Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Should Doomsday have been the finale? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8336)

Bandora's Ghost 12/13/17 08:10 AM

Should Doomsday have been the finale?

Do you think MMPR season 1 would have made more semse if that episode was the finale as intended?

Astro Omega 12/13/17 11:37 AM

Re: Should Doomsday have been the finale?

Then you miss out on Tommy's return plot and a lot of good standalones. It would have been nice if Season 1 had a real finalie though. I guess you could say Mutiny is kinda a season 1 finale and season 2 premiere at once.

MattEmily 12/13/17 12:03 PM

only to a point I don't think Rita and her minions should've captured and trapped in the dumpster I think only Rita should've been trapped in the dumpster but you make it appear as if the others are being trapped but you cut away before you see the others go into the urn that way you don't know if they're trapped or not and have an easy way out. Rita wouldn't have had any powers to avoid being caught up in the dumpster but Goldar and Scorpina would. We don't know if Finster, Squatt and Baboo are capable of any "skills" (other than their obvious ones) since they don't ever fight.

Bridge's Brigade 12/13/17 09:25 PM

That way you could have Zedd show up to take over in her absence rather than knock her out. It also allows for Rita to return and marry Zedd without the love potion being needed.

VR Master 12/13/17 09:26 PM

I could see Lokar sending Zedd to take over for Rita. And Rota returning to marry Zedd like you said.

Goldy Fan 12/13/17 09:27 PM

Or you could have Goldar summon him since the minions would be lost without a
leader.

Green Alien Ranger 12/13/17 10:06 PM

I could see them doing another finalie like it but Toei didn't produce one in the Zyu2 footage.

MattEmily 12/13/17 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldy Fan (Post 70368)
Or you could have Goldar summon him sknce the minions would be lost without a leader.

I could see Goldar trying to run things himself but mostly failing at it. Scorpina and Finster are usually the ones who accomplish things that way you can still use the remaining Zyu2 footage as is meaning Tommy would lose his powers and then he would later get them back only difference is he would lose them for good at the end of the season so instead of Oysterizer being the final monster it'd be Turban Shell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Alien Ranger (Post 70375)
I could see them doing another finalie like it but Toei didn't produce one in the Zyu2 footage.

that wouldn't matter. 1.5 footage only included newly-shot scenes of Rita, Goldar, Scorpina, Finster, Squatt and Baboo mostly of them in the Palace.
Zyu2 just included monster fights (including some Putty fights) they didn't shoot any fights against Rita or any of her minions.

Zabitan 12/13/17 10:46 PM

I think it should have but at the same time I also would have liked it if they adapted Kai as an early version of Thrax, and had him be played by Wendy Lee doing her T.K. voice.

MMPR Supreme 12/13/17 11:43 PM

It would have made a great finale but I wouldn't want to give up the extra episodes.

KimandTommy 12/14/17 11:27 AM

No because we needed the episodes where Tommy got his powers back to set up season 2.

No Green Spandex 12/14/17 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 70406)
No because we needed the episodes where Tommy got his powers back to set up season 2.

As funny as this might sound, I agree with you. I actually liked Tommy back then. And the Green Ranger Power Storyline carrked the series back then. Its when Tommy came back as White that things got ridiculous.

Sentai Snob 12/15/17 11:36 AM

Yes it should been the end for the Rangers and villains of that series. Season 2 should have been Zen Ranger and featured an entirely new story based on Dairanger

Blank Ranger 12/15/17 07:23 PM

It kinda felt like Mutiny was the would be finale.

Bonus Ranger 12/16/17 09:51 PM

I see no reason not to continue if you had the Zyu 2 footage and got the ok for more episodes from Fox.

Chef Mia 12/16/17 09:53 PM

i think the episode wnere Tommy gets his powers back would have been the best finale.

MattEmily 12/16/17 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 70388)
I think it should have but at the same time I also would have liked it if they adapted Kai as an early version of Thrax, and had him be played by Wendy Lee doing her T.K. voice.

not a bad idea except for Wendee Lee doing her T.K. voice.

Zabitan 12/16/17 10:42 PM

I guess that's just what came to mind when I was thinking about Kai being Americanized as Thrax.

Just out of curiosity who do you would have voiced him?

MattEmily 12/16/17 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 70517)
I guess that's just what came to mind when I was thinking about Kai being Americanized as Thrax.

Just out of curiosity who do you would have voiced him?

no clue but her T.K. voice would sound way too young for the Kai counterpart. Brianne Siddal's Circuit voice sounds young but not too young and she was also the one who did Calumon in Tamers and Tommy in Frontier so I thought either of those voices would be fine as well.

Zabitan 12/16/17 10:55 PM

I see I forget her name but I thought about the lady who played Izzy or the whoever dubbed the voice of Willy in I Eye Guy.

MattEmily 12/16/17 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 70519)
I see I forget her name but I thought about the lady who played Izzy or the whoever dubbed the voice of Willy in I Eye Guy.

Mona Marshall did Izzy and as for Willy both he and Jeremy were also voiced by Brianne Siddal according to SirStack

Zabitan 12/16/17 11:30 PM

Ah I see.

In that case I would go with Brianne Siddal.

MattEmily 12/17/17 12:04 PM

kinda figured that LOL

PRangerX 12/17/17 01:16 PM

I didn't realize Willie was dubbed too.

MattEmily 12/17/17 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 70523)
I didn't realize Willie was dubbed too.

I doubt most people were aware of that I mean we don't even know about the other kids who weren't credited and we have no clue who they are.

Melissa (Kimberly's deaf friend)
Maria (the mischievous little girl who Kimberly and Trini were being "Big Sisters" to)
Willy (the actual person who played him in the ep and not who he was voiced by)
Marge (Billy's love interest who got trapped in Madame Woe's dimension)
Angela (Zack's love interest)

PRangerX 12/17/17 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 70528)
I doubt most people were aware of that I mean we don't even know about the other kids who weren't credited and we have no clue who they are.

Melissa (Kimberly's deaf friend)
Maria (the mischievous little girl who Kimberly and Trini were being "Big Sisters" to)
Willy (the actual person who played him in the ep and not who he was voiced by)
Marge (Billy's love interest who got trapped in Madame Woe's dimension)
Angela (Zack's love interest)

Do you mean those characters are dubbed or those actors weren't credited?

Sentai Is Forever 12/17/17 02:28 PM

The fact so many characters can be dubbed without people noticing is proof that dubbed Super Sentai would work and probably do even better than American Sentai. Also that they are wasting time and resources by shooting their own scenes.

MMPR Forever 12/17/17 02:29 PM

It is interesting how so many characters were dubbed and how seamless it seemed. I don't think dubbed Super Sentai is quite the same thing and it would never have the same magic MMPR had.

Gold Ranger In Danger 12/17/17 02:31 PM

I did think the whole part at the end of Zordon offering the Rangers an out was weird. I mean we know Rita was still powerful enough to attack. How would Earth have been protected if the Rangers said yes?

MattEmily 12/17/17 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 70530)
Do you mean those characters are dubbed or those actors weren't credited?

they weren't credited

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever (Post 70532)
The fact so many characters can be dubbed without people noticing is proof that dubbed Super Sentai would work and probably do even better than American Sentai. Also that they are wasting time and resources by shooting their own scenes.

no it doesn't mean dubbed Sentai can work it just means we were completely stupid as kids and/or didn't give a crap about Rita or Scorpina all that much since we were more focused on the action.
Goranger and even Dynaman are even proof of this. Another country dubbed Goranger in the 70s and it was so horrible that the show failed.
Dynaman failed in the U.S. as well so despite what you would like to believe in your little dream world dubbed Sentai would never be successful.

Also they may be wasting resources but it's Saban's company so it's not our call to make I mean you can whine and complain about it all you want to but it won't be changing anything since he wants the original elements. It's his money to spend so he can spend it however he wants. It's his company's resources so he can do what he wants with them. Don't like it? Tough since you have no power to change it and you never will.

Gold Ranger In Danger 12/17/17 02:35 PM

If dubbed Sentai worked we would have Ultraman every year.

Forever Jason 12/17/17 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold Ranger In Danger (Post 70534)
I did think the whole part at the end of Zordon offering the Rangers an out was weird. I mean we know Rita was still powerful enough to attack. How would Earth have been protected if the Rangers said yes?

Zordon expected them to stay on. But if not, he could have recruited a new team. It wasn't a bad time to make the transition if he needed to. So it was worth offering to the current Rangers, who may have been burnt out.

Todd Oliver 12/17/17 02:39 PM

He already had Tommy to lead the new team if need be. It would just be a matter of retrieving the Sword of Light. With no Serpentera to interfere this early on.

MattEmily 12/17/17 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold Ranger In Danger (Post 70538)
If dubbed Sentai worked we would have Ultraman every year.

more like if dubbing a Japanese live action show worked then 4Kids would've never quit with Ultraman now why did they quit? yes that's right because it wasn't a good idea and the ratings reflected that.

KimandTommy 12/17/17 02:47 PM

I don't think Super Sentai is the same as Power Rangers. Especially when you compare it to the older seasons. We would never have got great characters like Tommy and Kim. I think Power Rangers is valuable on its own. That's the series I am a fan of not Super Sentai.

Bansheera's Revenge 12/17/17 05:10 PM

It did feel like a finale. So its not surprising to hear that it would have been the finale if it weren't for Zyu2 footage.

Sentai Fate 12/17/17 06:40 PM

I can't blame them for using the opportunity the Zyu2 footage gave them. Granted it did cost Saban Entertainment money.

MattEmily 12/17/17 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 70546)
I don't think Super Sentai is the same as Power Rangers. Especially when you compare it to the older seasons. We would never have got great characters like Tommy and Kim. I think Power Rangers is valuable on its own. That's the series I am a fan of not Super Sentai.

exactly plus not to mention we wouldn't have such great villains if Power Rangers didn't make them like Lord Zedd for example.

Zeo Power 12/17/17 09:11 PM

Thats one of the things I love about Zeo , it had a clear finale. In the sense that they defeated the Machine Empire. As well as resolved the Gold Ranger Storyline.