Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   I got an idea for an AU (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8995)

Horror Ranger 07/06/20 11:27 PM

I got an idea for an AU

In this version Kat kills Kimberly instead of saving her and the evil spell becomes permenant. She ends up working for Rita and finding away to have her killed and Zedd sent away to deal withe the Machine Empire. Kat manuevers things so she can be put in charge while Zedd is gone. Jason, Trini, and Zack come back with their Dino Powers to fight her.

Lady Katastrophe 07/06/20 11:28 PM

Re: I got an idea for an AU

I like that idea, Kat could take on the Lady Katastrophe idenity I created.

Lord Drakkon 07/07/20 09:01 AM

Sounds like a Coinless like universe.

Inner Senshi 07/07/20 09:02 AM

I don't like all these ideas to make Rangers evil.

Piccolo Diamond 07/07/20 09:03 AM

Its all in AUs though. They are not our Rangers.

TommyIsPoison 07/07/20 09:05 AM

I feel like everyone is jumping on the Lord Drakkon bandwagon.It was a good storyline but I feel its time to move on..

Super Cena 07/07/20 09:06 AM

So by doing an act of evil Kat makes Rita's spell permanent in this universe?.

Horror Ranger 07/07/20 09:08 AM

Yup. I figured fan act of good freed PRU Kat, an act of evil would make the spell permanent. Not even the Zeo Crystal could save her.

Captain Codfish 07/08/20 06:52 PM

The beauty of AU's is that you can do anything. The idea is pretty cool. Your going to have to be careful not to copy too much of the Drakkon arch though.

Miki1988 07/09/20 08:28 AM

The whole Drakkon stuff has been overdone on YouTube as well. Not that I didn't enjoy them all, but at least somebody could make an effort to come up with an original concept.

It's probably a hard task making an original concept without time travel, interdimensional travel or AU travel concepts. For example, let's say that interdimensional travel stands for traveling between different dimensions within the same universe, and AU travel is when someone travels to, for example, same dimension but in a different universe. Distinguising between the two terms could open door for a lot of original story concepts, like using only the elements/story segments from the official TV series, but not its characters. That could lead to some great storytelling. Using the same characters over and over again isn't even interesting anymore.