Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Should they have done a much different theme with turbo? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8417)

Galaxy Supreme 12/26/17 10:36 PM

Should they have done a much different theme with turbo?

Carranger just did didn't work as straight up adaption. We saw them turn Megaranger, Gingamen, and Go-Onger into much different series. I think they should have did something different with rhe Tuebo adaption. It didn't have to be as expensive as RPM or Lost Galaxy.

Tommy Hater 12/27/17 02:14 PM

Re: Should they have done a much different the with turbo?

This would have been a good idea. Cars are so general that you could have got away with anything. I would also wrkte Tommy off at the end of Zeo.

Captain Codfish 12/27/17 02:31 PM

I think a lot of the issues people had with Turbo in the first half were addresed by the second half. It was just hard for people to see sice they were still getting over the cast change.

Tommy's Dragonzord 12/27/17 02:37 PM

Yes it was pretty shocking to lose all the old favorites so quickly. For the most part most of the cast changes were one by one up to that point. Even the season 2 cast change cushioned things with the slow intro of Rocky, Adam, and Aishia. Plus you still retained Tommy, Kim, and Billy. Justin wasn't gonna cut it as the soul survivor of the Turbo Cast. We also didn't get all that much of Cassie and Carlos beforehand.

The Turbo cast changed just took Tommy and co away. It was especially jarring with Tommy who was such a focal point for the serkes up to that point It also seemed anti-climatic for him to just leave after everything his character had been through. Every other time they seemingly was wrlten him off he came back. And now he was leaving to become a racecar driver?

Ultra Fan Blue 12/27/17 03:38 PM

Re: Should they have done a much different theme with turbo?

I think Billy should have been the Phantom Ranger.

Trini Fan 12/27/17 11:39 PM

I would have liked something closer to MMPR or Zeo.

Miki1988 12/28/17 09:55 AM

Introduce the new cast in T:APRM. Still have Justin replace Rocky and instead of Jason and Kimberly being kidnapped, the ones that are offered as a sacrifice to Maligore are Cassie, T.J., Carlos and Ashely. Give the four some backstory in the "Shift Into Turbo" three-parter and have Zeos reconsider their priorities. After some fillers, bring back Jason and Kimberly for the involvement they had in the movie, thus ending the plot of Tommy, Kat, Tanya and Adam to go back to their normal lives. "Passing of the Torch" is the end of that storyline. Justin, T.J., Cassie, Ashely and Carlos become the Turbo Rangers and the Millennium Message plot plays out better than it did. Robo Racer is introduced later in the season, after the new Rangers arrive. The oldies are kept as recurring characters and are seen pursuing their life goals & dreams. Gasket and Archerina come back for one last rumble so new Turbos invite the Zeos for one last fight, resulting in a official crossover between Zeo and Turbo which ends with the defeat of the two villains. After the crossover fight, a filler episode in a montage confirms the Kat and Tommy relationship and him signing up for a college (not shown which one, but eventually results in and then confirming him becoming a paleontologist and a science teacher later in PRDT), Tanya as the head of the radio station she works at and Adam becomes a professional soccer trainer.

For the rest of the season, instead of US Elgar and Porto, use the Sentai versions of the costumes, make Divatox more like Lord Zedd before he married Rita and make Turbo actually a serious season and a decent sequel to Zeo.

Zeo Power 12/28/17 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miki1988 (Post 71329)
Introduce the new cast in T:APRM. Still have Justin replace Rocky and instead of Jason and Kimberly being kidnapped, the ones that are offered as a sacrifice to Maligore are Cassie, T.J., Carlos and Ashely. Give the four some backstory in the "Shift Into Turbo" three-parter and have Zeos reconsider their priorities. After some fillers, bring back Jason and Kimberly for the involvement they had in the movie, thus ending the plot of Tommy, Kat, Tanya and Adam to go back to their normal lives. "Passing of the Torch" is the end of that storyline. Justin, T.J., Cassie, Ashely and Carlos become the Turbo Rangers and the Millennium Message plot plays out better than it did. Robo Racer is introduced later in the season, after the new Rangers arrive. The oldies are kept as recurring characters and are seen pursuing their life goals & dreams. Gasket and Archerina come back for one last rumble so new Turbos invite the Zeos for one last fight, resulting in a official crossover between Zeo and Turbo which ends with the defeat of the two villains. After the crossover fight, a filler episode in a montage confirms the Kat and Tommy relationship and him signing up for a college (not shown which one, but eventually results in and then confirming him becoming a paleontologist and a science teacher later in PRDT), Tanya as the head of the radio station she works at and Adam becomes a professional soccer trainer.

For the rest of the season, instead of US Elgar and Porto, use the Sentai versions of the costumes, make Divatox more like Lord Zedd before he married Rita and make Turbo actually a serious season and a decent sequel to Zeo.

If they followed that plotline or something close to it, the season would have been much better. And perhaps a true sequel to Zeo.

RailRescue25 12/28/17 02:39 PM

Cars kinda go with anything. Look at what they did to Go-Onger. The only complicated part would be how the suits clearly have a car theme. But if RPM can get around talking zords, they could get around that.

DanaMitchell095 12/28/17 03:02 PM

I don't think they were ready for this type of innovation. Remember Sloan ane Levy had more power in the first half. But the second half Jonathon and Lynn were firmly driving the ship. The same team in charge of Space and Galaxy. We did see more innovation in the second half. I think the show was a season away from being able to do the innovation the op is asking for. As evidenced by Space just happening a year later.

PRangerX 12/28/17 06:19 PM

It would have been nice to continue Zeo instead of Turbo. But that wasn't in the cards. I do think it worked out in the long term. As Turbo finished up strong amd transitioned nicely into Space.

Turbo Guy 12/28/17 06:35 PM

Turbo was perfect just the way it was! It was a whacky comedy that made everyone laugh. The only change I would make would be to make funnier finale. I wish their was a second season of Turbo instead of Space.

A Zeo Ending 12/28/17 09:26 PM

They should have did a Zeo Season 2 or went right to In Space.

Massive Ego 12/29/17 09:53 AM

Ir would have been better at the time. But for the long term storyline it ended up being for the best.Since we got the transition to Space and a great finale.

A Gia To Remember 12/29/17 08:52 PM

I think it would have been too hard to do something totally different since they weren't ready yet. Plus all the behind the scenes turmoil.

PRdude 02/23/18 11:08 PM

My only issue with Turbo was Bulk and Skull spending the first half of the season in simian form. I didn't really mind anything else.

Smarty Pants Rose 02/23/18 11:32 PM

They could have kept Zeo and and had the Rangers get new Turbo Zods.

Tommy Hater 02/24/18 08:12 AM

They should have replaced Tommy sooner.

Sentai Mighty 02/24/18 08:14 AM

No. They should have stuck ws close to Carranger as possible. There was too many differences but they started to become on the right track when it came to adapting Sentai.

Captain Mutiny 02/26/18 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Mighty (Post 75003)
No. They should have stuck ws close to Carranger as possible. There was too many differences but they started to become on the right track when it came to adapting Sentai.

They used plenty of carranger and it was a bad fit. At least until they found a way to make it work in spite of Carranger when the newbies took over.

Disney Ranger 02/26/18 05:50 PM

It always amazes me how the same people who made MMPR couldn't do the same good job with Zeo through Time Force. Disney tried with Wild Force but needed to bring in their own people to start their great Ninja Storm through Jungle Fury run.

PRFan4Ever 02/26/18 06:22 PM

I think its cool how Justin got cast because he was a big fan. I wish they would do that now with older fans who want to be Power Rangers.

KimandTommy 02/27/18 12:08 PM

I like the Zeo Season 2 idea. But they needed to have Kat show her evil side or get written off. Kimberly would have took her rightful place as Pink Ranger.

MMPR Storm 02/27/18 12:10 PM

Zeo and Turbo should have remained MMPR. I don't see Kimberly coming back. I didn't mind Kat myself. She wasn't evil in any case.

Kimberly Hart 02/28/18 09:43 PM

It was a little weird to see the first Turbo Rangers to suddenly be out of high school. Tommy's carreer choice was very wierd. And the transition to the new Turbos was very awkward. It felt like two different series.

Green With Envy 03/01/18 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberly Hart (Post 75174)
It was a little weird to see the first Turbo Rangers to suddenly be out of high school. Tommy's carreer choice was very wierd. And the transition to the new Turbos was very awkward. It felt like two different series.

Turbo was basically a transition season.

Uncle Steve 03/01/18 05:19 PM

Carranger wasn't the best Sentai to adapt after Zeo.

No More Pink 03/01/18 05:28 PM

It would hae been hard to get around the car theme motifs of Carranger. The suits were designed withthe car theme in mind. .

Doctor Oliver 03/02/18 07:44 PM

No Power Rangers needed Turbo to reset the franchise and get things ready for Space. Zeo was overrated by the fandom anyway.

Knights of Ren 03/03/18 07:57 AM

I just wish the tone was a little more serious.

No Green Spandex 03/03/18 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Fan Blue (Post 71310)
I think Billy should have been the Phantom Ranger.

This would have been awesome! Billy would have been an awesome Sixth Ranger with all the character development he had since Since Season 3.

Rossovan 03/24/18 06:09 AM

I just commented on another post somewhere about Turbo.

It did all seem like to much change at once, the season did kinda improve as it went on (from what i remember) and new characters were settled in. Although replacing Zordon and Alpha was a mistake to me, especially the voice they chose for Alpha 6. Dimitria didn't really seem to fit.

Would of been nice to have had Lord Zedd and Rita in the season, even if it was similar to Zeo where they try and get back on top, etc.

The fact the Zeo powers just seemed to disappear didn't really help. The cars theme just didn't suit Power Rangers for me.

Changeman Returns 03/24/18 11:55 AM

It was a transition season in a lot of ways. I also think the clash hoped make them realize just continuing on with the same cast might not always work.

Astro Omega 03/24/18 12:06 PM

Yes, shitting through Turbo was worth it because it got us PRIS.

Lightspeed Fire 03/30/18 11:13 AM

I think the Carranger footage really made things hard. You could tell by the second half that they just said screw it and embraced the campiness of the footage.