Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why was Megaforce such a mess? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8227)

MattEmily 11/27/17 02:06 PM

Why was Megaforce such a mess?

Why was Megaforce and Super Megaforce such a mess?

Power Rangers Forever 11/27/17 02:08 PM

Re: Why was Megaforce such a mess?

Because the team ups were half hearted and had no subsistence. The finale could have been awesome but came off as forced and wasted.

MattEmily 11/27/17 02:10 PM

Now I have various reasons as to why they were big messes but it was mostly due to Super Megaforce that it made Megaforce even more of a mess.

First off Gia got no focus.
Second off while I've got no issues with them using Gokaiger suits as power-ups my issue was more because of how they ended up using the ancient Gokai Changes since we saw Dairanger and pre-Zyu teams for no reason other than Tzachor wanted to be cheap and not re-shoot scenes and he felt no reason to explain things since he thought an explanation wasn't needed which was a horrible move on his part.

Third off he wasted the potential of returning actors for the Legendary Battle on top of which we didn't even see every Ranger fighting in the battle which was another issue.

Sentai Is Forever 11/27/17 02:11 PM

They tried to tell their own story. The Legendary Battle should have happened in the beginning like in Super Sentai. Also Super Megaforce should have been its own cast with a different name than Megaforce.

Usagi Reborn 11/27/17 02:59 PM

I was disappointed that we got less Gia too. Since she was such a highlight Of Megaforce and didn't get too much focus in Super

Captain Codfish 11/27/17 03:02 PM

I thought legendary battle and Super Megaforce itself was awesome. I love team ups and Super Megaforce had a lot of them. I thought they handled them all very well anyway. I never thought we would see so many Rangers at once .

Massive Ego 11/27/17 03:13 PM

It was a terrible season with terrible execution. The team ups were all glorified cameos and some of them worse. Legendary Battle was more like Legendary Clusterfuck.

MattEmily 11/27/17 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever (Post 69286)
They tried to tell their own story. The Legendary Battle should have happened in the beginning like in Super Sentai. Also Super Megaforce should have been its own cast with a different name than Megaforce.

Telling their own story wasn't the problem and no matter where the big battle was placed at it would've been a disaster. Super Megaforce should've been its own season but they didn't want to do that since it would've been a moot point if it wasn't part of an anniversary series much like Megaforce was. Toei should've allowed them to just skip Goseiger so we would've gotten Gokaiger for 2 years but they didn't want to allow that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi Reborn (Post 69292)
I was disapointed that we got less Gia too. Since she was such a highlight Of Megaforce.

no doubt about that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 69293)
I thought legendary battle and Super Megaforce itself was awesome. I love team ups and Super Megaforce had a lot of them. I thought they handled them all very well anyway. I never thought we would see so many Rangers at once .

It wasn't even halfway to awesome not even semi-halfway to halfway to awesome. The Legendary Battle was even more of a disgrace than Shuki's idea to bring a child into the show and have him become a Ranger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 69296)
It was a terrible season with terrible execution. The team ups were all glorified cameos and some of them worse. Legendary Battle was more like Legendary Cluster****.

that's stating the obvious and calling it (the Legendary Battle) a Cluster**** is being too kind.

Massive Ego 11/27/17 07:02 PM

And i should add Megaforce was bad as well, because it made all the mistakes Of Neo Saban era PR.

Adam White Tiger 11/27/17 07:03 PM

I wish Adam would have come back as the mentor instead of Gosei.