler did forgetting to his parents.

Astro Omega 01/28/18 04:25 PM

Master Org was really a multi-layer character. And is even more interesting from Adler's perspective. He is the finest villian the show has ever had in terms of writing.

Turbo Guy 01/28/18 04:26 PM

I think he was too serious. We needed Master Org to be a villain that cracked jokes and had all kinds of witty one liners.