Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Lost Galaxy and Universal Morphing Grid (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6922)

AndrosRC 08/31/15 10:52 AM

Lost Galaxy and Universal Morphing Grid

So I started rewatching the Lost Galaxy arc of PRLG and something occoured to me. How do the powers still work in the Lost Galaxy? If the sabers (which arr the source of the ranger powers) are attached to the Universal Morphing Grid as is assumed, then once they are removed from said universe, how can the powers work?

Im sure some will argue that Mirinoi was in the lost galaxy to start, but that raises the same question only the other way around. I also know this can be asked about other instances as well. Goldars Dark Dimension, the Dream World in Samurai, and many others. I am truly stumped by this as it seems there is no way of answerimg it without questioning the grid itself. We know its a physical area due to PROO: OAR, so how can it be in 2 universes at once? Could it be its own alternate dimension as well and run through all existing dimensions? I truly am stumped by this dillema.

Massive Ego 09/04/15 11:32 AM

Re: Lost Galaxy and Universal Morphing Grid

The problem is that they never really were consistant about the Morphing Grid until RPM.

MattEmily 09/04/15 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrosRC (Post 56209)
So I started rewatching the Lost Galaxy arc of PRLG and something occoured to me. How do the powers still work in the Lost Galaxy? If the sabers (which arr the source of the ranger powers) are attached to the Universal Morphing Grid as is assumed, then once they are removed from said universe, how can the powers work?

Im sure some will argue that Mirinoi was in the lost galaxy to start, but that raises the same question only the other way around. I also know this can be asked about other instances as well. Goldars Dark Dimension, the Dream World in Samurai, and many others. I am truly stumped by this as it seems there is no way of answerimg it without questioning the grid itself. We know its a physical area due to PROO: OAR, so how can it be in 2 universes at once? Could it be its own alternate dimension as well and run through all existing dimensions? I truly am stumped by this dillema.

I believe the best way to describe it would be to call it as the Universal Morphin Grid which means it's a grid that can be found anywhere whether it's Edenoi, Aquitar, Earth, Triforia, Mirinoi or even in alternate dimensions such as Zedd's Dark Dimension. Yes on Earth there was a physical representation of the grid but that could just be an Earth visual representation of what the grid looks like when you go into it through an Earth portal.

Massive Ego 09/19/15 12:37 PM

Thats a good explanation for the physical morphing grid scene. Too bad the writers weren't as smart as you.

MattEmily 06/07/16 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 56262)
Thats a good explanation for the physical morphing grid scene. Too bad the writers weren't as smart as you.

either that or the writers just didn't care about coming up with an explanation.

MMPR Forever 07/04/16 01:30 PM

I'm starting to think the MMPR Rangers were the only team to use the true Morphing Grid.

MattEmily 07/04/16 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Forever (Post 57303)
I'm starting to think the MMPR Rangers were the only team to use the true Morphing Grid.

incorrect since there's only ever been 1 Morphin' Grid in the main timeline of the TV series.

MMPR Forever 07/06/16 07:18 PM

I just think the MMPR grid is the one true grid and all the other ones were fake.

Massive Ego 07/06/16 07:20 PM

As much as I have hated the show for most of the last decade. I think we can safely say the Morphing Grid has been the same . Except maybe for RPM.

Captain Codfish 07/07/16 08:28 PM

The only team that didn't use the Grid was Zeo. Of course like has been said.... RPM used a grid from another universe.